Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will drive #88 in 2022?
Andre Heimgartner 1 2.56%
Angelo Mouzouris 0 0%
Anton de Pasquale 0 0%
Broc Feeney 8 20.51%
Brodie Kostecki 8 20.51%
Bryce Fullwood 0 0%
Cameron Waters 1 2.56%
Chaz Mostert 2 5.13%
Craig Lowndes “I’m Baaaaack” 0 0%
Declan Fraser 0 0%
Earl Bamber 2 5.13%
Garth Tander 1 2.56%
Jack Smith 0 0%
James Courtney 0 0%
Jamie Whincup (“I’m not SMURFIN leaving”) 0 0%
Jayden Ojeda 0 0%
Jordan Boys 1 2.56%
Jordan Cox 0 0%
Jordan Taylor 0 0%
Marcos Ambrose 1 2.56%
Mark Winterbottom 0 0%
Nash Morris 0 0%
Nick Percat 1 2.56%
Reef McCarthy 0 0%
Renee Gracie 4 10.26%
Richie Stanaway 0 0%
Rick Kelly 1 2.56%
Roland Dane 1 2.56%
Scott Pye 0 0%
Sebastian Bourdais 0 0%
Shane van Gisbergen (drive both, why not?) 1 2.56%
Simona de Silvestro 0 0%
Thomas Randle 1 2.56%
Todd Hazelwood 3 7.69%
Tyler Everingham 0 0%
Will Brown 0 0%
Will Davison 0 0%
Will Power 2 5.13%
Zane Goddard 0 0%
Anybody else... (please share who) 1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Apr 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4047610)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Mr Adderton had his way, Mr Stanaway would be the walk up start...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Apr 2021, 04:29 (Ref:4047620)   #27
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Formula Mercedes aka F1, is as boring as bat pooh these days.

The drivers are all controlled puppets, can’t say anything that is not politically correct or might cause sponsor backlash.

We prattle on about something that gives us a .0003 second gain a lap but has cost big $$$ to develop and makes no difference to racing.

The paying punter just wants to see some hardcore racing, sideways out of a corner, side by side racing, bit of banging wheels, drivers having an opinion, etc.
The first 2 F1 Grand Prix this year have been way more exciting than anything served up by Supercars for the past couple of years.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4047631)   #28
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I used to care, it used to be great with Ambrose and SBR and so on. But it's just a minor interest these days, the technical development in Formula One with the nitty gritty of the aerodynamics and power units is a lot more interesting.

Doesn't it bother you that V8 Supercar teams used to build their own cars, each with different designs and based on real Ford Falcons and real Holden Commodores, but now they just assemble kits from Pace Innovations, they are not allowed to have more power than anyone else, etcetera et al?

All those great stories -- Prodrive Windsor engines arriving on a palette from England, being put in the car and blowing up; 888's Windsor engines likewise arriving on a palette from France^ and also blowing up; 888's racey lightweight suspension components giving up on Mr Radisich who has to trundle back to the pits on three functional corners... All that layer of interest is all gone.

^ Infuriatingly, I can't remember the name of the engine builder, it was one of the well-known French racing engine tuners, popular in Formula 3 and Super Touring. As we know, 888 then adopted SBR Windsor motors for the 2005 season onwards.
I understand you because everyone may be interested in something else and that's perfectly fine. For me the thing of building cars is... well, a bit sad maybe but watching races I don't care that much about it. Manufacturers are less and less willing to put tonnes of money into motorsport, even Formula E cars (which is a borefest for me) have all the same cars.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4047634)   #29
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The absolute best racing took place when there was not a huge amount of money around and certainly no manufacturers either, it was call sports sedans and the cars were engineering marvels not constrained by unnecessary rules. Free thinking was allowed and even encouraged and I was lucky enough to have seen it all.

It will never happen again for a whole lot of reasons including the dumb idea that tight restrictive rules save money. I think SC has proven that idea wrong in capital letters. Tight rules result in tiny incremental development steps for large chunks of money. Anyone who complains about the cost of motor racing should go and buy a big yacht and race that, they will soon change their tune very quickly. I have no time for those who complain about the cost of racing at any level, if you can't afford it get out and do something else.
Old 27 Apr 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4048052)   #30
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if Joey Mawson would be considered, he seems to be doing OK against Randle and Golding, etc.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 02:36 (Ref:4048189)   #31
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The absolute best racing took place when there was not a huge amount of money around and certainly no manufacturers either, it was call sports sedans and the cars were engineering marvels not constrained by unnecessary rules. Free thinking was allowed and even encouraged and I was lucky enough to have seen it all.

It will never happen again for a whole lot of reasons including the dumb idea that tight restrictive rules save money. I think SC has proven that idea wrong in capital letters. Tight rules result in tiny incremental development steps for large chunks of money. Anyone who complains about the cost of motor racing should go and buy a big yacht and race that, they will soon change their tune very quickly. I have no time for those who complain about the cost of racing at any level, if you can't afford it get out and do something else.
What era of Sports Sedans are you talking about?The ‘70s professional peak for the class?If so I was there for most of it too.The cars were very unreliable by modern standards as people pushed the engineering limits.There were only ever 3-4 front running cars at any one time and the rest of the field were 3-5 seconds/lap slower.Then someone with real engineering smarts -Frank Gardner-came along,read the rules correctly and built a car that totally dominated and in the end destroyed the class.
I liked the class at the time but rose coloured glasses being worn I think.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4048207)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Gardner didnt actually build the Corvair did he?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4048223)   #33
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I liked the class at the time but rose coloured glasses being worn I think.
Of course rose tinted glasses but the ingenuity and off the wall thinking for some of those cars was first class. As for reliability ALL classes of racing suffered from it but these days the cars are simply engineered better because of improvements in equipment. Sports Sedans or that class of car today would be far more reliable simply due to time and development.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4048623)   #34
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will need to bring plenty of daddy’s cash for the second T8 seat.

