Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 1 Oct 2007, 08:34 (Ref:2027634)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Photo Of The Year Discussion

Thread to keep discussion of the photo contest out of the the "rules / announcement" thread.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 15:59 (Ref:2028014)   #2
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see these are the dimensions of the images to be submitted...

"...high resolution format (at least 1024x768)"

What is the resolution in ppi you require?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 16:06 (Ref:2028022)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davhut
I see these are the dimensions of the images to be submitted...

"...high resolution format (at least 1024x768)"

What is the resolution in ppi you require?
Doesn't matter as they aren't going to be output on any printed medium, only used onscreen.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 16:16 (Ref:2028033)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The image dimension should be 1024x768, no bigger, no smaller?

That's how I read it anyway.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 16:19 (Ref:2028040)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
The image dimension should be 1024x768, no bigger, no smaller?

That's how I read it anyway.
Try reading again, it clearly says "at least 1024x768" so bigger images are also fine. Also, that's for landscape format so portrait format that's 768x1024 is also fine.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2028082)   #6
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God, TTG, use your eyes!

So how many entries do we expect?

as many as 50 people? More?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 17:37 (Ref:2028129)   #7
Davhut
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Doesn't matter as they aren't going to be output on any printed medium, only used onscreen.

Never say never. Do you have a total size limitation for receiving? (3MgB, 4, more?) Our bands are pretty broad over here!

Quote:
So how many entries do we expect?
You looked at "the best photo (sic) you've ever taken" thread lately? There will be thousands.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 19:06 (Ref:2028201)   #8
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
maybe, but maybe not?
We shall see.

There won't be enough voters!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 19:40 (Ref:2028230)   #9
RaptorUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
RaptorUK has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Acouple of observations/questions . . .

there is nothing in the rules about nudity/decency . . perhaps something should be added ?

isn't it a little daft that the winning photo of "Photo Of The Year 2007" could be a photo from 10 years ago ?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 20:03 (Ref:2028249)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Never say never. Do you have a total size limitation for receiving? (3MgB, 4, more?) Our bands are pretty broad over here!
e-mail size isn't a problem.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 20:22 (Ref:2028269)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You looked at "the best photo (sic) you've ever taken" thread lately? There will be thousands
The "best photo" thread has descended into "several pictures I took recently (again)". If every poster on that thread actually only posted their one best picture there would be a lot less.

If the rules say two pics maximum then by my reckoning anyone who sends more than two should be disqualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorUK
there is nothing in the rules about nudity
What sort of motorsports have you been watching I've obviously been going to the wrong meetings.

Can't see it being a major problem but fair point.

Quote:
isn't it a little daft that the winning photo of "Photo Of The Year 2007" could be a photo from 10 years ago ?
Agreed. Photo Of The Year should be "of the year".
Old 1 Oct 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2028275)   #12
timtime
Rookie

timtime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say that I was also puzzled about the year rule. I would agree that Photo of They Year should be just that and taken between 01.01.07 and 31.12.07 or an agreed 12 month period,

Tim
Old 1 Oct 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2028284)   #13
RaptorUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
What sort of motorsports have you been watching I've obviously been going to the wrong meetings.

Can't see it being a major problem but fair point.
As a mild example . . .

http://www.xpower-racing.com/gallery...-D2X-0479c.jpg

she is a grid girl so is motorsport related . . .
Old 1 Oct 2007, 20:58 (Ref:2028300)   #14
Davhut
Racer

Quote:
there is nothing in the rules about nudity/decency . . perhaps something should be added ?
I agree. Decent photos without nudity should be rejected.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 21:07 (Ref:2028308)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That photo isn't big enough.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 21:09 (Ref:2028311)   #16
RaptorUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
That photo isn't big enough.
This is though . . .

http://www.xpower-racing.com/gallery...-D2X-0479c.jpg

anyway, lets get back ON TOPIC.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 21:15 (Ref:2028326)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Better

Presuming that a modicum of sense is used, we should be alright with entries using such photos.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 22:03 (Ref:2028363)   #18
Davhut
Racer

And assume the rules as initially posted, any year picture eligible this time. That makes sense to me and subsequent years could be limited to the given 12 month period following each contest result.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 22:32 (Ref:2028381)   #19
RaptorUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK

Perhaps a line could be added stating that:

Photos must comply with the posing rules of this forum.

i.e. "You agreed, when you originally registered for the forum, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You also agreed not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you."

a bit wooly I know . . . .
Old 2 Oct 2007, 00:11 (Ref:2028437)   #20
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Why should it be confined to one year?

I think there's been great pictures taken before.

I know there is one photo in "best ever taken" that is from late seventies early eighties that would win, hands down, if it were entered.

no doubt at all.

and no, i'm not gonna spill
Old 2 Oct 2007, 01:22 (Ref:2028467)   #21
Davhut
Racer

Quote:
i.e. "You agreed, when you originally registered for the forum, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You also agreed not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you."
a bit wooly I know . . . .

Way more than a bit wooly mate. I don't see these rules posted for the contest and if you feel the need to promulgate your narrow, conservative mind on others, perhaps some church blog would be a better forum. I suggest maybe the CofE or the Roman Catholic Diocese if you're in need of making others try to conform to whatever your narrow moral standard might be.
Good effing luck.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 02:09 (Ref:2028487)   #22
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any maximum dimensions?? Most of my high res photos are like 2048x1536...

I'll be entering for sure.. seems like a great competition and already one of my pics are in the best photo you've ever taken thread..
Old 2 Oct 2007, 07:12 (Ref:2028576)   #23
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
I didn't think I would have to repeat that all the normal site rules regarding content also applied.

Quote:
No, not really, same way that if we do have a contest in 2008 where there is a monthly winner and theme then the photo won't have to be taken that month.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 07:13 (Ref:2028577)   #24
RaptorUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK

Quote:
Way more than a bit wooly mate. I don't see these rules posted for the contest and if you feel the need to promulgate your narrow, conservative mind on others, perhaps some church blog would be a better forum. I suggest maybe the CofE or the Roman Catholic Diocese if you're in need of making others try to conform to whatever your narrow moral standard might be.

Good effing luck.
ROFLMAO . . .

If you don't like what I quoted then I suggest you leave this forum because they are the posting rules of this forum, they aren't something I wrote or thought up . . . .

The pictures entered will end up on this forum so it would be fairly safe to assume that they might have to comply with the posting rules of the forum, all I'm suggesting is that this be made clear . . .

Oh, and by the way . .. the picture I linked to, who do you think took it and no, it wasn't taken in church
Old 2 Oct 2007, 07:16 (Ref:2028584)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
Is there any maximum dimensions?? Most of my high res photos are like 2048x1536...
No maximum dimensions for submissions, although anything greater than 2048 will be resized to 2048.