Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Oct 2022, 05:13 (Ref:4129117)   #101
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I can only imagine what work has been done to the car that cannot be seen by just looking at it.
Are you sure its not a copy of the original car? As to check the body, we're talking about GW not Nascar. How do you imagine you could check all the suspension mounting points location? And the subframes?

Engine power, ride height, bonnet shape apart, ask any E Type driver bout the brakes…

Just to say because I enjoyed the show and really dont care about the compliancy of cars. 'f course any E Type cant match a Cobra, this is obvious and has always been the case. Its just a show. And I like it.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4130192)   #102
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's probably got an HTP but may have been modified since it was issued. If the bodywork doesn't match the profile of the original build then it is unlikely to comply. Up to period D, cars must have 100mm clearance, 60mm for period E onwards. Any suspension component must be as per the original and located in the original position. I'm not suggesting it is non compliant, but from comments here it does appear to be different from the original.
Nope it does not have papers, it's 100mm in Period E and F unless you run a Single Seater or Two-Seater Racing Car.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 08:17 (Ref:4130193)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
Nope it does not have papers, it's 100mm in Period E and F unless you run a Single Seater or Two-Seater Racing Car.
Yes, I stand corrected thank you. I was reading the regs from my phone so missed the distinction between type of car.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 08:25 (Ref:4130197)   #104
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
Interested to know specifically why the Jag would not pass scrutiny elsewhere. I can see that it's running lower to the ground than an original Lightweight and some people have already commented that the bodywork has been smoothed off (in the Red Bull wind tunnel) but on the other hand it is a genuine Lightweight (ex-Phil Scragg etc). At Silverstone Classic, for instance, there are a number of 'new' cars running in the same category such as the Daytona Cobra which don't run at Goodwood. So which events are more strict? The Members Meeting seems to me to be more relaxed in this respect than the Revival. Genuine questions....
All events are relaxed, it's not about compliance, it's about getting cars and entries for promoters. How many cars are changed once papers are issued? That's the problem and the fact that no one has actually ever opened the rulebook. How many times do I get asked the "is this legal?" when it is since forever and the other way around too.