Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 Mar 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1264620)   #26
Twin Airbags
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincolnshire
Twin Airbags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I must agree, what a meeting FANTASTIC. Phil I knew you wanted my hubby to respray your bonnet, but you didn't have to go to those lengths to get a respray. Hope the wife found strength to rub them better for you mate.

It was nice to get to talk to some new faces, and meet up with everyone again. It seems like ages, at last we got the season off to a Brilliant start, hope we all keep it up. Cheers Guys & Gals.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1264648)   #27
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was well impressed with the way Becky held onto it whilst sideways through Chessens, thought she was going to destroy the tyre wall with that one, great bit of driving. Glad to see her going better than last year!

I forgot to add, I don't think many people went faster through chessens than the Juniors in the A Final. They all seem mega commited! Was standing with Chris Bellamy, he recons they havn't found out how much a crash hurts yet!

It was certainly a case of - if you not going to brake, then i'm not...WOAHHHH!!
Old 29 Mar 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1264673)   #28
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it looks like I missed a great days racing, never mind it will soon be May.

The future is now looking very rosie the season is up and running, and going by last weeks Motorsport News the organisers are talking and,
[quote MN]"All parties agreed that in the interest of the sport they would work together on a number of opportunities and events"
It looks like 2005 is going to be a good year.

Last edited by silver bullet; 29 Mar 2005 at 21:22.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1265509)   #29
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"so out of the gloom comes a strong ray of sunshine"

Lets just hope its a really sunny summer
Old 30 Mar 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1265554)   #30
grasser26
Rookie

Wales
West Wales
grasser26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Greer - may not have been the quickest but was learning the car, you could see him trying different lines into and out of the corners - intelligent driving.
Jonny Greer was having fuel surge promblems with the Puma due to still having the flat tank from its rallying days fitted -this is one of the reasons why he was trying different lines into the corners so yes he was driving intelligently and he should be one to look out for in the future.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1266078)   #31
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was driving with a standard fuel tank too on the Metro. I had to drive it with quarter of a tank of juice to stop fuel surge.
I will have a new smaller tank will be fitted by Croft, should help reduce the weight too

si
Old 31 Mar 2005, 11:16 (Ref:1266099)   #32
grasser26
Rookie

Wales
West Wales
grasser26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihorton
I was driving with a standard fuel tank too on the Metro. I had to drive it with quarter of a tank of juice to stop fuel surge.
I will have a new smaller tank will be fitted by Croft, should help reduce the weight too

si
Jonny Greer was running with a full tank (65 litres went in) apparently the fuel pickup was in the offside of the tank which was giving him all the problems.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1266147)   #33
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a LOT of extra weight to be carrying for a rallycross car. Guess we should see a big differnce next time out if he has a smaller tank with less weight.

si
Old 31 Mar 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1266398)   #34
Heppy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Settle, North Yorkshire.
Heppy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just wanted to say well done to everybody involved in organizing Monday's event and a big thankyou to the marhshalls, the day went very smoothly with hardly any hold ups (speaking of which, hope your bits are revovering well Phill!!!).
Must say I had a great day, track layout is brilliant and I think it must be the best circuit for spectating. Will look forward to going down again in August.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1266457)   #35
Mr Atspeed JR
Rookie

Mr Atspeed JR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a good days racing. Every formula put on a good show. shame the mini X wasnt there tho. Nice to see that the stock hatch got its usual write up i the Motoring news! 7 lines WOW!!
Old 31 Mar 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1266615)   #36
Derek Tohill
Rookie

Derek Tohill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed my first visit to Lydden from a spectators point of view! Enjoyed watching proceedings for a change, don't really want to make a habit of it. It's seldom the car ever gives me trouble, just gotta write it off as "Thats Motorsport".

I would definitely like to make the 800 mile journey again, more than four laps of racing would be a big bonus!

Well done to all concerned, nice to meet everyone, roll on Mondello....
Old 1 Apr 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1266984)   #37
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No no dont roll on mondello

Look forward to see some people at mondello !! (still looking to get a car for the event!)

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..