Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Sep 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2546230)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyfabe View Post
more appalling commentry on british eurosport (sunday race no Gareth Rees) its a shame Martin Haven cant be in 3 places at once
What was the guy's name again? I thought he was pretty reasonable actually, a definite improvement on the usual Haven subs!!
Old 22 Sep 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2546274)   #27
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
What was the guy's name again? I thought he was pretty reasonable actually, a definite improvement on the usual Haven subs!!

Tony Carter, the man who usually oversee's their British Superbike and World Superbike coverage (although not actual race commentary). Not sure who the driver with him was but I wish he had got hold of the concept that two people talking at once is just a noise. Still anythings better than Carlton Kirby who has been murdering Moto GP this weekend but now has either a) been sacked or b) been jailed for causing swine flu, depending on who you believe.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2546277)   #28
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
It is his mum; she doubles up as his manager.

Now I was of a mind that she was Vitalys bird a few months ago but was told she was his manager, but said at the time she looks old enough to be his Mum. Graphic example that CCCP chicks dont age well, all ending up looking like Leonid Brezhnev. And to add further insult to injury she could be all 3 for all we know!
Old 23 Sep 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2546621)   #29
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Now I was of a mind that she was Vitalys bird a few months ago but was told she was his manager, but said at the time she looks old enough to be his Mum. Graphic example that CCCP chicks dont age well, all ending up looking like Leonid Brezhnev. And to add further insult to injury she could be all 3 for all we know!
She is Vitaly s manager and nothing else...and she is good at her job...and she brings some passion and emotions to gp2, which does hurt nobody in the paddock, where everybody takes everything too seriously...end of story.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2546634)   #30
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
... And to add further insult to injury she could be all 3 for all we know!

She seems to attract a bit of airtime for some reason. It doesn't seem to matter what circuit or country we are in, there is bound to be a glimpse of her. Does GP2 use a permanent camera crew? I wonder if one of said crew has taken a shine to her. I always thought she was her mother.

As for the criticism (if I can call it that) of her seemingly mothering Vitaly, I think it is a tad harsh. A case of cultural relativism maybe; what may seem like an over-reaction to some is perfectly natural for others. In any case, she is his mother (apparently), she is bound to have all sorts emotions seeing someone pile into the back of her son's car or seeing her son’s championship hopes go up in engine smoke.

Anyway, this is all trivial.

Just how good did the cars look popping over the crest like that? They seemed to be riding very low. I thought they looked fabulous personally.

The Eurosport stand-in commentators were tolerable too I thought. Tony Carter at least looked like he either vaguely followed the series or he had bothered to learn the drivers names. He did well to identify the cars correctly most of the time. Not bad.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2546645)   #31
Keyfabe
Rookie

England
Leeds
Keyfabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasnt really the main commentator I was having a pop at he was okay and its difficult watching in a shoe cupboard on a small monitor that much we all know, it was the expert next to him who ummed and arred all the way through, his shaky voice is annoying too.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2547160)   #32
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Vitaly's mom" was commentating for Russian sports channel 7TV some years ago, I've listened to her F3ES commentating and she was knowledgable, from what I could understand from Russian and her commentating was also quite emotional. I've heard that she had been commentating F1 in Russia... Her name is Oksana Kosachenko.
She must be really quite good at her job considering that Vitaly has no karting experience and came to GP2 as a total outsider, and then learnt from Pantano and di Grassi.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2547371)   #33
Spudy
Racer

Spudy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post

She seems to attract a bit of airtime for some reason. It doesn't seem to matter what circuit or country we are in, there is bound to be a glimpse of her. Does GP2 use a permanent camera crew? I wonder if one of said crew has taken a shine to her. I always thought she was her mother.

As for the criticism (if I can call it that) of her seemingly mothering Vitaly, I think it is a tad harsh. A case of cultural relativism maybe; what may seem like an over-reaction to some is perfectly natural for others. In any case, she is his mother (apparently), she is bound to have all sorts emotions seeing someone pile into the back of her son's car or seeing her son’s championship hopes go up in engine smoke.

Anyway, this is all trivial.

Just how good did the cars look popping over the crest like that? They seemed to be riding very low. I thought they looked fabulous personally.

The Eurosport stand-in commentators were tolerable too I thought. Tony Carter at least looked like he either vaguely followed the series or he had bothered to learn the drivers names. He did well to identify the cars correctly most of the time. Not bad.

FOM handle all GP2 TV coverage just like F1 as the same comapny owns the rights.

Vitaly's Manager is featured on the TV so much she won an award at the end of season GP2 awards for most featured on the TV! lol

What the hell was she wearing on the grid for the feature race at Monza!! It appeared to be a flesh coloured night slip, which went see through when it rained! hahaha
Old 26 Sep 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2548749)   #34
cg7aa
Veteran

Let’s go back a few races to Monza and Razia's win.

I think it showed that if you stuck the majority of the current crop of drivers at the front of the starting grid, they would rise to the occasion somehow irrespective of previous form, stay upfront and win it; provided they didn’t fluff their start and the pit work was mistake-free. There will be faster cars and drivers behind but the chances are that they would (with the exception of a few circuits) really struggle to find a way past or should I say a clean way past. What does that tell us about the current cars and the drivers?

Discuss.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2550142)   #35
cg7aa
Veteran

Also, what happened to Rodolfo Gonzalez? Has his career well and truly stalled?
Old 29 Sep 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2550593)   #36
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gonzalez is racing in Euroseries 3000. I think he intends to do a full campaign of GP2 next year doesn't he? He did some Asia races with FMSI and a couple at the Nurburgring.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2550670)   #37
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Gonzalez is racing in Euroseries 3000. I think he intends to do a full campaign of GP2 next year doesn't he? He did some Asia races with FMSI and a couple at the Nurburgring.
Cheers.