Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3873144)   #3651
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Hate all this signing on stuff for the BBC and All4 etc!
My TV now has iPlayer seemingly accessible via the ‘red button’. Used to have to watch it on iPad or on TV via a smartbox.

I had to get a code from the beeb website to start, but now just go straight in. Hopefully it will continue to be like that....
Old 30 Dec 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3873166)   #3652
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
My TV now has iPlayer seemingly accessible via the ‘red button’. Used to have to watch it on iPad or on TV via a smartbox.

I had to get a code from the beeb website to start, but now just go straight in. Hopefully it will continue to be like that....
Yeah I luckily have a amazon prime thinghy which has all the related stuff which comes in handy.Watched a Le Mans Doc the other day which very good,recommened if you have one
Old 30 Dec 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3873181)   #3653
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
'Analysis of Department for Traffic data' comes up with the obvious...…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...cid=spartandhp
So all about a few licence holders who are over 100 years of age? NO observation about how many of that number are still driving in reality?

Nothing to do with 20mph zones, "smart" motorways, cars that auto adjust their speed and distance to he car in front and, more often seen than I would have thought given how few miles I drive - especially on motorways, Tesla model S drivers trying to extend their range?

(I can't comment on BMW i3 drivers since I don't see them often and maybe only once on a motorway .... )

Having looked at official RTA Serious Accident data for the years 1991 to 2002 some years ago and then a few subsequent years at a later point, I'm not surprised that they seem able to make a story out of anything reported by however the data turned out without bothering too much about facts or any connection with causation.
Old 30 Dec 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3873186)   #3654
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I can't comment on BMW i3 drivers since I don't see them
You've better not here !
Old 30 Dec 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3873198)   #3655
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Very rare to see a Tesla going below the speed limit! Leafs and Zoes more than likely. i3s somewhere in between.

In my view, there are many accidents caused by ‘inappropriate use of speed’, and that can be not enough, as well as too much....
Old 31 Dec 2018, 02:45 (Ref:3873227)   #3656
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hi, E.B! See you're an early bird… You will reach the new year before us, could you please send fresh news of what will happen then? Cheers!
I shall probably be nursing the effects of too much (Australian) red by the time you Europhiles are welcoming the New Year. (No doubt some might suggest any Australian red is too much)

I will be spending the evening with a few friends sitting on my balcony in shorts and T shirt, enjoying a balmy evening watching the fireworks over the city.... they have promised us a bigger and better fireworks display from all the high-rise buildings in the city. No driving anywhere for me given the promised police presence on the roads.

I will take this opportunity to wish all mon amis here, of all nationalities, a prosperous, healthy and safe 2019.

Last edited by E.B; 31 Dec 2018 at 03:05.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 05:23 (Ref:3873231)   #3657
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I imagine an Australian red could be either a good wine or an English newcomer getting sunburned!

I wish you a healthy, safe and fun of thrill year 2019!

And vice versa because you're living in an inverted area which means you're right because, here, many things an people are upside down!
Old 31 Dec 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3873264)   #3658
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
As E.B and fellow Southern Hemisphere dwellers are well ahead of us and likely already partaking of the odd beverage, a Happy New Year to all tenthers, and may 2019 be a good one for all of us!

Old 31 Dec 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3873283)   #3659
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish everyone a happy new year and a great 2019 to you all.Tonight I'm going to watch a film with some mates in Tunbridge Wells.Going at 17:45 on New Years Eve.Great idea.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3873315)   #3660
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Hang on. Shouldn't someone be deciding what new name we're going to have for this tea break banter only a few short hours from now?
Old 31 Dec 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3873317)   #3661
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What about "Pizza and beer on the house"! A new roof could stand that…
Old 31 Dec 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3873323)   #3662
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Hang on. Shouldn't someone be deciding what new name we're going to have for this tea break banter only a few short hours from now?
Having indulged in the current thread for the last 12 months, I am sure that it transcends any mere 'tea break' chatter. In depth political discussion, International relations, obscure regulations, the future of Europe, the United Kingdom, French politicians, race meetings, even the odd bit about historic racing, creep into the forum. I would respectfully suggest that the new title should at least contain the word 'Parliament' in it's title somewhere.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3873328)   #3663
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Personally I’d go for something really boring like- ‘The 2019 HRT tea break thread’
Old 31 Dec 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3873330)   #3664
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Personally I’d go for something really boring like- ‘The 2019 HRT tea break thread’

Hormone Replacement Therapy?

