Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Apr 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3233872)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MSVR - Silverstone 27/28th April

Got passes for this, but have seen that the F2 are no longer running! Does anyone know what is racing over this weekend? Nothing yet on the MSVR www
Old 14 Apr 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3233879)   #2
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F2 has been canned by the FIA from the end of last season.

The original detail I have is that it should be Lotus (prob x 2 types), Club F3, F4 Aerial Atom, Sports 2000, Caterham Grads - that was from some time ago though so potentially could have changed.

If you don't fancy Silverstone then MSVR are also at Donington the same weekend with Team Trophy, Track Day Trophy, Mono (prob x 2), GT Cup, VW Golf & VAGs (again old data)

So much choice!
Old 14 Apr 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3233938)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you. Croft looking promising too!
Old 14 Apr 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3234125)   #4
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
Got passes for this, but have seen that the F2 are no longer running! Does anyone know what is racing over this weekend? Nothing yet on the MSVR www
For everyones information, I have not received any tickets from Silverstone yet, so if you have volunteered through MSVR you will probably get the tickets at the end of the week.

I was not aware that Penny had sent any tickets out as she told me yesterday that she had not received them yet, so thanks for letting me know this Mark.

If anyone wants to volunteer for either Silverstone or Donington then please let me know and I will add you to the list.

Mark, if you are not going to Silverstone then can you please let me know, as it creates a lot of shuffling when I have done the allocations and marshals who have volunteered and not apologized do not turn up.

Hopefully I will see you at Silverstone.

Regards

Fay
Old 14 Apr 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3234153)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Hi Fay,
My passes and paperwork are from Penny @ Silverstone - but when I filled in the volunteering form for this, it did state F2.
Unfortunately, I don't seem to get a response from Silverstone to emails or texts & calls. Sent apologies via email and txt for the WEC this weekend, but not had "Read" receipt for it!
Old 14 Apr 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3234221)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
PS - Still plan on doing silverstone - just struggling for accommodation!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3234492)   #7
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
The original detail I have is that it should be Lotus (prob x 2 types), Club F3, F4 Aerial Atom, Sports 2000, Caterham Grads - that was from some time ago though so potentially could have changed.
Hiya Piglet. I think the Nippon/MR2's from Track Attack (ex Red Dragon) are running as well? 2x 15min races but with Nippons and MR2's mixed together. Not sure if it will be canned because of low entry? This is a rumour I keep hearing from that series.

Looking forward to Atoms. I have always thought they needed a series as they are awesome cars. I have been lucky enough to drive the 2l Supercharged one - handful but great fun, and somewhat bigger than they look! Look forward to seeing them and really looking forward to this meeting.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3234546)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
This IS racing and not drifting etc is it?
Old 15 Apr 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3234655)   #9
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
This IS racing and not drifting etc is it?
No, not drifting Mark, though I see how the name suggests that.

Track Attack Race Club is the "rebranded" Red Dragon Race Club that ran MR2 Mk1 Racing Series and Nippon Challenge. They have now branched out to include French Hatches and Vauxhall/Ford (running with Nippon) so had to change their name to reflect that. As they are a small club with only two grids, they tend to "buddy up" with other clubs, like MSVR, BRSCC, BARC to share track time at meetings.

It is the same club Nina raced with for two years before she moved to 750MC in 2011
Old 15 Apr 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3234785)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
Not sure if it will be canned because of low entry? This is a rumour I keep hearing from that series.
I did see an entry list that had 10 cars on it for these races.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3234822)   #11
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Main race of the weekend is the new BRDC F4 championship.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3234862)   #12
MIB
Rookie

United Kingdom
Towcester
MIB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it still on the GP circuit?
Old 15 Apr 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3234905)   #13
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB View Post
Is it still on the GP circuit?
Yes.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3236324)   #14
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
Hiya Piglet. I think the Nippon/MR2's from Track Attack (ex Red Dragon) are running as well? 2x 15min races but with Nippons and MR2's mixed together. Not sure if it will be canned because of low entry? This is a rumour I keep hearing from that series.
The timetable for the event shows that these races will take place, with the grids being boosted by Ma5da runners (following the cancellation of the 360MRC meeting at Snett).
Old 19 Apr 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3236689)   #15
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could always check http://www.msvracing.co.uk/cars/calendar.aspx for the MSVR Timetables, then you'd know what is meant to be running when

But don't care.
Old 19 Apr 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3236696)   #16
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
The timetable for the event shows that these races will take place, with the grids being boosted by Ma5da runners (following the cancellation of the 360MRC meeting at Snett).
Yeah, that's what the lads in the MR2's think, and I have also heard this from a friend who runs in the Ma5da. Seems a sensible idea
Old 19 Apr 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3236725)   #17
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
You could always check http://www.msvracing.co.uk/cars/calendar.aspx for the MSVR Timetables, then you'd know what is meant to be running when
There's always a smart arse - the discussion pre-dated the paperwork for this meeting being published
Old 19 Apr 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3236728)   #18
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
There's always a smart arse - the discussion pre-dated the paperwork for this meeting being published
Cheeky c*w - I resemble that remark - I have found that in general the web has the info before the paperwork appears - just need to look

But don't care.
Old 19 Apr 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3236729)   #19
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Timetable looks good with not too late a finish on Sunday. Anything that doesn't have "Radicals" on the bill is ok with me!
Hotel booked, so bring it on......as they say in Whittlebury
Old 19 Apr 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3236730)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
Cheeky c*w - I resemble that remark - I have found that in general the web has the info before the paperwork appears - just need to look
My original post was pre-MSVRACING website update, hence the thread!
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3238507)   #21
Sparky135
Rookie

England
Sparky135 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I volunteered for this event on 15th April via the BMMC website and other than the automated reply I have heard nothing as yet. I left it late to volunteer because I wasn't sure if I could make it or not till last week.

I haven't received any tickets yet. Being new to this I'm guessing the best advice is to phone Penny at Silverstone to see if my tickets have been sent? Is that the best course of action?

I'm planning on turning up on Friday afternoon/early evening and camping for the weekend.

For future reference is it best to apply to the circuit/chief marshal direct if volunteering at the last minute?

I'm still very much finding my way round, as you can see, so would appreciate any words of advice/comfort/ridicule.

Cheers.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3238546)   #22
matlockscot
Rookie

matlockscot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A quick plug for the 51 car Sports 2000 grid - hopefully I won't be visiting any of you up too closely over the weekend!
Old 23 Apr 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3238582)   #23
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky135 View Post
I volunteered for this event on 15th April via the BMMC website and other than the automated reply I have heard nothing as yet. I left it late to volunteer because I wasn't sure if I could make it or not till last week.

I haven't received any tickets yet. Being new to this I'm guessing the best advice is to phone Penny at Silverstone to see if my tickets have been sent? Is that the best course of action?

I'm planning on turning up on Friday afternoon/early evening and camping for the weekend.

For future reference is it best to apply to the circuit/chief marshal direct if volunteering at the last minute?

I'm still very much finding my way round, as you can see, so would appreciate any words of advice/comfort/ridicule.

Cheers.
If you let email/pm me your name and address then I will check if you are on the list.

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal - MSVR Silverstone/Donington
Old 25 Apr 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3239392)   #24
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list is now on the MSVR website, good entries apart from the Ariel Atoms, only 8 cars.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3239409)   #25
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Entry list is now on the MSVR website, good entries apart from the Ariel Atoms, only 8 cars.
Perhaps not overly surprising given the timing of the series and questionable need. Rest of the meeting looks good though.