Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 May 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1306074)   #1
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finding the Les Hunaudieres 24 Hour Restaurant

Does anyone know of a map showing directions to the Hunaudieres Restaurant area, we're going to try get there during 1st qualifying this year. PS whats the view like from there? If anyone can recommend somewhere more special for viewing round that area maybe PM me.
Old 21 May 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1306320)   #2
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You are still able to get to the restaurant but they have blocked all viewing access. They have built a brick wall surrounding the compound, and in front of the Chinese Restaurant that is there they now have metal fencing up with covers on to stop you seeing out of the window!

This was done about 2-3 years ago. I dont have a map as I know it just by seeing the lanes and knowing where to go.

Best directions I can give you are:

If you are looking at the main circuit entrance in front of you, turn left, go under the bridge past the bar on the right, take the right after the bar through the business park, when you get to the end turn right. As you go down the road you will see the Mulsanne in front of you (blocked off) and they Police will send you left. Go left then take the immediate right down a very step hill. Follow this road for about 2 miles and you need to take a turning on the right - this is where it gets hazy. Normally a very small triangular sign pointing down a lane to a restaurant, but best of all is to follow the GB cars - they will all be going there!

Good Luck.
Old 22 May 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1307573)   #3
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm oh dear, sounds like i've got more chance of seeing america on a clear day than the cars from that point...i suppose it might be good just to go for the sounds!
Oh well, maybe back to plan b involving a torch and a good sense of direction to get a better view

Well cheers anyway
Old 10 May 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2198258)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not one to resurrect threads normally, but I just came across this one on a Google search for stuff about the Hunaudieres.... Although there is little or nothing that can be seen from the restaurant these days - unless you get very lucky (see below), there is still an atmosphere there that is very special. The sounds of the cars there are mesmerising - there is so little other noise, you can hear the cars coming from Tertre Rouge almost. On occasion I have managed to get quite close to the fencing through the fields (not a gendarme-friendly thing to do of course!) and the sensation of speed as the cars go by is staggering. For my money, it's worth just nipping out there for that alone.....

By the way, this is us, standing outside the neighbouring restaurant, the Shanghai des 24 Heures in 1994....... Not much chance of this now......

Mulsanne 1994
Old 10 May 2008, 14:38 (Ref:2198293)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of the best places I've watched at Le Mans is on the outside of Virage Du Pont during qualifying... the cars pass about 1 metre from you - but you have to be very very very lucky to get there
Old 13 May 2008, 10:27 (Ref:2200915)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Remind me Sam, Virage du Pont?
Old 13 May 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2200927)   #7
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Another name for (part of?) Porsche curves , specifically the bridge (with the track on it) near Beausejour. Presumably only accessable with the right pass.
Old 13 May 2008, 11:24 (Ref:2200986)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, that explains it - cheers