Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 23 Apr 2002, 10:33 (Ref:268262)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Do you have a private message waiting for you?

Someone may have a secret crush on you or a rich long lost relative may have seen you here and wants to give you money. Either way, many members here would never know becuase they don't recieve Private Messages (PM's).

Other members and admin use this fantastic tool to contact each other, and if your not getting them, this can be a problem.

*voice from background*

"But Wrex, how do I know if I have a PM?"

I'm glad you asked.

You can look at the bottom of the main oage and it will tell you. A better way is to go into; My Forum,then edit options and set the following defaults.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices? yes

*Hide Email Address? Yes
Clicking yes hides your email address in your public profile, so that it is not accessible by other users.

*Use 'Email Notification' by default? your choice
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in

*Enable Private Messaging? YES
Allows people to send Private Messages to you

*Send you an email when you receive a Private Message? optional

*Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message? yes
This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message.

BTW, Glen and TeddyG, you have private messages.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 12:07 (Ref:268351)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very good call there, Wrex.

Cliff Wagstaff and Michael M - you have messages too!

I wonder if it would be a good idea to put the PM "lightbulb" closer to the top of the forum menu again?
Old 23 Apr 2002, 14:35 (Ref:268477)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have selected both to be emailed and get a pop up box when I receive a PM. That way I will always know as early as possible about the PM - you never know, it might be urgent.

I've been meaning to search through the old threads, but since this topic has been posted - am I correct in assuming that the limit on max. 70 PMs per user is still there, and that the limit goes for both your inbox and sent items combined? The reason I'm asking is that I've been deleting PMs thick and fast for the past few months to stay below 70... currently I have 67. Most of those PMs I would like to keep though, if possible. And is it also the fact that if someone tries to send you a PM, and you are on the limit of 70, you won't receive it?
Old 24 Apr 2002, 10:15 (Ref:269198)   #4
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Far out a private dance from a secret admirer! Show me where the booth is Wrex!

What's the message stuff got to do with it?
Old 25 Apr 2002, 07:31 (Ref:270057)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Umm, I'm still waiting for the secret admirer to get in touch.

Breathlessly yours...
Old 25 Apr 2002, 07:32 (Ref:270058)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Hang on,

If it is bloody Minardi Fan I'm resigning from the Forum.
Old 25 Apr 2002, 09:53 (Ref:270142)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I'm sorry Moff, when I turned the lights off and locked the door on this thread I did'nt know you were still in here
Old 25 Apr 2002, 11:09 (Ref:270221)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
I'm sorry Moff, when I turned the lights off and locked the door on this thread I did'nt know you were still in here
Moff works at his best alone and in the dark i've heard.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 25 Apr 2002, 18:09 (Ref:270598)   #9
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
... am I correct in assuming that the limit on max. 70 PMs per user is still there, and that the limit goes for both your inbox and sent items combined?
I'm guessing that it is - can someone confirm?

Quote:
Originally posted by R
And is it also the fact that if someone tries to send you a PM, and you are on the limit of 70, you won't receive it?
Yes. Infact, the message will not be sent in the first place. I know this for a fact because I've been trying to PM Number Juan but can't BECAUSE HIS MAILBOX IS FULL! (hint, hint)

Maybe I'll give up on trying to write to NJ and write to Moff instead - he seems to be desperate for a friend at the moment. Wait... on second thoughts, maybe I better just keep my mouth shut (or sit on my fingers, as the case may be).
Old 25 Apr 2002, 19:53 (Ref:270674)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Say - this thread really works! Someone just picked up a PM I sent more than a year ago.

(It's okay - I'm not naming names, just glad the information helped!)
Old 26 Apr 2002, 07:04 (Ref:270925)   #11
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I don't think the PM function should be optional. It's the only way to communicate directly with members (if they choose not to receive emails), and though admin probably have everyone's email address, enabling PMs should be mandatory.
Old 27 Apr 2002, 10:48 (Ref:271965)   #12
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ive got something like 90 PM's in my inbox, i will see if i can 'cut down' the amount in there...sorry EMFA

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 28 Apr 2002, 14:52 (Ref:272440)   #13
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
cut down everything, done everything asked what now??? :confused:

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead