Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jan 2024, 11:57 (Ref:4194122)   #2551
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Some nice pictures there Baub!
I will PM you my answer...
I would find it hard to believe that any poster here would not instantly recognise the Willhire, I only stuck them up to remind people of the popular 24 hour race. The pictures were collected from various sources for a series of articles in MOG. A Morgan won he event 1982.
Attached Thumbnails
MMC on track 2.jpeg  
Old 30 Jan 2024, 21:02 (Ref:4194279)   #2552
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Choose one and tell me why it is the one I need.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4834.JPG   Revival Friday 001 (96).jpg   IMG_6104(1).JPG  

IMG_5755.JPG   PJO_4357.jpg   IMG_5720.JPG  

Old 31 Jan 2024, 06:37 (Ref:4194337)   #2553
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think you need a blue Mk VI, first Lotus production car, because your eyes are blue too and I remember you're a great fan of Patrick McGoohan (you take no Prisoner either) "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered". Bee seeing ya!
Old 31 Jan 2024, 11:07 (Ref:4194370)   #2554
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think you need a blue Mk VI, first Lotus production car, because your eyes are blue too and I remember you're a great fan of Patrick McGoohan (you take no Prisoner either) [I]"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered". [/I]Bee seeing ya!

Not if I see you first.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 16:06 (Ref:4194402)   #2555
bauble
Veteran

England
My thanks and congratulations to Paul D as the only entrant in the Loti quiz, for coming up with the right answer.
By jove he is moving up the leader board at quite a rate.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 22:40 (Ref:4194476)   #2556
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yipee! Success at last.

At this rate I might be in danger of being ejected from the Stupido club!

Then again, that may be a bit rash...
Old 1 Feb 2024, 06:31 (Ref:4194514)   #2557
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Crikkee Dukie . Well done . Can you e mail me answer . I can then PM Bob .?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 08:53 (Ref:4194522)   #2558
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Crikkee Dukie . Well done . Can you e mail me answer . I can then PM Bob .?
Paul, isn't it ODD that EVEN Delta can't find the answer? I thought if anyone here knew their Loti, it would be him. A NUMBER of others TYPES seem just as lost by the Lotus puzzle. Should I give them a clue?

That nice Mr. B.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 11:21 (Ref:4194549)   #2559
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, no, don't do it Bob!

I wanna be the only one who got it! There's been a NUMBER of times when EVEN I didn't know the answer, so wouldn't it be ODD if I was the only one who got this one?

You may find a clue if you drive down the M5 until you get to the M4, but every time I go that way, I get stuck in traffic - must have happened to me at least TEN times I reckon...

As you know Bob, there is a RED herring in there that caught me out initially.

Last edited by Paul D; 1 Feb 2024 at 11:30.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 13:08 (Ref:4194570)   #2560
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
No, no, don't do it Bob!

I wanna be the only one who got it! There's been a NUMBER of times when EVEN I didn't know the answer, so wouldn't it be ODD if I was the only one who got this one?

You may find a clue if you drive down the M5 until you get to the M4, but every time I go that way, I get stuck in traffic - must have happened to me at least TEN times I reckon...

As you know Bob, there is a RED herring in there that caught me out initially.
Were you on your way to Bristol for the tenth time.

But I don't think we give anyone a clue.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 13:36 (Ref:4194574)   #2561
bauble
Veteran

England
Identify the models and ignore the make, and tell me the answer.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0223.JPG   IMG_0604.JPG   IMG_5955.JPG  

IMG_5988.JPG   IMG_0603.JPG   IMG_6015.JPG  

Old 1 Feb 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4194633)   #2562
bauble
Veteran

England
It ma be that we don't all agree on which model of car is pictured, should anyone be able to POSITIVELY identify each model then we can agree on an answer. A lot of Lotus cars all look the same to me so it might not be the one I think it is.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4194643)   #2563
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
I'm fairly sure I've identified the models correctly in the latest puzzle, but a meaningful answer has eluded me thus far!

The Lotus, if this is one in doubt, I'm almost certain is what I stated! There are two other similar looking models, but the details suggest, to me at least, that it's the one I thought.

On the other hand, I may be completely wrong, and my lifetime membership of the Stupido club is assured!
Old 1 Feb 2024, 20:13 (Ref:4194652)   #2564
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm fairly sure I've identified the models correctly in the latest puzzle, but a meaningful answer has eluded me thus far!

The Lotus, if this is one in doubt, I'm almost certain is what I stated! There are two other similar looking models, but the details suggest, to me at least, that it's the one I thought.

On the other hand, I may be completely wrong, and my lifetime membership of the Stupido club is assured!
Stupido Club? No! No! It does not ADD UP.

