Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 May 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2192579)   #26
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
but why would you? I live in Tilbury as well [not with banger-racer! ] and walking to the station this morning I could hear the dock announcements and can hear the fog horn thing when that goes off too, but wouldn't complain about it as have chosen to live there and know the docks etc are there. The only bit that does get on my nerves are the lorries that drive oh so slowly sometimes.....!

Living near a circuit and complaining about the noise - if you move there, know the circuit's there and complain about the noise I have no sympathy - if you've been a resident of the area for many years and the circuit has expanded with more meetings, track days etc - I have some sympathy for those people.
Because at night there is no need for unnecessary noise such as tannoys and fog horn thingies, also reversing bleepers can be turned off or the new low pitch noise ones could be used.
One thing that puzzles me is the fact that there is any noise at all from Tilbury docks, when I used to go there I could spend anything up to two days in queues of trucks over two miles long as the lazy buggers would rarely do any work.
Old 2 May 2008, 14:25 (Ref:2192583)   #27
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the tannoys were going off at 6.30 this morning and I've heard the fog horns many times when going to bed....there might not be any need for it but I won't complain about it unless it grows or becomes significantly louder. You're welcome to come over and hear the noises if you want to Tim!
Old 2 May 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2192587)   #28
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
You're welcome to come over and hear the noises if you want to Tim!
No thanks, I will be very happy if I never see Tilbury ever again.
Old 2 May 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2192685)   #29
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't look overly restrictive to me. Probably a senisble move by Palmer and MSV.
Old 2 May 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2192702)   #30
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Apart from th quiet days for which I don't know what was already in force concerning them, it looks no different to what has been happening for the past few years.
Old 2 May 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2192706)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
muhahaha it's nice to know my containers arriving at tilbury are inconveniencing someone apart from me and my colleagues
Old 2 May 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2192761)   #32
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Councils don't pick on anybody, they wait for complaints and then act on them. I can't think of any business that makes more noise than a race circuit while being used apart from maybe airports.
The trouble is its the minority that always seems to win in these situations and that's where Combe had the problem,ONLY 5 people complained to the council!

Yet no matter how much support Combe had drummed up with many thousands of e-mails and letters not only from fans of motorsport at combe but also local business like pubs,hotels etc this minorty or NIMBYS as they are known overulled every body else for the sake of just 2 noisey weekends a year but its nothing new at least the council decided the circuit could run at 108dba so this meant the end of international racing.
Even though i was pleased the council agreed that 108dba was not too intrusive so racing can continue its just a shame its only at club level!

If this happend at brands i feel that would have been the end of the circuit!
i just hope in the future the nimbys voice doesn't get any louder as then the trouble will start.
Old 16 May 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2204049)   #33
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks very similiar to the restrictions applied to Snett which had to be implemented before the planned development of the circuit and creation of the Motorsport Business Park. Circuits must be seen to be acting to control the noise, as mentioned the small minority of NIMBY's can get their way at times, but it does look like local councils are working with MSV to ensure all these circuits have a viable future and Mr Palmer can continue with his excellent work in bringing the circuits up to the 21st century standards. 118bd is a workable limit plus the additional un-silenced days, which as local Snett resident we are now informed when these days are so to give the NIMBY's a chance to go to the coast on those days and complain about the noise of the seagulls!!!
Old 16 May 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2204398)   #34
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Apart from th quiet days for which I don't know what was already in force concerning them, it looks no different to what has been happening for the past few years.
I would agree there

In fact I'm surprised how many class 2 and 3 race meetings they are allowed - I actually thought it was less than that already.

In that I am assuming that the term race meeting covers the entire event, ie Fri, Sat, Sun for the biggies.....

Another example of MSV looking to, and planning for the future. Far better to be ahead of the curve, so well done to JP and MSV for helping to safeguard the future of motorsport at my favourite venue