Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 May 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3902573)   #126
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Aston was a good surprise. Not sure all the cars were all the same. Di Resta's pace was a bit faster than the other boys.
Given his experience in DTM I'd have been surprised if Di Resta wasn't the quickest of the Aston drivers, Juncadella wasn't on his pace in the Mercedes so no surprise he wasn't in the Aston. The other 2 need to learn the cars from scratch.
Old 8 May 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3902606)   #127
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes and the Astons seems way back to the Audi, just to say...there is a lot of work to do for them
Old 8 May 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3902610)   #128
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fittipaldi will be replaced from Andrea Dovizioso in Misano. Fittipaldi has a clash with his driving commmitments that week end. Strange decision by Audi...It seems a classic move to attract italian fans of Dovi and Ducati in Misano. Maybe it's better to lower some tickets price...
Old 9 May 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3902795)   #129
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heading to Zolder for the next Round, anybody able to recommend the best viewing spots ,grandstands etc and the best entry direction to go to the circuit, Iam staying in Sint Truiden.
Old 9 May 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3902802)   #130
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Heading to Zolder for the next Round, anybody able to recommend the best viewing spots ,grandstands etc and the best entry direction to go to the circuit, Iam staying in Sint Truiden.
If you can get there, one of the best viewing spots is from the top of the pitlane-building, ideally the back corner, as you can see a significant chunk of the track from there.

The viewing area at the chicane before the little up-hill section is also quite nice, as you can get quite close to the cars.

Getting there might be a bit of a mess; at least two months ago, there was some major road work going on in the area and they had rerouted road access to the circuit. Traffic on the way out might also be a problem, but there will be lots of race action even after the DTM races, so if you have time to do so, you can probably wait for the crowd to disperse, before heading home.
Old 15 May 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3903869)   #131
br21
Rookie

br21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going there tomorrow, will stay whole weekend as working on cars from support series. For sure the main pit building is the place to go, as you can see a lot from there, obviously not very close to the action. Then the first chicane and then I think back of the circuit, near the Paddock 6.
I was there week ago, so seems all road works finished already.
Old 19 May 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3904718)   #132
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was rather entertaining even(t) at Zolder. Some strategy and luck in the first race and overtaking maneuvers on Sunday.
Old 19 May 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3904721)   #133
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, I enjoyed both races. Now my Freeview channels have been retuned, I have got Freesports back. Certainly the SC and pitstop strategy helped in both. As did the Indy file restart

Great quali effort by Sheldon, just needs to work on his racecraft a bit
Old 20 May 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3904861)   #134
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rast seems to be one of the fastest - if not the fastest driver in the field but he definitely needs to find consistency.
I'm a bit disappointed with Wittmann. Pacewise he's up there with Rast but the results don't show it. His collision with Frijns looked rather awkward - and it's a shame for both as they could've be on the podium. I reckon Marco's pace was good enough to climb into Top 3.
Old 20 May 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3904865)   #135
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Rast seems to be one of the fastest - if not the fastest driver in the field but he definitely needs to find consistency.
I'm a bit disappointed with Wittmann. Pacewise he's up there with Rast but the results don't show it. His collision with Frijns looked rather awkward - and it's a shame for both as they could've be on the podium. I reckon Marco's pace was good enough to climb into Top 3.

As it was already issued in online-magazines, it was not Marcos fault, Frijns was handicaped by slowing engine...so maybe the stewards should have waited until end of race to hear both drivers before issuing a drive-through...

Looks like Wittmann is the only guy to match Rast in terms of speed, except of drivers with lucky strategy...
Old 20 May 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3904881)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Wittman did air his side of the story on the radio, but yeah maybe the stewards could have examined everything before making that decision, if Robin had that problem
Old 22 May 2019, 22:52 (Ref:3905296)   #137
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Decision-making will be less accountable for driving standards from now on.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3908233)   #138
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Terrible luck: https://www.touringcars.net/2019/06/...o-appendicitis
Old 6 Jun 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3908241)   #139
Yuri G.
Rookie

Yuri G. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one will replace Fittipaldi in the WRT car?
Old 6 Jun 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3908242)   #140
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri G. View Post
No one will replace Fittipaldi in the WRT car?
Andrea Dovizioso.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3908483)   #141
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I know someone who has DTM plans
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
My only connection in Germany is a friend I haven't met in years...
Breaking news: next month I'll meet my friend somewhere in Nürnberg
Old 7 Jun 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3908486)   #142
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All the best to Green. After his fair thoughts about electrification hype he's my favourite driver in DTM.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 22:44 (Ref:3908682)   #143
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
All the best to Green. After his fair thoughts about electrification hype he's my favourite driver in DTM.

Audi did not miss him today. They missed a strategist.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3908750)   #144
S griffin
Veteran

Wittman, what a recovery from him. Helped by the SC, but that just shows you can make your own luck
Old 9 Jun 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3908805)   #145
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Were fans not allowed into Misano this weekend? Stands were practically empty.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 22:32 (Ref:3908914)   #146
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post

Dovizioso's trick didn't work. It doesn't make sense for today's DTM to go to places where they have no supporters.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3909027)   #147
Yuri G.
Rookie

Yuri G. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Andrea Dovizioso.
Oops, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Only the stands A, B and C from Carro turn to the start/finish straight and the lawn inside the Quercia turn were open.

Audi and Ducati have used different channels to offer ticket for free.
The result was still disappointing, considering that last year with rain wind and weather the attendance was higher.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3909056)   #148
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To see empty grandstands was pretty shocking, I feel DTM won't return to Misano next year. But racing was great, I enjoyed both races and Wittmann's drive on Saturday was stunning. I feel for him when it comes to the second race, maybe Rast couldn't avoid the contact but still it leaves bad taste.
Rast, even though I like him, seems a bit of an ar*ehole, couldn't acknowledge the fact that Wittmann did a great job and blamed Safety Car for preventing him from claiming an 'easy win.'
Old 10 Jun 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3909078)   #149
S griffin
Veteran

Rast was lucky with that puncture, coming so close to the pits. Anyway good win for Muller
Old 22 Jun 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3913475)   #150
Matt K
Veteran

Motorsport Total hints that there is possibility of Nissan, Honda or Lexus teams in the DTM in 2020. Of course, it's unlikely to see Japanese factory teams but as WRT showed, customer teams can be quite successful.
As the whole Aston Martin effort is not fully factory-supported (although the Aston Martin boss was on races and hinted that in the future the manufacturer may commit to the series more), the right path for the DTM is to decrease manufacturer input. I mean, it's good to see big brands in the championship but the level of manufacturers commitment could be scaled back a little for the future to see factory-supported teams like Rosberg, Abt or RBM fighting with privateer efforts of teams with 'manufacturer blessing.' Something that was back in V8 Supercars days when you could observe close fights between Ford Performance Racing and Dick Johnson Racing, for instance.