Note: There are no models identified by a name no Aces, Capris, or Elans or such only by a number.,
Old 3 Feb 2024, 16:04 (Ref:4194971)   #2565
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Like 9, 11, 15, 23, 6, 7 or 25 for instance? Why would you need a 23???

Last edited by Gerard C; 3 Feb 2024 at 16:10. Reason: Because!
Old 3 Feb 2024, 18:00 (Ref:4194978)   #2566
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Like 9, 11, 15, 23, 6, 7 or 25 for instance? Why would you need a 23???
There is no 9, but there is 19b
Old 3 Feb 2024, 18:24 (Ref:4194980)   #2567
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
"Choose one and tell me why it is the one I need" was your question, right?

Just tell me what you need and I'll tell you how how to do without it. Simple, yeah? Suggestion: find a decent pic of a '47 and you'll see its the one you need.
Old 4 Feb 2024, 00:03 (Ref:4195007)   #2568
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
There is no 9, but there is 19b
Now I'm really confused!

19b could only, as far as I'm aware, relate to a Lotus. But none of the cars pictured look anything like a 19b to me:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/b2...c9dc3b92bd.jpg

What am I missing here?
Old 4 Feb 2024, 13:15 (Ref:4195064)   #2569
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
What am I missing here?
The "spirit" may be… While we are here, are we looking for 100 or 100/4 or 6? And from the very nice pic you've posted, are you looking for Carrera 6 or just 906?
Old 4 Feb 2024, 13:30 (Ref:4195066)   #2570
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
No, no Gerard - the picture in the link is a Lotus 19!

I posted it for comparison to the pictures in the puzzle, to which it bears little resemblance!

The Healey is a 100 'S' by the way, seeing as you asked! The smaller, oval shaped grille sets it apart from any other Healey.
Old 4 Feb 2024, 14:49 (Ref:4195068)   #2571
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Now I'm really confused!

19b could only, as far as I'm aware, relate to a Lotus. But none of the cars pictured look anything like a 19b to me:

[url]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/b2/8c/f5b28ccc53b1353d9aee02c9dc3b92bd.jpg[/url
What am I missing here?
A joke

Some have confused the Mk9 and Mk10, There was no Mk9 in the quiz.

I had a Mk19, which some said was a 23b, but as long as it had and odd number the puzzle was still valid, you have to excuse Gerard he's French.
Old 4 Feb 2024, 14:54 (Ref:4195069)   #2572
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
No, no Gerard - the picture in the link is a Lotus 19!

I posted it for comparison to the pictures in the puzzle, to which it bears little resemblance!

The Healey is a 100 'S' by the way, seeing as you asked! The smaller, oval shaped grille sets it apart from any other Healey.
I think the 100s may well be the one raced with great success by Derek Shale, in the Autosport Championship. (Perhaps JT will know)
Old 4 Feb 2024, 17:11 (Ref:4195071)   #2573
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Thanks Paul! My bad, should know that, I love this car. Knowing Boobool, the answer could be Donald! As to the #60 is it a Triumph or a Standard or something else? Jags are 7 and 140, right?
Old 4 Feb 2024, 21:08 (Ref:4195088)   #2574
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Quote:
Thanks Paul! My bad, should know that, I love this car. Knowing Boobool, the answer could be Donald! As to the #60 is it a Triumph or a Standard or something else? Jags are 7 and 140, right?

Yes Gerard, I believe you're correct on the Jags, and Standard 10 as far as I can ascertain for the grey one.

But Bob seems to be muddying the waters now, as his last post appears to be referring back to the previous (all Lotus) puzzle. I suspect he's deliberately trying to confuse us!

But there's no 19 in that one either! That is a 23: the 19 had a Kamm tail, only the 23 had those characteristic triangular shaped cut-outs at the rear...

Bob's trying to fry our brains!
Old 5 Feb 2024, 01:22 (Ref:4195106)   #2575
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes Gerard, I believe you're correct on the Jags, and Standard 10 as far as I can ascertain for the grey one.

But Bob seems to be muddying the waters now, as his last post appears to be referring back to the previous (all Lotus) puzzle. I suspect he's deliberately trying to confuse us!

But there's no 19 in that one either! That is a 23: the 19 had a Kamm tail, only the 23 had those characteristic triangular shaped cut-outs at the rear...

Bob's trying to fry our brains!
Listen, mate, I'm more confused than you are, and I set the puzzle

There was a Lotus-Bristol Mk10, I have little idea about any other of Chapman's wonder cars. All I know is that they were an odd lot, and I don't believe he had anything to do with with he Standard 10. He just copied the number for his next model as he was useless at hard sums.
Whoever fried your brain did so long before my contribution to your insanity.

Puzzled.