Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Nov 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3477921)   #351
jobdone
Racer

jobdone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Palmer wins the Winter Championship. Sounds like very tricky conditions at Brands Hatch, and good to see Fonseca winning a couple of races too.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3478306)   #352
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fonseca impressed me this season. He was almost always around Menchaca who is more experienced, and if he remains next season, a move to Lanan or HHC would make him a title favourite. If not, a top 4 in the championship would be a very good result which he is capable of.

I'd be interested to see if di Mauro sticks on for another season, and if he does, whether he remains in the Petroball fold. It will be interesting to see how Petroball do next season.

The same can also be said for Palmer. Now he's winter series champion, will he look for a move elsewhere (e.g. FR NEC) with his backing, or will he stick around for a(nother) title campaign? He was in Ginetta Juniors for a while, which makes me think he'll be back again next season, but this Winter title and his backing would make him a good asset for a Formula Renault team.

I guess this thread will be quiet over the winter unless someone (like me ) keeps up to date with all of the driver signings, but these are some talking points here.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3478930)   #353
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it seems I generated a lot of discussion there!

But the day after I posted that, di Mauro and Enzo Bortoleto were confirmed at Petroball next season, with the team expecting a title challenge from di Mauro and hope for maybe a win or two from Bortoleto.

But the big news is that BRDC replaces British F3 on the British GT package next season!
Old 26 Nov 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3478934)   #354
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

But the big news is that BRDC replaces British F3 on the British GT package next season!
Awesome! F3 used to put me off going to British GT meetings with the pathetic entries and poor racing even in a full grid. F4 is a perfect replacement.

Presume this also means C4 race coverage?
Old 26 Nov 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3478959)   #355
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its certainly a good move on MSV's part to team up with British GT as it give credibility to the series which makes it more attractive for sponsors, and with rival MSA Formula F4 getting TV coverage by being on the BTCC ticket, this is as perfect a response as you could hope to achieve.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3479005)   #356
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
BRDC F4 already has a TV deal in place with ITV4 to do, like C4's British GT coverage, a highlights package broadcast the weekend following the race meeting. Incidentally, both are made by Hayfisher, who also do the Formula E world feed, and do a very good job.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3480034)   #357
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
BRDC F4 already has a TV deal in place with ITV4 to do, like C4's British GT coverage, a highlights package broadcast the weekend following the race meeting. Incidentally, both are made by Hayfisher, who also do the Formula E world feed, and do a very good job.
Hay Fisher don't do the Formula E world feed, Aurora does. They do however use facilities provided by Hay Fisher.

And the FE world feed is terrible: Not enough cameras, the ones they do have are poorly positioned, there are no ISO playouts, there are graphics mistakes all over the place, they don't provide proper counts, there's a pit reporter who is like a rabbit in headlights, and a commentator who can't identify which car is which. If it was being done by Hay Fisher, it would be a lot better than it is.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3482980)   #358
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought there was a 2014 McLaren Autosport BRDC Award thread, but can't find one so I'll post this here.... George Russell has won the award tonight, making him the youngest-ever winner.

Fully deserved award IMO, his first year in cars has been pretty sensational and he really has shown the potential to be a star of the future - the £100,000 prize money will come in handy for his 2015 budget too, especially if he wants to move to European F3, which he recently said is a possibility.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3485847)   #359
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Palmer is set to stay with HHC, his only goal should be the championship!

Also Harisson Newey (HHC), Gaetano di Mauro & Enzo Bortoleto (both PetroBall) are comfirmed for 2015...
Old 17 Dec 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3485851)   #360
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
If Palmer DOESN'T win the title than it will take a stunning season from di Mauro or a rookie sensation. A rookie sensation and bad luck denied Hyman a title this year...

...looking on the website, it seems that another big name in Stefan Donnelly (son of Martin) may race for Virtuosi next season, whilst the team to beat, Lanan, have a driver announcement 'pending'.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3492417)   #361
v2i59
Rookie

v2i59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a few drivers confirmed for 2015 so far, will be interesting to see if someone like Palmer or Di Mauro wins the title, or maybe another wonderkid comes through.

Looks like there a few more announcements in the pipeline too.

http://www.formula4.com/teams/2015-teams.aspx
Old 15 Jan 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3493170)   #362
jobdone
Racer

Looks very promising actually, and HHC still have a seat and Lanan two, you'd imagine drivers are queuing up for those and the teams are probably having to make a hard decision! You'd have thought the rest of the grid would then fall into place, but it's good to see several teams have announcements pending.

