Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 16 May 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3248587)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dick Trickle

Heard today that Dick Trickle, a NASCAR veteran, passed away today at the age of 71. Dick was decidedly 'old school'. He was and may still be the world record holder for wins on asphalt ovals most of which were in his home state of Wisconsin. I'm mobile and can't remember exactly but I believe it is over 1000. RIP Dick you will be missed.
Old 16 May 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3248595)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RIP Dick Trickle. What a shame for him to go out like that.

One of the true characters and the greatest name the sport has ever seen.
Old 16 May 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3248600)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Heard today that Dick Trickle, a NASCAR veteran, passed away today at the age of 71. Dick was decidedly 'old school'. He was and may still be the world record holder for wins on asphalt ovals most of which were in his home state of Wisconsin. I'm mobile and can't remember exactly but I believe it is over 1000. RIP Dick you will be missed.

According to his Wikipedia page, it is an "estimated" 1,200. Dude won 57 races in 1973; that's getting it done, I don't care what series you're in.
Old 16 May 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3248602)   #4
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
According to his Wikipedia page, it is an "estimated" 1,200. Dude won 57 races in 1973; that's getting it done, I don't care what series you're in.
Christ, I can't think of anyone in any discipline let alone stock racing to get that many wins.

Terrible news to hear, hope for all the best for the family.
Old 17 May 2013, 02:06 (Ref:3248663)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Terrible news. A man of accomplishment.
Old 17 May 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3248706)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty sad as he was one of the more interesting characters out there.

He was a heavy smoker so it would not surprise me that there were health issues involved and he just decided that was it. I think it is hard also when you've raced all your adult life well into your older years and you no longer can do so.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3284175)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An interesting article about Dick was posted today:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...nascar-profile
Old 2 Aug 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3284861)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
An interesting article about Dick was posted today:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...nascar-profile
Thank you for posting this link to an exceptional eulogy JHamilton!

My condolences to his friends and family, he will be sadly missed.

So many lessons for the people in modern racing if they care to learn them!
Old 19 May 2023, 17:51 (Ref:4156862)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just saw this was 10 years (and 3 days now) ago. Crazy how time flies.