Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 Mar 2021, 15:23 (Ref:4043738)   #76
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Anyway all the highlights are on TV4 this evening for those that couldn't watch live or have never had an interest. Although the MotoGP bikes are ridiculously fast the Moto3 maniacs will keep you on edge ! and can we get an English Moto2 champion this year ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Mar 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4043741)   #77
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Mir actually could have beaten them if he hadn't sodded himself up by going wide on that last corner, consequently losing exit speed for the finish.
Of course us armchair MotoGP riders know better that them !
I think you nailed it there, the start of the race was a Ducati avalanche, Vinales rode really well and as for poor John Mac! Sam rode a confident race to get the win but as always the Moto 3 boys have it for me, talk about frenetic! With a bit of luck the club racing at Brands kicks off on 17th/18th April and whilst I love the more prestigious competitions, club racing is my bag in any motorsport discipline.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4043768)   #78
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Of course us armchair MotoGP riders know better that them !
And Zarco prepared his attack before the entry of the last corner. As you and me, for instance, would bravely have! Re the max speed, circa 360 kmh, I very much doubt the claimed power to be 290 hp. Even with the new aero developments, you need more than that to achieve such a speed with a hatbox IMO.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 09:40 (Ref:4043881)   #79
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Enjoyed the highlights last night. Nice to see ITV4 giving a bit extra coverage to Moto2 and Moto3. Great win by Maverick, hopefully this is a sign that he was back on form. And what a race for second at the end between Mir and the two Ducatis
Old 3 Apr 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4044506)   #80
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qatar take 2 this weekend complete with occasional sandstorms to add to the mix. Alex Lowes comfortably on pole in Moto2 and John Macphee handily grid placed to hopefully avoid being taken out alongside his team mate Binder in Moto3. The top class seems even more of a lottery than usual with the Pramac bikes on top and Martin beating his team mate Zarco to pole. Quite frankly almost anyone can win tomorrow providing they look after their tyres and avoid sliding off on the loose sand!
Old 4 Apr 2021, 11:16 (Ref:4044580)   #81
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
big chance for Zarco imho

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Apr 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4044583)   #82
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Call me sentimentalist but how about Espargaro on the Aprilia for Gresini? Now that would be a result!
Old 4 Apr 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4044610)   #83
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well what a turn up for the books ! with Sam Lowes being the only one to win who we expected in Moto2, with a winner in Moto3 starting from the pit lane, and it looked like a Ducati lock out for the podium in the top class but no one told that to Quartararo !
Poor old John McPhee ! I don't blame him for having a go at the transgressor, it proves what I mentioned the other day that "you can't win it on the first lap but you can certainly lose it"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Apr 2021, 22:59 (Ref:4044616)   #84
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race made MotoGP history with the closest ever top 15 (covered by 8.928s).
Certainly would not have picked a French 1-2 pre race in the top class, and Zarco now leads the championship. Jorge Martin impressed me.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4044660)   #85
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Great racing in all the classes. Sam Lowes rode a very smooth, controlled race to get that 2nd win and I honestly thought that John Macphee would at least be on the podium til that coming together(again) with Alcoba. To add insult to injury he's now has a pit lane start penalty for the handbag affair and a 10 second delay for the next round at Portimao. The top class is really developing into a great battle and now we have the potential of Doviziosa joining Aprilia as well.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4044661)   #86
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can’t wait to see the highlights. Lowes is really doing well, as is McPhee. Just hope McPhee keeps out of trouble in future.

Already we are looking at a great title fight in the top class, betwen Zarco, Vinales and Quartararo. Zarco will surely get that long overdue win this season. However I wouldn’t bet on Dovi coming back
Old 5 Apr 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4044666)   #87
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Can’t wait to see the highlights. Lowes is really doing well, as is McPhee. Just hope McPhee keeps out of trouble in future.

I don't blame McPhee for the handbag incident, I would think that most pumped up fit riders would do the same ? However we did see a winner from the pit lane yesterday so go for it John
Old 5 Apr 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4044668)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

I guess it depends how violent he was. A bit of pushing and shoving happens all the time, it’s in people’s nature when they are high on adrenaline as you say. Anything like punches and kicks are too much though, but that rarely happens. But hopefully McPhee will get a result soon
Old 5 Apr 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4044687)   #89
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McPhee had every reason to be upset. Also, you shouldn't kick people.

In any case, that was some race in Moto3! Whoever wants to sign up Acosta long-term should do so fast.

And for all the Miller hype he's 2x 9th and gets into a tiff while all other current Duc's have been on the podium? I don't want to be too down on him but that's not how you build a championship challenge.
Old 6 Apr 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4044815)   #90
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post

And for all the Miller hype he's 2x 9th and gets into a tiff while all other current Duc's have been on the podium? I don't want to be too down on him but that's not how you build a championship challenge.
He has been suffering 'arm pump' and is AFAIK undergoing surgery imminently to deal with it. Apparently he was unable to feel the brake lever in the latter part of the last race.

