Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2010, 03:49 (Ref:2612554)   #26
cjent
Rookie

United States
FL & NC, USA
cjent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ah! I think you are right Stranger. Andy Schupack!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2612652)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Assuming Porsche PR is what it says then rather than criticise is it not better to thank Andy for coming on and giving first hand information?

Look forward to hearing more in the future.

...Makes me want to go out and buy a Porsche
Old 19 Jan 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2615452)   #28
Porsche PR
Rookie

Porsche PR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche Factory drivers announced Jan. 19 - 10 AM German time

The Porsche factory driver announcement will come from Stuttgart/Atlanta at 10 AM CET (4 AM EST in the US).

--andy
Old 19 Jan 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2615552)   #29
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll take a guess:
* Joerg Bergmeister
* Timo Bernhard
* Emmanuel Collard
* Romain Dumas
* Wolf Henzler
* Marc Lieb
* Richard Lietz
* Patrick Long
* Patrick Pilet
Old 19 Jan 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2615557)   #30
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I'll take a guess:
* Joerg Bergmeister
* Timo Bernhard
* Emmanuel Collard
* Romain Dumas
* Wolf Henzler
* Marc Lieb
* Richard Lietz
* Patrick Long
* Patrick Pilet
I think at least 1, possibly 2 on your list won't be on Porsche's.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2615601)   #31
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'll take a guess:
* Joerg Bergmeister
* Timo Bernhard
* Emmanuel Collard
* Romain Dumas
* Wolf Henzler
* Marc Lieb
* Richard Lietz
* Patrick Long
* Patrick Pilet
Scratch Collard, then you are right.

Henzler to race the Falken-Porsche
Old 19 Jan 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2615629)   #32
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.porsche.com/germany/sport...t/workdrivers/

From Porsche.
Collard is still there.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2615707)   #33
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-3352.html says 8 Works Drivers and has no mention of Collard, so either Collard was such a late addition that the info handed out to them is outdated or the Porsche website is wrong.

“I’m proud to have eight world-class works drivers in our line-up for the 2010 season,” says Hartmut Kristen, Head of Motorsport at Porsche.

EDIT: just checked DSC and they have only 8 aswell with no Collard.

Last edited by NightStalk3r; 19 Jan 2010 at 13:59.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2615770)   #34
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very sad to see Collard dropped by Porsche, poor reward for a good servant who should be snapped up by some team wanting experience and real speed. He has proved that he can drive anything, in his F3000 days he was as good as any driver in the field and is an excellent example of a driver making it on ability.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2615819)   #35
Porsche PR
Rookie

Porsche PR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche Factory Driver release - full text - USA version

PORSCHE SQUAD IS EIGHT DRIVERS FOR 2010

Stuttgart/Atlanta – January 19, 2010 - Eight works drivers will compete for Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, this motorsport season, 2010. The professional racers, all of whom held a Porsche contract last year, will support Porsche customer teams around the world.

Like in 2009, Marc Lieb (29, Germany) and Richard Lietz (26, Austria) contest the Le Mans Series (LMS) for the Felbermayr-Proton team in a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. Patrick Pilet (28, France) again races for IMSA Performance Matmut in the LMS. Moreover, the Porsche works drivers will compete for other teams in selected championships and at long distance races.

Joerg Bergmeister (33, Germany) and Patrick Long (28, USA) aim to defend their title win in the 2009 American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and are back driving for Flying Lizard Motorsports with a 911 GT3 RSR. Wolf Henzler (34, Germany) will pilot a 911 GT3 RSR in the ALMS for the Porsche customer team Falken Tire. Aside from their ALMS commitments, the factory drivers will also support customer teams at other races.

Porsche works drivers Timo Bernhard (28, Germany) and Romain Dumas (32, France) are determined to defend their overall win at the Nürburgring 24 hour race in 2010 and are currently involved in intensive preparations and testing. Further events are planned.

“I’m proud to have eight world-class works drivers in our line-up for the 2010 season,” says Hartmut Kristen, Head of Motorsport at Porsche. “We know all of them very well and our customer teams can totally rely on their driving skills. In the development and optimization of our race vehicles, these pilots also play an important role and our teams around the world profit from this.”

For the majority of the factory pilots, their first race of the season will be the Rolex 24 at Daytona event, where they support customer squads in Porsche 911 GT3 Cup vehicles.

High resolution photos of the 2010 Porsche factory drivers can be downloaded at the following link:

http://www.sportssystems.com/hosting/display.cfm?key=101333

# # #

PORSCHE DAYTONA 24-HOUR FACTS
(updated 1/19/10)
Overall Wins: 21 (first in 1968; most recent in 2009)

Class Wins: 63

Porsche 911 Wins: 37 Overall and Class Victories

Initial Overall Win: 1968

GT Class Wins: 27

SGS Class wins (class ran only in 2004): 1

20 Race Winning Streak (overall or class): 1966-1987

Finished 1-2 overall in 11 Daytona 24-Hours

GT class winner finishing second overall: 2001, 2004

From 1977 to 1988, Porsche had compiled 12 consecutive overall wins

GTX Series Winner: 1978-1981

GTP Series Winner: 1982-89, 1991

# # #
PORSCHE AMRICAN LE MANS SERIES STATISTICS
(1999 – 2009)

Porsche overall wins: 11 (Mid-Ohio, ‘06; Long Beach, ‘07; Houston, ‘07, Salt
Lake City, ’07, Lime Rock, ’07, Mid-Ohio ’07, Road America, ’07, Mosport ’07, Detroit ’07,
Sebring, ’08, Salt Lake City ‘08 )

