Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 2020, 09:28 (Ref:4011940)   #2826
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got a text today from HM Passport saying " Passport Validity rules change from 1st Jan " , but they didn,t ask for money so that one might be a real one .
Old 22 Oct 2020, 09:46 (Ref:4011944)   #2827
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I often switch the phone to silent. Anyone I know who wants to reach me will use Messenger or What's App, anyone who is a business call will leave a VM and those that don't probably don't really want to speak to me in particular.

This is a hint - message rather than ring LOL.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I had a few years of most calls being 'I was just after a bit of advice' put my phone on silent about 3 years ago. best thing I ever did.

One thing that really annoys me is people ringing 6 times in a row, but not bothering to leave a message, clearly after something for nothing!
Old 22 Oct 2020, 10:38 (Ref:4011950)   #2828
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Own up, !!!!. I have had two cold calls this morning. Both trying to get me to release equity in my house. Grrrrrrr
Old 22 Oct 2020, 10:41 (Ref:4011951)   #2829
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had no calls whatsoever. #johnnynomates
Old 22 Oct 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4011981)   #2830
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Own up, !!!!. I have had two cold calls this morning. Both trying to get me to release equity in my house. Grrrrrrr
If you'd just said yes I'd be on my way to collect that Harrington Alpine by now
Old 22 Oct 2020, 19:34 (Ref:4012040)   #2831
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
I dont know, glad I'm retired and self isolating, just my cars,garden dogs to keep me occupied, no one keeps me informed when they are at Brands anymore.
I would come up and hold your hand Eric if I was going up However if I come home from Sunny Spain at this moment I have to stop in my house for 2 weeks
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Oct 2020, 06:07 (Ref:4012088)   #2832
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I come home from Sunny Spain at this moment I have to stop in my house for 2 weeks
Hard to make pee at your age, Gordon? If you need to talk…
Old 25 Oct 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4012706)   #2833
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
This could help safety wise: https://peterauto.peter.fr/fr/coyote...by-peter-auto/
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:57 (Ref:4013006)   #2834
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was googling “self isolating farths” and got here : wow a back to the future feeling
Old 25 Oct 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4013022)   #2835
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wow there is a name from the past . A good name .👍
Old 25 Oct 2020, 22:40 (Ref:4013032)   #2836
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Wow there is a name from the past . A good name .

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 25 Oct 2020, 22:47 (Ref:4013034)   #2837
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We are under a 11pm to 6am curfew from tonight in Spain until next May !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Oct 2020, 00:54 (Ref:4013052)   #2838
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Until May? At 11pm the Spanish are just thinking of ordering starters, aren't they? Its going to be a huge cultural change......
Old 26 Oct 2020, 08:32 (Ref:4013122)   #2839
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We are under a 11pm to 6am curfew from tonight in Spain until next May !
Ouch, keep safe bloke. There was a tv show about apartments in your town last week. Got me pondering.........
Old 26 Oct 2020, 10:48 (Ref:4013147)   #2840
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Until May? At 11pm the Spanish are just thinking of ordering starters, aren't they? Its going to be a huge cultural change......
Absolutely mate, you know as well as me that 10pm is the time that Spaniards tend to come out to eat! When we were in our "yoof" down here we would go out about 9pm and do as many bars as we could and "stagger" home at about 6am and go to bed until 2pm then hit the beach :laugh
Old 26 Oct 2020, 10:58 (Ref:4013150)   #2841
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be its time to stay safe where you're standing. In France we had 52 thousands new cases during the last 24 hours, killing 116 people. Dont mess with this thing imo, night or day.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 11:10 (Ref:4013156)   #2842
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ouch, keep safe bloke. There was a tv show about apartments in your town last week. Got me pondering.........
There are quite a few made here as the Garners have a "property shop" (I won't call it an estate agency) just down the road. Most of the programs are shot in the winter months as the summer is much too crowded and would probably put people off as overweight bodies and screaming kids don't make for a good backdrop
Lots of friends have asked us about buying a holiday or permanent home down in our area and I will always give them the same advice to rent first and try it in different seasons as it is completely different place.
What seems to be happening at the moment is the property side of things is buoyant as several people from the big cities are buying up places to escape from places like Madrid for some respite.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 12:11 (Ref:4013173)   #2843
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Click image for larger version

