Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3980179)   #1601
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I forgot how they said they were definitely going to have 19 races.

They are still aiming for as many races as possible. As time goes on the situation becomes clearer. I hope they will continue to do so.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3980182)   #1602
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

They are still aiming for as many races as possible. As time goes on the situation becomes clearer. I hope they will continue to do so.
To be fair they were his own words...

Following crisis talks to save the F1 season, in which two-day race weekends were suggested, Brawn also laid out if the campaign can begin in July then the new calendar would put together “three races on, one weekend off” which would provide logistically capabilities and enough time to put on a 19-race season – effectively the whole calendar minus the Australian GP and Monaco GP which have already been cancelled plus one other race.

“If we were able to start at the beginning of July we could do a 19-race season. [It would be] tough - three races on, one weekend off, three races on, one weekend off,” Brawn said.

“We have looked at all the logistics, and we think we can hold an 18-19 race season if we can get started at the beginning of July. The choice is between those two numbers.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3980184)   #1603
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I completely agree it is pragmatic and by doubling up at Austria and Silverstone they will get in 8 races by September and could then declare a WDC and WCC if they can't travel any further.

Personally I think less bullish is good and my concern before was when FOM was declaring as an ambition a calendar that was completely out of their control to implement, so reeling in expectation and showing more caution/realism is a good thing.

IMO there are still plenty of event organisers selling tickets for events they 'know' will be cancelled , both locally to me and still around the UK, but that is another story!
Old 4 Jun 2020, 16:06 (Ref:3980186)   #1604
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In that same interview he also talks about the minimum number of races required To be a championship
“Eight races is the minimum we can have a world championship, [according to] the FIA Statutes. We could achieve eight races by starting in October. So if you wanted a drop-dead point it would be October.
Surely that indicates that they aren’t dogmatic about 19 races! The reference to 18-19 seems to be that is possible from a logistic point of view.

If they hadn’t aimed high and just given up then we might not even be looking at 8 European races now. It is also organised in a way that allows for the potential of races post this calendar if possible.

It could all go pear shaped, but they have put themselves in the best position they could be. And that is what shareholders care about.

Last edited by Adam43; 4 Jun 2020 at 16:12.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 23:37 (Ref:3980243)   #1605
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I expect the answer is "will not be an issue", but given the public financial troubles for Williams and now McLaren. Will there be issues financing mid-season race operations? In short, will they be able to afford to travel to the races, pay staff, etc.

With eight races being the minimum for the championship, would it actually be cheaper for teams to run a schedule much closer to eight than a larger schedule?

Richard
Old 4 Jun 2020, 23:41 (Ref:3980246)   #1606
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It would be cheaper for them, but I assume the income will be lower too.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 14:04 (Ref:3980332)   #1607
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to this, the F1 the calendar won't be finalised until the end of June and they are looking at 15 to 18 races, with the season concluding in December.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...endar/4800550/
Old 5 Jun 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3980348)   #1608
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least leaving it till the end of June gives us one more thing to look forward to.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3980361)   #1609
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I love a good calendar announcement. A real highlight for me. This year has been great so far for that.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3980368)   #1610
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are calendars the highlight of the, erm... calendar?
Old 5 Jun 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3980371)   #1611
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They are now!
Old 6 Jun 2020, 03:15 (Ref:3980414)   #1612
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Open it all up guys, nothing to worry about anymore...

"Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don't shut down protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rnd/index.html

A month ago, when it was protesting against the lockdowns...

"The Raleigh Police Department says "protesting is a non-essential activity" during this pandemic."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wra...%3fversion=amp

My governor:

"Gov. Whitmer marches in unity walk Thursday ahead of night 7 of protests"

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/gov...-7-of-protests

Just a few weeks ago....

"Whitmer pushed back Wednesday against protests at the Michigan Capitol, saying the events make it "much more precarious" for the state to reopen more of its economy."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.det...amp/5181975002

Wouldn't you know she held a press conference today, announcing opening more things up?.... Of course, not everything yet, but she says we are allowed to get a haircut again, so I guess I should thank my dear leader? Kind of hard to justify lockdowns when you support or participate in protests?

Guess it depends on the reason for the protests as to whether it is dangerous in the middle of a pandemic.

Rest assured, though, no racing allowed, as the detroit gp already cancelled.
Old 6 Jun 2020, 07:10 (Ref:3980430)   #1613
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You had all those demonstrations and I must admit I got carried away with the UK hysteria - "Covidiots." Have you had a spike of infection again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jun 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3980466)   #1614
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Guess it depends on the reason for the protests as to whether it is dangerous in the middle of a pandemic.
Who is saying that? Is anyone saying any type of protesters are immune? Or are you actually saying you agree with one type of protest and not the other?

Richard
Old 6 Jun 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3980510)   #1615
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Anyone see the R map of the UK today by region, it looks as if the R rate is largely rising again and has also risen in London to from 0.5 in April to 0.95 in June. In the SW it is now 1.0 and in the NW 1.1.
Old 6 Jun 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3980521)   #1616
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Anyone see the R map of the UK today by region, it looks as if the R rate is largely rising again and has also risen in London to from 0.5 in April to 0.95 in June. In the SW it is now 1.0 and in the NW 1.1.
It's only the beginning of June but still that means the R rate went up during the lockdown.
Old 6 Jun 2020, 18:09 (Ref:3980536)   #1617
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A good summary on the beeb.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52944037

Listen to Dr Funk.
Old 6 Jun 2020, 21:00 (Ref:3980549)   #1618
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
"Are we nearly there yet?"....
Old 7 Jun 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3980743)   #1619
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'm liking the Indycars idea of practice & race on the same day.
Old 7 Jun 2020, 21:07 (Ref:3980744)   #1620
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I'm liking the Indycars idea of practice & race on the same day.
They did practice, qualifying and the race all on the same day.
Old 7 Jun 2020, 21:14 (Ref:3980745)   #1621
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They did practice, qualifying and the race all on the same day.
Apart from Takuma Sato
Old 7 Jun 2020, 21:17 (Ref:3980746)   #1622
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Apart from Takuma Sato
He did practice and a bit of qualifying, before his customary crash, so a little harsh.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3980844)   #1623
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
A race track in North Carolina held a race with 2000 spectators. Called it a protest to make it legal ;p

Holy crap, I thought it was a joke when I first heard it. This is our answer guys! Do it f1, IndyCar, baseball, everything! Looooollll.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc11.c...olina/6237137/

Last edited by RWill2073; 8 Jun 2020 at 16:27.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3980854)   #1624
Richard C
Veteran

Interesting article about Mercedes practicing social distancing protocols and how to make that work within F1. It's good to see the teams fine tuning the details to make this work.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...ncing/4803055/

Richard
Old 8 Jun 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3980856)   #1625
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
A race track in North Carolina held a race with 2000 spectators. Called it a protest to make it legal ;p

Holy crap, I thought it was a joke when I first heard it. This is our answer guys! Do it f1, IndyCar, baseball, everything! Looooollll.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc11.c...olina/6237137/
i dont know all the details and the link doesnt provide too many details (maybe they were genuine in their desire to protest) but personally and without knowing all the facts, exploiting this situation and diminishing the very real issues people are standing up for makes me upset.

my own personal opinion is that any sport/venue i currently follow and support doing likewise would result in losing me as a customer forever.

maybe others feel the way i do, maybe they dont..to each their own of course.