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/04/06...m-pump-surgery
Old 7 Apr 2021, 05:25 (Ref:4044892)   #91
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
He has been suffering 'arm pump' and is AFAIK undergoing surgery imminently to deal with it. Apparently he was unable to feel the brake lever in the latter part of the last race.

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/04/06...m-pump-surgery
Quote:
Ducati has confirmed Miller had surgery in Barcelona at the Dexeus University Hospital on Tuesday (local time).

The surgery to remedy the arm pump problem on his right forearm was carried out by MotoGP surgeon Dr Xavier Mir and his team.

Miller will remain in hospital for 24 hours post-surgery before beginning rehabilitation ahead of next weekend’s third MotoGP round at the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal.

“It was a short operation, and it went very well,” said Miller.

“I can’t wait to start the rehabilitation. There are still ten days left before the next grand prix at Portimao.

“If my recovery proceeds normally, I’ll be able to be back on track in Portugal, even if not completely at my 100 percent fitness.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/04/07...l-arm-surgery/
Old 7 Apr 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4044932)   #92
S griffin
Veteran

After two races it's already looking close. Vinales is really looking like a title could come his way after so many years not getting close. He should at least be in the fight. But don't rule out Zarco, he's already looking a threat and I would be surprised if he doesn't finally get that first win he deserves. Quatararo has got a tough job on his hands against those two. I am already looking forward to Portugal, that should be a great event
Old 13 Apr 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4045835)   #93
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The Portuguese MotoGP
All eyes will be on Marquez from FP1, and having not raced on the Algarve last year, there will likely be thousands of words given to balancing and taking it easy vs track familiarisation vs getting back on a MotoGP bike after so long vs expecting the eight-time Champion to put in a lap record in five seconds. Some will expect the answers within five minutes and others within five Grands Prix, but the questions themselves are the bigger draw. How long will it take to see the number 93 on full power? Will it be no time at all? Did everyone raise the bar, or is Marquez returning to do just that?
One thing is for sure I shall be watching
Old 13 Apr 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4045840)   #94
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, it’s gonna very interesting seeing Marquez back. Of course we should give it a few races before judging him. We’ll see if he can reaffirm his superiority or if he is now on a par with the other top riders
Old 13 Apr 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4045853)   #95
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, it’s gonna very interesting seeing Marquez back. Of course we should give it a few races before judging him. We’ll see if he can reaffirm his superiority or if he is now on a par with the other top riders
Knowing what he is like, personally I think he will do what he has always done ! However he has obviously been sitting on the sidelines thinking about what has happened to him but I'm sure his ego will overtake everything directly the flag drops
I know that Sam Lowes in Moto2 got a fair bit of practice at the Portuguese track a little while back, so after his fantastic start to the season with 2 wins he will be well pumped up for this.
Unfortunately John McPhee will have to start from the pit lane after the "handbags" session , however that means he "should" keep out of trouble on the first lap, also the last Moto3 race was won from the pit lane so that (as always) is going to be an "edge of the sofa job" for me
Old 13 Apr 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4045882)   #96
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
The twisty undulating turns of Portimao are going to mean that his injuries get a real workout, I can't think of worse track to make a comeback with his shoulder.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4045885)   #97
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
The twisty undulating turns of Portimao are going to mean that his injuries get a real workout, I can't think of worse track to make a comeback with his shoulder.
It is true that it's a twisty circuit but I think that he would have trained in the gym and on the bike to get a decent level of fitness. Incidentally it was his upper humerus bone that he broke that he had plated within a few days of it happening. He then broke the plate off of the bone in what he said was a freak accident at home, but I heard through the grapevine that he damaged it training on his Motocross bike. That's more feasible as he is always out there on his local track and he could easily have done it without falling off with all the upper arm movement needed .
Old 14 Apr 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4045937)   #98
S griffin
Veteran

This being an unfamiliar track to him will probably mean he won’t get up to speed immediately. However you make a good point about his ego. He might not be able to help himself when the race starts
Old 15 Apr 2021, 17:44 (Ref:4046129)   #99
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
My confidence is not high, I have to start step by step. This is my pre-season," Marquez told reporters today (Thursday).

"It's true I'm nervous, I have butterflies in my stomach which is not normal... But the Japanese staff really motivated me and told me, 'Don't worry, there's no target'.

"It was a difficult decision not to race in Qatar because I was feeling ready but not 100%."

Marquez may not have ideal conditions on his return, however, with rain expected this weekend.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4046132)   #100
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I've never seen MM race anything half heartedly, it will be interesting to see his commitment in practice and qualifying. I wonder if the local lad Oliveira can repeat his performance for KTM. It would be super to be trackside this weekend, from what I've seen and heard it really is an exciting switchback/rollercoaster of a circuit and very accessible which is lot more than can be said for Jerez in Spain. From memory I think it took us around 2 hours or more from Seville for the '91 F1 race through mile upon mile of citrus groves.

Last edited by justracing; 15 Apr 2021 at 18:21.