Name:	LC.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	64862 Looking out the back from my balcony just now, it hasn't altered in the last 20 years but it could depending on how many people decide to buy here
Old 26 Oct 2020, 13:47 (Ref:4013198)   #2844
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be its time to stay safe where you're standing. In France we had 52 thousands new cases during the last 24 hours, killing 116 people. Dont mess with this thing imo, night or day.

The worrying thing of course is that the 116 deaths is related mainly to the number of new cases up to say two weeks ago....there is always a time lag between new cases and hospital admissions, and then in a thankfully small proportion of cases, deaths. On the positive side, in UK at least, many of the positive cases are in people who are asymptomatic - in a pub run by my race partner's ex and their son, seven members of staff have tested positive, including his ex and the chef, who are both in their 70s, and none of them have symptoms.......
Old 26 Oct 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4013235)   #2845
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
The worrying thing of course is that the 116 deaths is related mainly to the number of new cases up to say two weeks ago....there is always a time lag between new cases and hospital admissions, and then in a thankfully small proportion of cases, deaths. On the positive side, in UK at least, many of the positive cases are in people who are asymptomatic - in a pub run by my race partner's ex and their son, seven members of staff have tested positive, including his ex and the chef, who are both in their 70s, and none of them have symptoms.......

On the other hand the UK total deaths for all causes is running right on average for the time of year compared to the last 5 years.

Whether that will continue into next year once the untreated non-covid illnesses are being counted up we will just have to wait and see.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 06:40 (Ref:4013329)   #2846
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know if people realize just how cheap we can get things on eBay in the UK compared with abroad. I want a rear silencer for my old Peugeot 206 in Spain that I have bodged up with fire cement, I can get one for £23 inc delivery in the UK and the cheapest that I can find in Spain is about twice the price plus €26 delivery.
So in real terms that's about 3 times the price ! Hmm I wonder if I can get one in the overhead locker on the next flight ?
Same in Germany Gordon.I have to say that I'm very impressed with the service I get from Merlin Motorsport though.Bit of a pain here getting some parts from the UK,some of those ordered in the past have taken two to three weeks,always accompanied by lame excuse.Merlin take three days!
Old 27 Oct 2020, 10:19 (Ref:4013344)   #2847
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Same in Germany Gordon.I have to say that I'm very impressed with the service I get from Merlin Motorsport though.Bit of a pain here getting some parts from the UK,some of those ordered in the past have taken two to three weeks,always accompanied by lame excuse.Merlin take three days!
I'll direct my friends at Merlin to this thread Terry! They'll be well chuffed with an unsolicited testimonial. I worked for Steve at his kart track 20 years back and they always prided themselves on quick service then.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 17:10 (Ref:4013398)   #2848
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We have Raceparts just up the road from us but I do sometimes use Merlin and they have always been very helpful. Think I raced against Steve in Modsports but that was a long time ago.
I do remember you running the skid pan Max.Happy days.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 18:26 (Ref:4013407)   #2849
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ordering from abroad is sometimes a hassle down here. No issue with Burton and Cambridge Motorsports, the first for Ford parts the second to refurbish the brake shoes with good stuff.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 05:38 (Ref:4013475)   #2850
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ordering from abroad is sometimes a hassle down here. No issue with Burton and Cambridge Motorsports, the first for Ford parts the second to refurbish the brake shoes with good stuff.
Of course CMS are good Gérard,I worked with them for 12 years.lol.
Had minor problems with Burton in the past,still ok but for shear delivery speed,no company has matched Merlin.