Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3872831)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
COPENHAGEN HGP

To include non championship race or races for Formula Junior.
Old 27 Jul 2019, 05:33 (Ref:3919526)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Think it’s just me and MG David heading of to this one .
Old 27 Jul 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3919532)   #3
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Think it’s just me and MG David heading of to this one .
Me too!
Old 27 Jul 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3919538)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
the Lenham should be ready by Monday night, huge thanks to Iain for pulling a favour from the 'box rebuilder.
Very handy as we leave on Tuesday night !
Old 27 Jul 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3919735)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
the Lenham should be ready by Monday night, huge thanks to Iain for pulling a favour from the 'box rebuilder.
Very handy as we leave on Tuesday night !
Unusually early finish for you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3920860)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like delta has been hard at work on the cars as usual.... This Chevy was his 'Parade' wheels-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4255.JPG  
Old 2 Aug 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3920861)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And the Reception at the Town (City?) Hall. Was it raining, Iain?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4256.JPG   IMG_4257.JPG   IMG_4258.JPG  

Old 2 Aug 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3920863)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Different car this year . Elva 300 we built up a few years ago . All ok at moment P8 in practice .Qualy tomorrow morning then race in afternoon . Me and Lars are still working on his Cooper . Clutch problem . Will report in tomorrow
Old 2 Aug 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3920864)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We had to sit through 6 different speeches . But then we had pancakes . Thanks for posting pictures Mike .
Old 4 Aug 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3921194)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Drink

Main race today was red flagged . My mate JimBrockley had a nasty shunt and is now in hospital with back injury .Word from hospital is that he wants to come out but they are keeping him in for observation . I had nice race to P4 in this new car an Elva 300. Happy with that and first Drum Brake FJ. Peter Malket will post picture . Pack up and move on to Nurburgring now
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3921227)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Main race today was red flagged . My mate JimBrockley had a nasty shunt and is now in hospital with back injury .Word from hospital is that he wants to come out but they are keeping him in for observation . I had nice race to P4 in this new car an Elva 300. Happy with that and first Drum Brake FJ. Peter Mallet will post picture . Pack up and move on to Nurburgring now
Presume a hint as I didn't post the pic you sent yesterday!

Sorry to hear about the shunt. Hope Jim's back injury isn't too serious.

The pic from yesterday- MGDavid in his Lenham…
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4260.JPG  
Old 4 Aug 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3921349)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Depressed vertebrae . They are keeping him in overnight but aparantly this injury heels itself with rest .
Old 5 Aug 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3921456)   #13
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Had a difficult weekend (as usual) with my Cooper T59 in the Formula Junior race. As Iain said above, I was busy Friday night trying to get the clutch to declutch, and of course Iain, the nicest guy in the paddock, jumped in to help, in particular when it came to getting the gearbox back into the car. (I think he is 2 years my junior so his back should be better than mine…)

Anyhow, the Friday night fix did not fix it. Still no clutch so I had to sit out the qualification and start from dead last in race 1. Then the engine would not pull below 8000 rpm without a lot of feathering of the accelerator, but the remaining 1000 rpm up to my red-line was nice. Guess I only managed to pass two cars.

Changed the jetting for race 2 in the hope that it might be getting too much fuel, but it proved to be to no avail, so I got off the grid in last position, or so, again. Then with one lap to go, the silencer fell off and the car took off like a rocket. At the same time, Iain came up to lap me so I let him by but then, on the uphill straight to the bus stop chicane, I had to lift off in order not to run into him. I was content with just showing him that I had more power than he had in the Elva. Glad the silencer fell off, otherwise I would have still been puzzled. My last lap was a full 8 seconds quicker than my other laps...

By the way, Mike Gregory in the De Tomaso Isis made the mother of all jump starts in race 2. To me it looked as if he left when they started the sequence with the lamps, but he said he could not understand why everybody else was sitting there waiting…

I hope that the injuries to Jim's back are not too serious. He somehow tangled with Marty Bullock and then Went nose first into the concrete wall, but the car did not look heavily damaged.