Porsche Class Victories: 100
Audi - 80
Corvette – 71
Lola - 33
Ferrari - 27
BMW - 18
Acura - 18
Dodge - 16

Porsche LMP2 Wins: 24
Porsche GTS Wins: 2
Porsche GT/GT2 Wins: 74
Porsche 911 GT3 R/RS/RSR wins: 72

Porsche Class Poles: 86
Audi – 62
Corvette – 64
Lola/MG/AER – 31

Porsche has won the GT/GT2 ALMS manufacturers title nine of the 11 years of ALMS’ existence. 2006 was Porsche’s first LMP2 title, and Porsche won the drivers, manufacturers, engine and chassis titles in LMP2 for 2006, 2007, and 2008.

# # #
Old 19 Jan 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2615842)   #36
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it's a good list - seems most people speculating that Maassen and Collard were goners were totally correct too. Sad to see them go, because both are fast and consistent pilots, but by and large the remaining list is a good one. I still think Pilet is an odd one out though he's been getting faster with time, and I'm guessing he's popular with Narac/IMSA due to his nationality.

I guess the inevitable happened with Henzler going to Falken because there are no other viable Porsche teams. I'd like to hope that the rubber will be up to the task but that seems a little over-optimistic.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2615853)   #37
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't too keen on Pillet to begin with but in 2009 he showed that he is one of Porsche's quickest Factory Drivers, Although not a Factory Driver anymore though Westbrook is still the Fastest for me.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2615862)   #38
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Very sad to see Collard dropped by Porsche, poor reward for a good servant who should be snapped up by some team wanting experience and real speed. He has proved that he can drive anything, in his F3000 days he was as good as any driver in the field and is an excellent example of a driver making it on ability.
I'd agree 100%. Interestingly, rumours have been circulating for a while now that he may be headed for Peugeot.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2615871)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Assuming Porsche PR is what it says then rather than criticise is it not better to thank Andy for coming on and giving first hand information?

Look forward to hearing more in the future.

...Makes me want to go out and buy a Porsche

Absolutely right. Thank you Andy.

And Mal, can you buy me one while you're there.......?

Old 19 Jan 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2615914)   #40
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll add my thanks, Andy. Good information. One little adjustment on the Rolex (ne Sunbank) record, though. I think this is off by a year:

Quote:
From 1977 to 1988, Porsche had compiled 12 consecutive overall wins
1976 = BMW, 1988 = Jaguar. So 11 consecutive overall wins in between. Still rather dominant, isn't it?
Old 19 Jan 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2615919)   #41
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Andy, that is a great deal of code you've written for this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche PR View Post
Porsche works drivers Timo Bernhard (28, Germany) and Romain Dumas (32, France) are determined to defend their overall win at the Nürburgring 24 hour race in 2010 and are currently involved in intensive preparations and testing. Further events are planned.
Further events are planned, but as of yet unannounced. Speculate away.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2615950)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Andy, that is a great deal of code you've written for this post.

Further events are planned, but as of yet unannounced. Speculate away.
maybe 2nd Spyder for alms?
Old 20 Jan 2010, 00:58 (Ref:2616032)   #43
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guest appearances in GT Open/Italian GT/Spanish GT cars?! Leitz, Pilet and Maassen all did a bunch of that last year. Further to the Nurby 24, maybe some VLN too?
Old 20 Jan 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2616040)   #44
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Factory team in the Britcar 24 Hours! :P

Chris
Old 20 Jan 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2616062)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe they could be 3rd drivers for enduro's?
Old 20 Jan 2010, 03:32 (Ref:2616066)   #46
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Maybe they could be 3rd drivers for enduro's?
IMO, these are Porsche's best drivers. Are they 3rd driver material? I think there is an as of yet unannounced program for them. What that is, who knows.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 04:26 (Ref:2616077)   #47
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
IMO, these are Porsche's best drivers. Are they 3rd driver material? I think there is an as of yet unannounced program for them. What that is, who knows.
Could they be for the un-named 997 RSR rumoured to possibly be out there for the ALMS?? Surely not Vici. You did say to speculate away... Speaking of Vici and Porsche, has anyone heard if the T-Mobile money came for the '10 season?
Old 20 Jan 2010, 09:43 (Ref:2616163)   #48
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'll go out on a limb here: I think the testing has something to do with the possible entry of a hybrid version of a RSR at the 24 Hours of the Nürburgring
Old 20 Jan 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2616329)   #49
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
I'll go out on a limb here: I think the testing has something to do with the possible entry of a hybrid version of a RSR at the 24 Hours of the Nürburgring

Typically when you have racers and testers, your best aren't your testers... typically...
Old 20 Jan 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2616389)   #50
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
I would tend to agree with you, but I cannot help but wonder whether the other arrangements with customer 997 teams were made while a Cytosport RS Spyder for Bernhard and Dumas was still a possibility. If that fell through, which it seems to have, then they would be left in this situation.