Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Aug 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2742031)   #1
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dreossi Special

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle1663106/

Interesting article that cropped up in one of the Canadian Newspapers I read. Presumably this qualifies as a 'green' racecar since it is made from recycled materials right?
Old 22 Aug 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2748414)   #2
equipic
Rookie

equipic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This car is coming to Goodwood, Brands the week before and then on to Spa.
The guy who drives it must be very brave!
Old 23 Aug 2010, 02:09 (Ref:2748740)   #3
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's my brother. He is brave, especially if he runs it when I'm "on the bank." When he'd only had it a few years he pranged it at my turn at Mosport, and the biggest problem I think he had was me telling that he should have been watching his mirrors!

Our family is looking forward to carrying the flag for Ecurie Shoestring (our family racing team) at the Revival. Yes, I will be on the bank.
keke
Old 2 Oct 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2768320)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sad this week when i said goodbye to Doug and your Mum Scooter.Your brothers car ran like clockwork and also very well with Doug at the wheel. Had a tear in my eye when i gave your Mum a hug but looks like ive made a couple of very special new freinds.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2768333)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Withany luck here is a pic of Me,Doug,Dave and Martin at Goodwood.
[IMG=http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3855/dsc00075lz.th.jpg][/IMG]
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 2 Oct 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2768383)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here are few snaps from Spa.

Doug, complete with balloons, preparing to go out.

A couple of shots taken on the start straight during qualifying - it was a little damp.

And one of Doug flying up the hill after Eau-Rouge - but it could be almost anywhere I guess. I have several versions of the whole sequence at that point but they need to be viewed quite large for best impressions.

I was a huge pleasure to meet Doug and Scooter. The chance meeting half way round the circuit when a tall fence blocked my way (and offered some challenges to get over it with all the photo kit I was carry) will stick in my mind for a long time. No one else around and suddenly Doug and a friend appeared from nowhere at just the right moment to help. Slightly surreal really.

The Dreossi certainly drew a lot of interest.
Attached Thumbnails
ONED3_102_0478.jpg   ONED3_102_0493.jpg   ONED8121.jpg  

ONED8126.jpg   ONED9599.jpg