Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 10 Mar 2004, 13:37 (Ref:900841)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a few more, stefan

nightpits

nightpits2

nightpits3

nightpits4

nightpits5

I always plan on spending about an hour on the tribunes in front of the pits with the camera on the tripod waiting for cars to come in for pit stops. Sometimes they turn out OK, sometimes not. Like eveything else, really....
Old 10 Mar 2004, 14:49 (Ref:900925)   #27
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like the first and last of those. You really get a sense of the frantic work going on.

If only you could get on to the pit wall.

I might try some of those at the classic this year.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 16:58 (Ref:901027)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, that'd be good stefan. Unfortunately, I kmissed out on a lot of the night action at the Classic in 02 and I won't be there this year.....
Old 15 Mar 2004, 18:44 (Ref:906202)   #29
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
There's always multiple exposure though.....

lotsa
hard to say who was the first to brake ...
Old 15 Mar 2004, 19:51 (Ref:906255)   #30
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time i went (2002) i barely took any night shots - the exception being a black and white one of the Goh Audi on the start straight, taken on Ilord Delta 3200 (wonderful film!)

Last year, quite a few more and i have plans for loads of night shots in June.

One from 2003, under the lights at the Dunlop esses:
Attached Thumbnails
ferrari.jpg  

Last edited by gi_gav; 15 Mar 2004 at 19:52.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 22:25 (Ref:918453)   #31
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I battle getting good pics of moving cars during the day!!!! Im not even going to attempt night shots!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Cougar21; 24 Mar 2004 at 22:25.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 25 Mar 2004, 21:13 (Ref:919494)   #32
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never had the opportunity for night shots before but I will do for the first time this year - Spa 24 Hours.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 25 Mar 2004, 22:00 (Ref:919536)   #33
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmmmm Spa at night, FUN!
Old 25 Mar 2004, 23:46 (Ref:919652)   #34
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if my pathetic first attemps at Sebring were anything to go by, GET A TRIPOD.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 26 Mar 2004, 08:16 (Ref:919876)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If you want decenlt light-trail type shots, you will need a tripod.

Its great fun to try, but for the ordinary spectator, you really must be prepared for loads of disappointment. Debris fencing ruins night shooting and you need to get to those few places these days where you can somehow avoid it. It always makes me smile when I see flashes going off on little compact cameras all over the place - plenty of disappointment there....

I won't be taking a flash gun to Le Mans this year, but I will be taking low-light shots, now that I have the 10D and can fiddle with the "film speed" to my heart's content.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 09:05 (Ref:919896)   #36
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It always makes me smile when I see flashes going off on little compact cameras all over the place - plenty of disappointment there....
But they do help create that wonderful atmosphere!

Worth trying things out though - you don't need a flash or tripod if you've got better on track lighting, as in my Ferrari one above, taken from the spectator banking at the Esses down from the Dunlop bridge.

Remember you've got a year to wait til the next one, so try all you can!
Old 26 Mar 2004, 12:36 (Ref:920039)   #37
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Debris fencing ruins night shooting ...
very often daylight shooting as well
Old 26 Mar 2004, 16:32 (Ref:920235)   #38
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to Red Gate last year at the FIAGT race at Donington to find it completely in catch fencing - that ruined that plan!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 26 Mar 2004, 17:22 (Ref:920277)   #39
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thursday night practice shots from Sebring (hopefully the race pics get up by the weekend)...

http://www.racingfanatics.com/Sebring04/martinnite.htm

Enjoy...

Martin
Old 26 Mar 2004, 23:16 (Ref:920676)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav

Remember you've got a year to wait til the next one, so try all you can!

True enough. And now I don't need to worry about loading film, even better!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 21:30 (Ref:925678)   #42
TMS
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, i have not had a chance to get motorsport at night except sprint cars in Brisbane....they were ok, but I need some more time and practise. I got some brilliant shots at last years clipsal 500 for the konica v8 supercar race right at the end of the day. i was panning with a fence in the way, but had the shutter speed set low enough to elimiante the vertical lines and get the brakes glowing red. Unfortunatly, my web site just went down so I cant show them. Oh, and that shot of forest elbow at bathurst is great too.

I will be getting some this year as I am travelling europe and going to Le Mans. Cant wait. maybe i will see some of you guys there late in the night!
Old 1 Apr 2004, 05:25 (Ref:925975)   #43
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
take a camera!

this, folks is what happens when we don't use a tripod.
Attached Thumbnails
mosleresses.jpg  
Old 1 Apr 2004, 05:27 (Ref:925978)   #44
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is what happens when you DO use the correct equipment (in this case, a concret wall, but hey, it works)
Attached Thumbnails
dunlop bridge2.jpg  
Old 1 Apr 2004, 07:20 (Ref:926033)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England

Seriously excellent!
Old 1 Apr 2004, 07:22 (Ref:926035)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by pplater
this is what happens when you DO use the correct equipment (in this case, a concret wall, but hey, it works)

You're not wrong there. I've used the retaining wall at the front of the tribunes and the timer on the camera before now. Tripod is generally easier though - its a pain to lug around at night, but when you've been doing it for the best part of 15 years, you get used to it!
Old 1 Apr 2004, 09:00 (Ref:926117)   #47
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The tarmac of the Le Mans Bugatti circuit makes quite a good tripod too...

Old 1 Apr 2004, 13:01 (Ref:926298)   #48
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
that photo is soooo aesthetic.
Nice.
Is that a porsche?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 13:12 (Ref:926309)   #49
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
Oh yes, it's a 904. Mid-engined and designed by Ferdidnand 'Butzi' Porsche - who also penned the 911.

Here are a couple more...

The others are at...

Le Mans Classic 2002
Old 1 Apr 2004, 13:30 (Ref:926335)   #50
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Ford GT40 and Ferrari 330.

I like this game.
Fan-bloody-tastic sky in the ferrari photo. wow.

le mans is so awesome. I must go sometime.