Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jun 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2702980)   #226
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice camera angles in the Monaco programme, but a dreadful commentary. ERA is pronounced E - R - A, not era - It's Folch, not Flock, Carlo did not cause the shunt with Leone - there's no such thing as a Chevron BT15 - I could go on...

... and as for some of the phrases that were used! It was as though somebody had transcribed the French commentary, put it into Google Translate and said "Here mate - read this!" [/Rant]
Old 2 Jun 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2702990)   #227
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh - you should have heard the german commentary during the races....
The same clueless guy as two years ago - he, for example, only once managed to pronounce Frank Sytners name properly, which he quickly redid in his next sentence.
And he never really checked what was going on on the track....
Cheers,
Ralf
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2703857)   #228
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It sounds like it was the same commentary as on the DVD the ACM just sent out to everybody. Poor Carlo - he should sue Eurosport! If it is the same film I did not think very much of it - it certainly missed most of the excitement of the F3 race.

Some of you will be pleased to know that the club has said it will run F3 again in 2 years time (both races). But for space reasons they need to get rid of one of the other races or will perhaps combine two grids (pre-war and front engined GP?).

Marcus
Old 3 Jun 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2703913)   #229
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not complaining about the film as I got mentioned twice.
Seriously, I did not think it was too bad, but I suppose I was tagging on to the battles that got the coverage.
Good news for two years time.
I am already looking forward to it.
Trotty
Old 4 Jun 2010, 06:28 (Ref:2704309)   #230
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having watch your F3 race from the grandstands only, not at Eurosport. I can tell you it was a pleasure to watch.

Good news Marcus!
Now the big question is: Will it be 1600 cc and 2.ltr. cars, mixed as this year?
I really think it a shame to have the 1600 cars running with the 2.ltr. cars, there is too great a difference between them.
Only my humble opinion.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 06:51 (Ref:2704925)   #231
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[Some of you will be pleased to know that the club has said it will run F3 again in 2 years time (both races). But for space reasons they need to get rid of one of the other races or will perhaps combine two grids (pre-war and front engined GP?).

Marcus[/QUOTE]

Wow this is great news. I will let CF3 members know and we can start planning for it!
Old 5 Jun 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2704968)   #232
benjabulle
Racer

benjabulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did a page on F3 Monaco event, you F3 guys will learn nothing but I hope it will help to discover this great serie :

http://www.gurneyflap.com/10monacof3.html
Old 2 Oct 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2768321)   #233
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
As the season draws to near the end i have put all my Monaco pics on my didgital picture frame.Just now am i able to savour the weekend in Monaco.Mrs Delta cant understand why im not watching X factor
Old 3 Oct 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2768700)   #234
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
It sounds like it was the same commentary as on the DVD the ACM just sent out to everybody. Poor Carlo - he should sue Eurosport! If it is the same film I did not think very much of it - it certainly missed most of the excitement of the F3 race.

Some of you will be pleased to know that the club has said it will run F3 again in 2 years time (both races). But for space reasons they need to get rid of one of the other races or will perhaps combine two grids (pre-war and front engined GP?).

Marcus
Hi Marcus,
if I were in charge I would throw the pre wars out entirely.
Many cars in that grid have no relevance to Monaco or to Grand prix Racing.
They are just sorely needed to make up the numbers.
I am thinking about cars like a BMW 328 sports car.

The sports car race is also not excactly the highlight of the day.
Why have a pre war (!) Aston Martin in it ?

The post war front engined GP grid is admittedly small but Yours Truly will bump it with a Lotus 12. I have to admit that between the few proper pre War Grand Prix Cars such as the Alfa and the occassional Maser and the undersubscribed Front Engined Grid You could probably fill one good grid.

Bring FJ back to Monaco !!!!!!!

Rudolf
Old 3 Oct 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2768758)   #235
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta.
I have all my Monaco photos on CD ready to give to you, including the ones of all the drivers after the race.
Hopefully I will drop in for a cup of tea in the next week.

Trotty

ps. The photos are better than watching x factor!
Old 3 Oct 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2768766)   #236
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T View Post

ps. The photos are better than watching x factor!
ANYthing is better than watching x factor!
Old 3 Oct 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2768814)   #237
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thought there was a 328 in 52 Sports Car grid.
Gussing so could be wrong.
Lots of Nash Reps.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 06:26 (Ref:2768910)   #238
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Thought there was a 328 in 52 Sports Car grid.
Gussing so could be wrong.
Lots of Nash Reps.
Dieter Quester's BMW was there, and the reason for having a sports car race is that the GP was held in 1952 as a sports car race and therefore as the main event. The fact that it was held in 1952 does not mean that it is limited to 1952 cars, but anything produced before that year can participate. The nimble 328 was still perfectly suited for a twisty track like Monaco. BMW 328 derived Veritasses are also regular participants.
So all in all 1952 sports cars may have more rights to be in the Historique than FJ or F3 racers, which were always SUPPORT races.