Got home at 2.30 this morning after a 550 km drive north to Sweden from Copenhagen. Laundry and then pick up my other Junior and head for Nürburgring tomorrow.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3921489)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Main race today was red flagged . My mate JimBrockley had a nasty shunt and is now in hospital with back injury .Word from hospital is that he wants to come out but they are keeping him in for observation . I had nice race to P4 in this new car an Elva 300. Happy with that and first Drum Brake FJ. Peter Mallet will post picture . Pack up and move on to Nurburgring now
Ah, that's what you tried to send me. Unfortunately I couldn't open it. Sorry to hear about your mate.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3921495)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Cheating a bit, here. The Elva 300 in full flight, courtesy of Stumpphoto.....
Attached Thumbnails
B7ED41BE-7381-490D-B1F4-EE881E3377BA.jpg  
Old 5 Aug 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3921500)   #16
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Cheating a bit, here. The Elva 300 in full flight, courtesy of Stumpphoto.....
What a great pic.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3921506)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
What a great pic.
It certainly is- shame about the driver.....
Old 5 Aug 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3921584)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Presume a hint as I didn't post the pic you sent yesterday!

Sorry to hear about the shunt. Hope Jim's back injury isn't too serious.

The pic from yesterday- MGDavid in his Lenham…
thanks Mike, great weekend all round. Did the last 4 laps of heat one with no brakes and a leaking rear wheel cylinder, P21 out of 28. New pads, shoes and cylinder plus Iain's magic touch in bleeding them meant heat 2 was better, finished P14. Got a good start in the Final and finished P12, lots of american muscle up front so well happy in the end.
Seeing 3 GT40s, 3 Corvettes and a couple of Mustangs being thrown around a short, tight and narrow street circuit lined with concrete walls is a memorable sight not to be missed!
Hard on brakes though - several accidents caused by brake loss, including my pal Nik who organises the Sixty-Fivers grids, cracked a couple of ribs and his Midget is a write-off :-(
Hope FJ Jim is well enough to be allowed home to UK very soon.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 04:33 (Ref:3921607)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes ten tenths to the rescue . Jim allowed out yesterday afternoon and our very own Richard Bishop Miller is driving his motor home back to UK. Apparently Jim is not good at being a passenger .
Old 6 Aug 2019, 06:01 (Ref:3921617)   #20
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

[QUOTE=delta;3921607] Jim allowed out yesterday afternoon and our very own Richard Bishop Miller is driving his motor home back to UK.QUOTE]

Richard Bishop Miller and I have been fighting for the title of who is having the worst luck in FJ. After Copenhagen I have to accept defeat since I finished both races while Richard's oil pump seized during Friday's practice session. He then made a repair only to have the pump drive fail… Well, without bad luck we would not have any luck at all...
Old 6 Aug 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3921621)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>Did the last 4 laps of heat one with no brakes and a leaking rear wheel cylinder

Why? Why do we do this to ourselves? We call this sport "fun" but it's hard physical work only for the object of this work to let us down time and again every time we show it a race track.

Madness. Utter madness.

Wish I were doing it still

Old 17 Aug 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3923122)   #22
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Formula Junior Race 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1h4_jmd4HM
Old 17 Aug 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3923132)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
>>>>>Did the last 4 laps of heat one with no brakes and a leaking rear wheel cylinder

Why? Why do we do this to ourselves? We call this sport "fun" but it's hard physical work only for the object of this work to let us down time and again every time we show it a race track.

Madness. Utter madness.

Wish I were doing it still

Max I should get this last Delta finished this winter . You and Alex had better come and have a drive . Sorry it’s taken so long . It was nice to catch up with Alex at the Classic .
Old 17 Aug 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3923134)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

Sounds brilliant thank you.

Yes he had a great day thanks. First time I wasn't invited by him :-(

Old 18 Aug 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3923171)   #25
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Formula Junior race 2 ("Final"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWij8P6jpo8