Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 2023, 08:49 (Ref:4171149)   #1001
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Or the crap you can buy in a bag here?
This. "Well, you know, you can live on it, but it tastes like s**t". Croc Dundee.

Last edited by Gerard C; 3 Aug 2023 at 08:59. Reason: Dee.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:34 (Ref:4171158)   #1002
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
This. "Well, you know, you can live on it, but it tastes like s**t". Croc Dundee.
That was a great film, but I've only seen it once. Wouldn't mind seeing it again
Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:40 (Ref:4171161)   #1003
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Tyrell’s Crisp I guess
Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:42 (Ref:4171162)   #1004
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyway just on ferry from Germany to Denmark . 20 euro buffet . Eat as much as you can then Apple Strudle . Very happy days
Old 3 Aug 2023, 10:01 (Ref:4171166)   #1005
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyway just on ferry from Germany to Denmark . 20 euro buffet . Eat as much as you can then Apple Strudle . Very happy days
That's why you are not a pro driver, Delta! Should be a couple of mouthfuls of pasta & some mineral water.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4171168)   #1006
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's why you are not a pro driver, Delta! Should be a couple of mouthfuls of pasta & some mineral water.

Hold on, there! Iain's already as thin as a rake without all that nonsense!
Old 3 Aug 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4171169)   #1007
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
75 kilos . I would get down to 72 for the 6 hour driving with Mike . Trouble with that he would then go from 68 to 65 kilos . He would then frown on me having more than one beer . Blooming stick insect . MG David much more relaxed . ?
Old 3 Aug 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4171190)   #1008
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Hold on, there! Iain's already as thin as a rake without all that nonsense!
Don't worry, Mike, my comment was entirely tongue in cheek & I'm sure Delta realised that.

I was quite enjoying his tour of European culinary delights.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4171194)   #1009
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I was quite enjoying his tour of European culinary delights.
Me too. From croissants to apfelstrudel. Or is it Apple Roundel? Anyway delta, you'll find very good food and really charming people in Denmark.

Last edited by Gerard C; 3 Aug 2023 at 13:06.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 13:11 (Ref:4171198)   #1010
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Delta, don't forget to try a currywurst & chips, washed down with a large beer, in Germany on your way home. Then round it off with fish & chips on the boat!
Old 3 Aug 2023, 13:15 (Ref:4171200)   #1011
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Whatzat, please? A welsh rarebit sounds better.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4171203)   #1012
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Whatzat, please? A welsh rarebit sounds better.
What's what?
Old 3 Aug 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4171205)   #1013
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Your curry thing, John.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4171206)   #1014
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Your curry thing, John.
Never tried it? A large bratwurst (large German sausage) swathed in a curry sauce & chips, all washed down with a large stein of beer. Wonderful! Better than anything you will ever find in France!
Old 3 Aug 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4171214)   #1015
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If you say so, I believe you, John, knowing that you have a refined taste.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 16:24 (Ref:4171216)   #1016
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
So after driving around the track we finally got in and set up . MG David is here somewhere . Pasta for us tonight then walk the track . Happy days .
Old 3 Aug 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4171218)   #1017
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Since 1843: https://www.tivoli.dk/en
Since 1866: https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/cope...club-gdk499221
Old 3 Aug 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4171220)   #1018
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Before Måx asking about København and Bellahøj Park:https://www.facebook.com/CopenhagenH...GrandPrix2023/
Old 4 Aug 2023, 10:23 (Ref:4171294)   #1019
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im right now sitting in the departure lounge at Melbourne Airport waiting for my flight to Spain to be called.... should get to my Mums in Calpe by Saturday night ready to party and celebrate her 90th Birthday on Sunday. Then 5 weeks of being a beach bum and bar frequenter. Gets me away from the Melbourne winter as well.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 10:56 (Ref:4171299)   #1020
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im right now sitting in the departure lounge at Melbourne Airport waiting for my flight to Spain to be called.... should get to my Mums in Calpe by Saturday night ready to party and celebrate her 90th Birthday on Sunday. Then 5 weeks of being a beach bum and bar frequenter. Gets me away from the Melbourne winter as well.
WoW! I hope your Mum has a great birthday and you enjoy your five weeks!
Old 4 Aug 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4171300)   #1021
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Viv. Her view on it is "its only another birthday, when you have had as many as I have.....", to which I say at her age they are all pretty special!

Now on the plane waiting for someone to say "Spin the prop Ginger" and get this show on the road!
Old 4 Aug 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4171303)   #1022
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Thanks Viv. Her view on it is "its only another birthday, when you have had as many as I have.....", to which I say at her age they are all pretty special!

Now on the plane waiting for someone to say "Spin the prop Ginger" and get this show on the road!
Oh no, Harry's flying you??

Have a good trip.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4171312)   #1023
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Great stuff Chris . Please wish Mum happy birthday ?
Old 4 Aug 2023, 12:40 (Ref:4171313)   #1024
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Its a pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels looking like a big Tylenol? No worry then, flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes! Enjoy your stay, Dave… or is it Roger surely?
Old 4 Aug 2023, 12:51 (Ref:4171315)   #1025
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hope that plane has everything you need for a relaxing flight and the staff are doing their job. Let us know how it goes and enjoy your holiday