Pirelli deal for tyres is a good move too, and almost creates a ladder from F4 to GP3 and GP2. I suppose Russell's strong test in GP3 and decent performances from Hyman and Morris show drivers can go from this level to F1 support series.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 00:50 (Ref:3493192)   #363
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2i59 View Post
Quite a few drivers confirmed for 2015 so far, will be interesting to see if someone like Palmer or Di Mauro wins the title, or maybe another wonderkid comes through.

Looks like there a few more announcements in the pipeline too.

http://www.formula4.com/teams/2015-teams.aspx
What about Virtuosi?? I was thinking they would have 2/3 cars aswell this year
Old 17 Jan 2015, 22:52 (Ref:3493708)   #364
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought BRDC F4 was meant to become MSA Formula or was I wrong or it is and they've kept the old website?
Old 18 Jan 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3493754)   #365
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Formula Ford has become MSA F4, BRDC F4 is still BRDC F4. And it seems that both will be able to co-exist.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3497669)   #366
shatners bassoon
Rookie

shatners bassoon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty decent prize fund announced for this season - should give the next champ a decent leg-up to the next step, especially if they win the MABA like George Russell http://news.motorsportvision.co.uk/[f4]-outstanding-prize-package-for-brdc-f4-in-2015.aspx
Old 26 Jan 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3497709)   #367
gliderpilot
Rookie

gliderpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRDC F4 prize

Yes, brilliant prize package announced today by BRDC F4 - still def THE single-seater series for young career drivers. The new rival to BRDC F4, MSA Formula, has a smaller prize fund and will be a lot more expensive to do.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3498722)   #368
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Fonseca to Lanan! He'll be a contender!!
Old 29 Jan 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3498735)   #369
LeonardBernstein
Rookie

LeonardBernstein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I count 11 drivers now for this series (http://www.formula4.com/teams/2015-teams.aspx). I wonder if Fonseca is going to be able to challenge at the front, Lanan seems to be a decent place to be if you want to be a winner.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3508764)   #370
Clervaux
Rookie

Clervaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More drivers have joined the series now, including the returning Tom Jackson with Chris Dittmann Racing. He did a decent job last year and it will be interesting to see if he can kick on more this year and challenge for the title.

http://www.formula4.com/news/tom-jac...nn-racing.aspx
Old 25 Feb 2015, 21:10 (Ref:3508994)   #371
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
16yo South African Sisa Ngebulana has joined Hillspeed for this season. No idea how good he is but we'll find out! Good team and time on his side.

As for Jackson challenging for the title, that would really surprise me. Maybe an R2 win but that would be pushing it for me. di Mauro, Palmer, Fonseca and maybe Bartholomew are safer bets for a title challenge Imo.

Of course I could be wrong...
Old 27 Feb 2015, 08:34 (Ref:3509562)   #372
Clervaux
Rookie

Agreed.

Should be interesting to see what Ngebulana can do although I think it will be more of a learning year for him.

Jackson will be hard pushed to challenge for the title but a good aim to have I guess. We shall see.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 21:45 (Ref:3510925)   #373
jobdone
Racer

Chris Mealin confirmed at Lanan. Surprise that given his meagre Ford campaign in 2014, but given Lanan's track record in F4, if anyone can turn him around, they can. And they wouldn't have signed him if he was a slouch in testing.

I suppose it also confirms that BRDC F4 is now a step above MSA Formula in terms of speed given the de-tuning of the MSA engine. Lap times in BRDC F4 around the full Snetterton circuit are around two seconds quicker than the MSA cars after their test today.

Would be good to see Jackson do a full (and competitive) season this time around. And would be great to see Chris Dittmann Racing beating the so called 'big boys.'
Old 3 Mar 2015, 11:30 (Ref:3511102)   #374
Clervaux
Rookie

An interesting signing but Lanan obviously are willing to take a risk on him, so will see if he can deliver.

It will also be interesting to see MSA Formula times from testing at other circuits. A shame that the group test at Brands was wet but as you say, would expect a relatively significant time difference given the comparison in times from Snetterton.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3511730)   #375
Clervaux
Rookie

Another driver on the grid as Jordan Albert returns with Sean Walkinshaw Racing for a second season. Starting to fill up now.