Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Jun 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1946055)   #76
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I fell asleep partway through the race but was woken up to be told JPM had just won. Great result for him, especially seeing as where he started on the grid. He needed to pull something out of the bag and certainly did it this week!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 08:51 (Ref:1946102)   #77
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm pinching myself.........He hasn't really done it has he?????

I hope CH5 show the full highlights package tonight and not just the last 3rd like they have been lately??? Please....
Old 25 Jun 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1946220)   #78
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't hold your breath chuntz.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1946261)   #79
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
Great racing. I really liked the duel between JPM and Jamie. I think that Harvick /team made a big mistake. If they had enough gas and thought that JPM was low on fuel they should have run JPM hard to make him use his fuel. Instead they thought they could just wait and then breeze to the win.
And to think JPM should have got someone like Boris Said to show him how to drive a stock car on the road courses, eh (as I read elsewhere)?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 13:23 (Ref:1946305)   #80
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
hehe
wonder if he can manage a top five finish today and get his season back on track?

I was on the edge of my chair for the last 20 laps or so.

A lot of things happen on these final laps: leading cars bumping, lack of gas, good overtaking moves, etc., etc., etc...
Old 25 Jun 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1946385)   #81
GeeRam
Racer

England
London, UK.
GeeRam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That means JPM joins mario Andretti and Dan Gurney as the only drivers to have won a F1 Grand prix and a NASCAR race, and only JPM and Mario have won a F1 GP, NASCAR as well as the Indy 500.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 15:33 (Ref:1946404)   #82
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
FANTASTIC!

Having to work is such an arse... I was enjoying that and would have LOVED to have stayed up to see this result!

Well done Monty... now for an oval As Jr said to JrJr, you get your first win and everything starts to happen for you. Fingers crossed!

And I am DEFINATELY going to this race next year
Old 25 Jun 2007, 15:58 (Ref:1946428)   #83
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ovals will be a struggle for a while yet.....all the idiosyncrasies are there to be learned, the team needs to develop, Juan needs to get a slightly better grasp of it. So these road courses are the only possible feed for the time being, although I think a win on an oval in Busch isn't a million miles away.

The ovals are the key and it would be good for them to be strong there. One day hopefully!

Craig, you really missed out!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1946444)   #84
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, I KNOW! Shame there's no kind people out there who want to wang it on a DVD for me...
Old 25 Jun 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1946461)   #85
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is repeated several times mind you, full race.

But my PM's are open if needs be.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1946609)   #86
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Will certainly be looking out for it in the schedules - please feel free to post details up on here if you see it is gonna be shown... I *really* need to get Sky Plus
Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1946618)   #87
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

OK, err, for several times read, err, once.

Wednesday midnight is the repeat slot on 434.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1946622)   #88
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Bugger. Maybe I'll try and get the video set up and working with Sky (will be the first time in three years I've managed to do that if I can get it to work!)
Old 26 Jun 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1947310)   #89
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Well done JPM!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1947329)   #90
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I hope you raised a beer to toast his success, Knowlesy? Using that hideous beer hugger thing, of course!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1947509)   #91
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hehehe... Well, I raised a pint of Guinness.

And as I did so, I proclaimed: HELL YEAH!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1947583)   #92
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now he needs to get with a real team so he has shot at winning on oval tracks too. And in the next race punt Robby "I can't admit I'm a dumbass" Gordon off the track. Can't believe he had the nerve to say JPM didn't win the race, he got lucky with fuel strategy, isnt that what Robby was trying to do when he pitted earlier hoping everyone else ran out. Instead he finished almost all the way at the back, last I saw he was in around 32nd on the last couple laps.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1947588)   #93
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson have now been penalized for the infractions at the pre-race inspection. They will both lose 100 points, be fined $100,000, and lose their crew chiefs for 6 races.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ies/index.html
Old 26 Jun 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1947611)   #94
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I could understand Robby Gordons frustrations, but ultimately he was talking trash.

He lost the race fair and square. He should know how it works by now.

Coming out and saying things like he did makes him seem an even bigger nitwit than I initially thought the past few years. Silly, hair brained man.

The whole 42 team did a superb job and out-brained everyone. Racing isn't just about being fastest and besides JPM did pull some good moves to get into a good position. He didn't suddenly transpire to be the leader out of nothing.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:36 (Ref:1947848)   #95
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think most people predicted a Montoya win, but, he's still gotta do it . I missed the race, so hopefully he was more deserving of this race win than he was of his Busch Series win
Old 27 Jun 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1948133)   #96
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
And to think JPM should have got someone like Boris Said to show him how to drive a stock car on the road courses, eh (as I read elsewhere)?
JPM got lucky. If not for his gas mileage he would have probably finished behind Robby.

Seriously, no one can run the Cup cars better than Boris on the road courses.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1948282)   #97
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That wasn't meant as a slight against anybody of course.

As JPM says though, any win needs an element of luck. It's how you use that luck.