Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2514587)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tander to Ford?

Interesting to read in tonight's MeN that Mr Tander is considering other driving possibilities beyond continuing at HRT.

The article suggests that perhaps FPR shall offer Mr Tander a ride in one of their 4 2010 chassis, but that there are other alternatives there.

Its funny that this should come up now, as there has been some chatter around suggesting that the Tandersport operation may have been in line to secure the bulk of the Wilson Security funding next season, and in a Ford-supported Falcon. Wife Leanne would continue in the development series in the same brand.

Then you read in MeN that someone has approached 888 about the sourcing and maybe technical help for the car... and the jigsaw comes together a little

If Mr Tander ended up in a Ford, how many Holden fans would hari kari... and as importantly, who would be his able replacement?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:30 (Ref:2514597)   #2
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh gawd, is this some sort of attempt by Ford to have a "racing plan"?

Id rather 1 Lowndes or 1 Whincup instead of 10 Tanders.

Out of the 2 HRT drivers id rather Davison...... but Ford already let him get away last year.

Ford just have no idea and quite frankly they are causing my lack of interest in V8 Supercars.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2514604)   #3
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Could be a good reason why Ford let 888 go, knowing/or agreed to a deal with Tander Motorsport?
Old 3 Aug 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2514613)   #4
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
Could be a good reason why Ford let 888 go, knowing/or agreed to a deal with Tander Motorsport?
Bahahaha, omg, quote of the year right there!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2514942)   #5
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shrewd, lets bone the well funded team with great continuity, two superb drivers, the championship, the last 3 Bathurst who are also supplying a number of our other teams with arguably the best customer chassis in the business in favour of the start up team who're poaching their budget from one of our other teams...... I see the logic!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2515030)   #6
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Supposing for an instant that they would prefer this guy over the best team, best driver or even the driver who has beaten him in his first year as teammate in a different car .... hmmm, you need to say that out loud to work out how stupid it sounds.

Maybe he agreed to drive a blue car ...

Maybe he's feeling a little "blue" after Will has towelled him up this year ...

Maybe he's had a "blue" with Walkinshoddy ...

Or maybe all this is just a "Red" Herring ...
Old 3 Aug 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2515056)   #7
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, if Tander wants to go, let him go. I learnt not to get too upset about Lowndes leaving. It's a business decision. The drivers have to look after themselves and their families.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2515057)   #8
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
More likely that T8 were let go due to incompetent management within Ford Aust. head office. I've seen elsewhere the problems that can be created when managers have become so full of their own self importance and are unable to accept anybody that doesn't agree with their ideas......really, sack T8 because their cars are red and not blue!!! Surely they have to be kidding themselves.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2515059)   #9
jc1965
Rookie

jc1965 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said it yesterday.....

Get GT in a GT..............
Old 4 Aug 2009, 01:17 (Ref:2515088)   #10
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last i recall Wilson Security colours weren't blue!? (Though they seem fairly flexible with their logos, and I can imagine their logo in white on a blue car being acceptable.)

Tander in a FPR Wilson Security car sounds a good idea to me. It seems unlikely Mr. Tander is getting Ford backing for a new team, and where is he finding the $1-3m for the purchase of one or two RECs, f3 is one thing but surely not spending his own savings in the bottomless main game money pit?

If FPR can run a 3rd and 4th car with propers drivers (not money bringing SORFs!) and reasonable levels of sponsorships, could it improve their (and the 888 less Ford's) overall competitiveness?
Old 4 Aug 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2515115)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tander is one of the few drivers on the grid that can consistently run at the front, almost regardless of the machinery he's in.

He should be hot property in the paddock.

As for TanderSport - I have heard directly from the horse's mouth that there is no intention for it to be in the main game while GT is still driving. The development series, however...
Old 4 Aug 2009, 03:14 (Ref:2515133)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes or GT? from a fans perspective i would take CL 8 days of the week.

while i want GT to stay Red i actually wouldn't be too sad as:
1. Holden will have the best V8 team and 2 of the best driver's added to it's roster.
2. as a V8 fan having another contender in Ford to atleast bring it 1 car more even i'll be happy.

also GT is on pretty decent coin at HRT and is 1000x more competitive at HRT then FPR so FPR's offer would have to be HUGE. also he has stated he wanted to race for HRT there and has been groomed as the Skaife replacement. i think he is doing a Whanky and trying to drive his price up by threatening to leave.

why would WR have contacted Lethal & Fab if they really wanted GT, so they must think him going to FPR is a real threat.

i want Lethal to stay red though. i wouldn't mind FC in red as i rate him and he is a good bloke Lethal has been loyal to Holden and the perfect replacement for GT should he leave. having said that i can't imagine Garry would let him go without a fight especially given he has another year on his current GRM deal. also other then the coin GRM are killing it compared to FPR so to are WSR so i would imagine HRT (should Tander leave) would be the only on-track improvement on their current squads.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 04:18 (Ref:2515149)   #13
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if this is true, what about GT in the #6? cant do any worse than richo, GT and frosty would be a good team in response to 888's move.

I'll believe it when i see GT in a blue shirt!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 06:42 (Ref:2515183)   #14
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tander to PCR to race alongside his wife perhaps??? With Fabian heading to HRT as Garth's Replacement??
Old 4 Aug 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2515427)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My goodness... Lowndes, Whincup, W. Davison AND Coulthard in Holdens? They'd be unstoppable...!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Aug 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2515429)   #16
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
My goodness... Lowndes, Whincup, W. Davison AND Coulthard in Holdens? They'd be unstoppable...!
*Plays the imperial march theme*
Old 4 Aug 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2515451)   #17
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Tander is a nob and would be quite happy if he drove for Ford
Old 5 Aug 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2515822)   #18
gkmarshall
Racer

gkmarshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many Ford fans would warm to Tander, not many i would think
Old 5 Aug 2009, 02:11 (Ref:2515855)   #19
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarshall View Post
As many as there were for Lowndes. Ford fans are an unforgiving bunch unless the best drivers drive for them they won't embrace that driver.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2515864)   #20
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
As many as there were for Lowndes. Ford fans are an unforgiving bunch unless the best drivers drive for them they won't embrace that driver.
And that would be different from Holden fans..........
Old 5 Aug 2009, 05:43 (Ref:2515887)   #21
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulthard and Davison at HRT would be a wicked combination they both have done the hard yards in British Formula Renault in 2003 and know without doubt what it takes.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 06:02 (Ref:2515897)   #22
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarshall View Post
I dont think Tander is particulary popular with a lot of Holden fans either. he certainly isn't in the Lowndes league thats for sure
Old 5 Aug 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2515903)   #23
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerhead View Post
And that would be different from Holden fans..........
Holden fans still supported Lowndes when he defected to Ford. How many Ford fans will now support Lowndes and Whincup I wonder?
Old 5 Aug 2009, 06:16 (Ref:2515907)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone think maybe the Coulthard & Holdsworth contact might be to replace Dumbrell also?????
Old 5 Aug 2009, 06:34 (Ref:2515913)   #25
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
does anyone think maybe the Coulthard & Holdsworth contact might be to replace Dumbrell also?????
Gawd I hope so!