Mr Whincup will be providing mentoring services.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4048827)   #35
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Gardner didnt actually build the Corvair did he?
Finished building it is probably the best description, how much had Tom Nailard done before Frank took over?
Old 2 May 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4049143)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
You will need to bring plenty of daddy’s cash for the second T8 seat.

Mr Whincup will be providing mentoring services.
Third seat? Speedcafe are trying to talk up a mystery 3rd REC bidder... why not a Boost/Supercheap/Red Bull Camaro for 2021?
Old 2 May 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4049175)   #37
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Third seat? Speedcafe are trying to talk up a mystery 3rd REC bidder... why not a Boost/Supercheap/Red Bull Camaro for 2021?
That would make more sense than putting a rookie in place of Whincup.

If Mostert is off contract, surely he is a shoe-in for the 88?
Old 14 May 2021, 07:23 (Ref:4051591)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
That would make more sense than putting a rookie in place of Whincup.

If Mostert is off contract, surely he is a shoe-in for the 88?
Is there room for Mr De Borre @ 888?
Old 15 May 2021, 12:02 (Ref:4051776)   #39
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Is there room for Mr De Borre @ 888?
If they wanted Mostert bad enough, I’d say they’d make room?
Old 15 May 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4051778)   #40
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feeney Seems to be in the box seat ATM but too young IMHO.
Andre seems to be looking to sign up with KGR
I was also suggesting Cam Waters but would he leave the Oval as the #1 driver?

Watch this space I guess
Old 17 May 2021, 01:31 (Ref:4051995)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Feeney Seems to be in the box seat ATM but too young IMHO.
Andre seems to be looking to sign up with KGR
I was also suggesting Cam Waters but would he leave the Oval as the #1 driver?

Watch this space I guess
You mean Tickford's #1 driver? Mr de Pasquale will probably usurp the #1 Ford fella sooner rather than later
Old 17 May 2021, 04:39 (Ref:4052003)   #42
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You mean Tickford's #1 driver?
Opps yep Tickfords
Old 15 Jun 2021, 04:38 (Ref:4056458)   #43
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If they wanted Mostert bad enough, I’d say they’d make room?
Either Mostert or T8 did not want it to happen..... Chaz has inked a deal to continue at Clayton until at least end 2023, and seems very happy with the fact.
Takes out one of the key players, and strengthens the Kostecki or Feeney camps I would think.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 19:49 (Ref:4056582)   #44
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Heimgartner. I think he may be quite a contender for the seat.

Mostert is a team leader at WAU, recently it's looked like they're getting closer to be near the top again so these two factors definitely played a role in a contract extension from his point of view. But honestly I doubt WAU will be able to put up a really close fight with T8 in the nearest future.
Old 13 Jul 2021, 04:45 (Ref:4060881)   #45
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
888 looking at Internationals.

Could that be Matt Campbell, or would that be a step back in his Career
Old 13 Jul 2021, 04:53 (Ref:4060882)   #46
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big step back...
Old 13 Jul 2021, 21:29 (Ref:4060960)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
888 looking at Internationals.

Could that be Matt Campbell, or would that be a step back in his Career
Porsche will want to keep him onboard i think!
Old 13 Jul 2021, 22:43 (Ref:4060963)   #48
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one in the main game put their best foot forward at townsville. SVG is miles ahead of anyone with his commitment to get to the front, in both races he could have settled for second but he didnt, and that is what Roland will be looking for in a second seat.
No one showed they were worthy of replacing Jay Dub. The potential replacement should be driving the wheels off the cars they are in instead of cruising around and saying that the tyres went off, thats a lame excuse.
Personally I think that James Golding and Feeney are in the running but Golding needs to get his bum in a car, any car, even TA2, to show his racecraft. Hazelwood might be a potential but he needs to show a bit more mongrel in his driving, but that would not help his chances of keeping his current seat, Brad doesnt like the cars to get scratched.
Old 14 Jul 2021, 03:04 (Ref:4060974)   #49
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
No one in the main game put their best foot forward at townsville. SVG is miles ahead of anyone with his commitment to get to the front, in both races he could have settled for second but he didnt, and that is what Roland will be looking for in a second seat.
No one showed they were worthy of replacing Jay Dub. The potential replacement should be driving the wheels off the cars they are in instead of cruising around and saying that the tyres went off, thats a lame excuse.
Personally I think that James Golding and Feeney are in the running but Golding needs to get his bum in a car, any car, even TA2, to show his racecraft. Hazelwood might be a potential but he needs to show a bit more mongrel in his driving, but that would not help his chances of keeping his current seat, Brad doesnt like the cars to get scratched.
Only recently JW said that the short list had very few 'locals' (Aus/Kiwi) names on it but there were International names on it.... RD himself said “Everyone’s obsessed that they have to be Australian or Kiwi; they don’t have to be....''
JW also said Feeney was doing what he needs to do to prove he is a contender. Win races in Super 2.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/07/12...n-for-my-seat/
Old 14 Jul 2021, 04:21 (Ref:4060975)   #50
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Porsche will want to keep him onboard i think!
Thats what i thought.