Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Sep 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3300739)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party

I notice that one of the probably senators that will be elected is from the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party.

I wonder what this means for motorsport in Australia. they support better roads and off roading, but i wonder how theye feel about financial support for permanent tracks etc
Old 9 Sep 2013, 03:06 (Ref:3300783)   #2
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what I've seen/heard they're more slanted towards on road users rather than sporting vehicle users but we live in hope.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 03:17 (Ref:3300786)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
while you may be right PVDA, here is a picture of the probable senator, it gives hope

Old 9 Sep 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3300827)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So.. remind me again how an upper house senator with one seat (provisionally) can table legislation in the House of Representatives with no fellow party members down there, achieve a majority, and indeed achieve a majority in his Senate home when there is but one of him?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Sep 2013, 06:30 (Ref:3300830)   #5
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I came here hoping to throw kangaroo poo about..... im disappointed..
Old 9 Sep 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3300853)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So.. remind me again how an upper house senator with one seat (provisionally) can table legislation in the House of Representatives with no fellow party members down there, achieve a majority, and indeed achieve a majority in his Senate home when there is but one of him?

It's my opinion that the Senate doesn't make things happen, it only stops things from happening.

That said, if one of the major parties gets a senate majority, then all the minor party or independant senators may as well not show up...
Old 9 Sep 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3300856)   #7
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully it works something like: Mr Abbott funds 10 new race circuits and this fellow votes with the government on everything else in the senate because he holds the balance of power!
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3300860)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
It's my opinion that the Senate doesn't make things happen, it only stops things from happening.

That said, if one of the major parties gets a senate majority, then all the minor party or independant senators may as well not show up...
Sounds about right... similar to the upper houses in the State government structures too..
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3300870)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Greens seemed to manage it for the last 3 years.

Depends how important his vote is.

Apparantly he is a hill climber.

by the way, if your Victorian and you didnt vote 1 (above the line) for Liberal, Labour or Greens, you ended up voting for this guy
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3300914)   #10
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Greens seemed to manage it for the last 3 years.

Depends how important his vote is.

Apparantly he is a hill climber.

by the way, if your Victorian and you didnt vote 1 (above the line) for Liberal, Labour or Greens, you ended up voting for this guy
I voted for him below the line...... still got writers cramp.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3300998)   #11
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Nope but they will allow/diss allow it pass the senate so they may be able to shape the legislation before it gets there.. And the indies look like being the ones to hold the balance of power come August next year when they take up their positions. (greens will hold the balance till then)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post

I believe it isn't possible for the libs to take control of the senate with the seats that went up this election.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3301222)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I voted for him below the line...... still got writers cramp.
hey thats really interesting, it means you actually knew about the party, Did you have some conenction with, just liked the name, or related to the policies?

Obvoiusly you dont have to say, Im just interested in how you ended up voting for the party
Old 9 Sep 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3301251)   #13
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He HAD to vote for him if he voted below the line, everyone gets a number below the line, however if he made him number 1 then that is a different question
Old 10 Sep 2013, 06:11 (Ref:3301344)   #14
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
hey thats really interesting, it means you actually knew about the party, Did you have some conenction with, just liked the name, or related to the policies?

Obvoiusly you dont have to say, Im just interested in how you ended up voting for the party
On another forum I'm a member of, there was talk of starting a party a while back, maybe the start of this year? It was a reaction to the new anti-hooning legislation that was proposed at the time.

I have no idea if the formation of the AMEP had anything at all to do with that thread, but I had been able to follow things along right from day one of it's formation.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:56 (Ref:3301853)   #15
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought I read somewhere that he was unemployed father of five, I may be wrong on that but if he is he will be on a very healthy income,

Senators and members receive an annual allowance by way of basic salary—$190 550 from 1 July 2012.[1] This background note explains the legislative basis, fixing and linking mechanisms for the allowance. Adjustments to the base salary since 1968 are provided in Table 1 and Graph 1.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3301870)   #16
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone heard from this bloke since the election, or has he gone to ground?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3301939)   #17
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senator for burnouts!!

Coming to a street near you!!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3302038)   #18
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
has anyone heard from this bloke since the election, or has he gone to ground?

He was interviewed on 7.30 on the ABC tonight, check out iview to see it.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3303618)   #19
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read, in the esteemed Motor Sport magazine, that Win Percy claims that the '91 Bathurst winning GTR was illegal.

Surely this much be raised in the senate by the Motoring Enthusiast Party, demanding an immediate enquiry.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3303622)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I read, in the esteemed Motor Sport magazine, that Win Percy claims that the '91 Bathurst winning GTR was illegal.

Surely this much be raised in the senate by the Motoring Enthusiast Party, demanding an immediate enquiry.
A Royal Commission must be demanded forthwith...
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3303640)   #21
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why all the ridicule and hate? Someone is in Canberra whose interests parallel everyone here so you should be supportive. Strange to say the least.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3303649)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If they paralleled everyone here, surely he would have gotten more that .3% of the vote?
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3303654)   #23
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have an inflated idea of how many Australians post here.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3303657)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You have an inflated idea of how many Australians post here.
Perhaps so... but what is the point of being an independent candidate? You can get as excited as you like about being a blocking stake but isnt the more logical way to progress to move into an established party, to learn how the machine works, then try and change that from the inside

At the very least it is a more sustainable model...
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3303661)   #25
Casper
Veteran

The question still remains, why all the hate?

As for systematic change you are living in dreamland. I can think of some who have tried, DLP, Don Chip etc. By any measure they failed. The minor shooters party in NSW seems to get what they want with minimum representation. No one is going to change the major parties and they will keep screwing the motorist for any dollar they can get and the last thing they want is someone trying to upset that particular apple cart. Maybe you would like to stand and show him how it is done? At least he has got to Canberra. The senate will continue to be taken away from the majors as more people stand up for individual platforms and the majors are going to have to negotiate which can only be a good thing.