Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Oct 2003, 11:43 (Ref:761803)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Bentley

I'm sure this will have been discussed before, but a quick search didn't reveal it - but what are Bentley testing for at the minute? I ask because they were setting up when I left Snetterton on Sunday evening, and no-one could think why!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:03 (Ref:761826)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Testing Audi parts?

Selling cars to privateers?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:42 (Ref:761871)   #3
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Preparing road-going version?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:52 (Ref:761882)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Or possibly running a diesel in a Bentley as a developement hack or maybe even going to drop the bentley engine into an Audi !!!

All food for thought
Old 24 Oct 2003, 13:07 (Ref:761894)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
or maybe even going to drop the bentley engine into an Audi !!!
Isn't that where it came from?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 13:12 (Ref:761899)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
preparing to run along the heathrow runway beside concorde?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 13:24 (Ref:761905)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Isn't that where it came from?
It sure did
Old 24 Oct 2003, 13:29 (Ref:761914)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
preparing to run along the heathrow runway beside concorde?
What would be the point? No one would be allowed to see it.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 15:53 (Ref:762028)   #9
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Bentley

Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
I'm sure this will have been discussed before, but a quick search didn't reveal it - but what are Bentley testing for at the minute? I ask because they were setting up when I left Snetterton on Sunday evening, and no-one could think why!
Maybe.... secretly... they are preparing for the '04 race!!!
... or maybe its like you guys have said above
Old 24 Oct 2003, 15:58 (Ref:762036)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly, I think not Pilgrimage......
Old 24 Oct 2003, 17:23 (Ref:762092)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Ayse I agree, but it would have been nice eh. Still it wont happen. But what is more likely is that the Bentley team are showing off the car's to potential buyers if u ask me. Perhaps we will see a Bentley or 2 at Le Mans next year - albeit in privateer hands and not factory but never the less they might still be there. And who knows, if this does happen and the cars are run by a good operation we might well see another Bentley win at LM 2004.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 17:54 (Ref:762105)   #12
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it happens, which i doubt, it could be a fantastic battle between privateer Audis and Bentleys!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 17:59 (Ref:762107)   #13
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm afraid Bentleys are rolling on a track only for a advertising movie...
Old 24 Oct 2003, 20:52 (Ref:762250)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I sort of heard something at the Bentley Drivers Club meeting at Silverstone in August - where they ran one of the cars. Anyway I heard one of the team talking to someone say we might see one running again next year. Possible sold to an American?

Well thats what I think I heard only heard half the conversation, which I was trying to ear wing into sorry I can't be anymore help
Old 24 Oct 2003, 20:58 (Ref:762252)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You tease.

Do you mean to imply an American who'd run it only in LM, or more, or does your statement mean nothing specific at all other than that he's American?

Last edited by paul-collins; 24 Oct 2003 at 20:58.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Oct 2003, 21:00 (Ref:762253)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I say I only heard half conversation so I not quite sure what the real story is......
Old 24 Oct 2003, 21:31 (Ref:762261)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The real story about the Snetterton run is far less interesting than the speculation I'm afraid - It was a 2001 car being run in for its new owner (not for racing sadly)
Old 24 Oct 2003, 22:06 (Ref:762291)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the Info Graham - shame the car isnt going to be run. What do u think the chances of the 2003 spec Bentley's racing next year in privateer hands are? Any chance of 1 racing, if not 2? Thanks.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 23:03 (Ref:762319)   #19
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
What do u think the chances of the 2003 spec Bentley's racing next year in privateer hands are? Any chance of 1 racing, if not 2?
Zero.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 23:53 (Ref:762350)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Ah well, never mind. Thanks for the quick response Cybers.
Old 26 Oct 2003, 13:40 (Ref:763606)   #21
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think the Bentleys will appear only in museums next year. I would think that the bigwigs at VAG have had it written into the contract of anyone who buys one that they can not be used for competition purposes.
Old 26 Oct 2003, 14:19 (Ref:763636)   #22
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
for the same reasons as the Concorde won't be flown by Branson,... the cost in parts, spares, and technical help won't be there for the car to be run privately, no matter how much we want it to happen.
Old 26 Oct 2003, 15:21 (Ref:763678)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Ah well, never mind. Thanks for the quick response Cybers.
Never mind ? I care ! But we can't do nothing about it, and Cy is right I'm afraid, and chances are zero...
Old 26 Oct 2003, 15:23 (Ref:763681)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
for the same reasons as the Concorde won't be flown by Branson,... the cost in parts, spares, and technical help won't be there for the car to be run privately, no matter how much we want it to happen.
I think its easier for customesr to rent the Dallaras, not as good as the Bentleys, but not so far behind the 2002 specs... obviously, I've nothing to say about the 2003 specs ones...
Old 26 Oct 2003, 16:01 (Ref:763713)   #25
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If someone knows if (and when) Bentley USA is going to tour the cars for promotional purposes in North America (exhibiting it in dealerships), please post a note in this forum.

Thanks,

Muzza