Hmm. Might work.

I seem to remember a blog or something that was called "Heard at the Water Cooler" or something like that.

Water coolers only being common on cars at race meetings, how about "Chat to the radiator"?

(er, well perhaps not. I mean you don't have to be mad to go historic racing and I would feel uncomfortable if people were to become upset if they felt the title was making fun if their relationship with their best mates ...)
Old 31 Dec 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3873332)   #3665
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's Red Box Time - the 2019 Delta Tea Break Natter.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3873334)   #3666
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Having indulged in the current thread for the last 12 months, I am sure that it transcends any mere 'tea break' chatter.
I'm with you, mon Ami Robert. More important, from 2nd April, all the foreign accounts should be automatically closed, consultation only.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3873338)   #3667
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's Red Box Time - the 2019 Delta Tea Break Natter.
Yep. . Spare a thought for me tonight please . Mrs Delta has invited all her daft mates around for stupid games . One good thing is I can escape to the garage . Happy New Year .
Old 31 Dec 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3873341)   #3668
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yep. . Spare a thought for me tonight please . Mrs Delta has invited all her daft mates around for stupid games . One good thing is I can escape to the garage . Happy New Year .
Make sure to take an appropriate beverage with you! I’ve opened a bottle of bubbly stuff and am watching DM2....

Happy New Year (again)
Old 31 Dec 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3873342)   #3669
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
whatever the title may we have less cycle talk? and a ban on E-this and E-that.
Both are bad for my well-being. On a better note I had a box of stuff for the modsports Midget arrive today - from a bargain-priced French supplier, merci.

Happy New Year to all.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3873344)   #3670
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the Kwassons & a Cuppa Tea Break 2019?

Happy New Year to all.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 19:01 (Ref:3873346)   #3671
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tea Time With Delta?
Old 31 Dec 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3873348)   #3672
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just seen the Sydney NY celebrations on the BBC news - and those from NZ and N Korea - so happy New Year to all tenthers. My racing partner in crime celebrates his 70th birthday on NY Eve, so although avoiding the packed pubs, will be visiting him to give him all the usual insults
Old 31 Dec 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3873352)   #3673
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I shall probably be nursing the effects of too much (Australian) red by the time you Europhiles are welcoming the New Year. (No doubt some might suggest any Australian red is too much)
I'm celebrating with a bottle of Jammy Red Roo before I go to bed at about 9.30pm, I do like to live life on the edge
Old 31 Dec 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3873356)   #3674
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm celebrating with a cup of coffee and Spectre on the TV. It's not very good - either the coffee or the film

I've got to collect Mini MM at 0100 on 01/01 which all seems appropriate, so no booze tonight.

Happy New Year one and all.

How about "Tall Tales around the Tea Cup 2019"

I don't suppose the censor will let us get away with "Talking ******** with Mates 2019".

EDIT - No it didn't

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2018, 21:49 (Ref:3873359)   #3675
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm celebrating with a cup of coffee and Spectre on the TV. It's not very good - either the coffee or the film

I've got to collect Mini MM at 0100 on 01/01 which all seems appropriate, so no booze tonight.

Happy New Year one and all.

How about "Tall Tales around the Tea Cup 2019"

I don't suppose the censor will let us get away with "Talking ******** with Mates 2019".

EDIT - No it didn't

Actually ******** is quite inclusive as it could mean whatever you want on the day ....

I trust Mini MM is doing something fiscally productive if it finishes at 01:00

I recall may daughters, when they were probably younger than Mini MM, not wanting lifts until more like 03:00, albeit that was often any time during the year not New Year related.
Closed Thread