Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 25 Jan 2004, 12:50 (Ref:849950)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speed Challenge: JV's Racing Vision is surprisingly good

When I bought Speed Challenge: Jacques Villeneuve's Racing Vision, I didn't quite know what to expect. Would it be a ****ty game or would it give me a good time?

Fortunately for me, a Jacques fan, it's been the latter.
The game handles pretty realistically, even though it has futuristic looks.

Interesting features are engines getting to 21.000 rpm and the car fixing itself while racing.

The AI is quite well designed, they race you hard and they do crash among them as well. They are neither all very fast or all very slow, there's always a backmarker and always two or three very good AI cars.

The only not good thing is racing on the rain. You have to be very very careful and run at almost ridiculously slow speeds, but that's the only fault really.

There's also a menu of special challenges, apart from a normal championship. There you can run on quicker or slower tracks, at night, without TC, with an oversteering or understeering condition...

It's really creative, and something out of the normal, so I'd recommend anyone to get it to get away a bit from the more realistic games.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 13:44 (Ref:849988)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it for the PC or PS2?
Old 25 Jan 2004, 14:04 (Ref:849999)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's for the PS2 and I think the highest score I saw it get was a 3/10.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 14:39 (Ref:850010)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Speed Challenge: JV's Racing Vision is surprisingly good

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi

Interesting features are engines getting to 21.000 rpm and the car fixing itself while racing.

That's sounds like a Ferrari development to me.

On Schumacher's car only, not Barrichello's.......
Old 25 Jan 2004, 16:21 (Ref:850068)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know about PS2, Xbox or Game Cube, but it could happen that the game is **** on other platforms and performs better on the PC (yes ASCII, it's for PC's too).

There is no inkling of Jacques anywhere in the game, so you can still play it if you don't like it. It's just his ideas, not a game based on him.

PS: The cars in the game run on proper racing tyres - slicks.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 17:58 (Ref:850140)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it really his ideas? Surely its the usual case of the developers paying JV to use his name and pic on the box? The fact that there is nothing of him in the game would seem to bear that out.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 21:19 (Ref:850266)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
On the game box it says: "The driving force behind it is the imagination of Jacques Villeneuve, racing champion" and also "Technical and Content Consultant: JV and Jock Clear"

That may mean a lot of things, but I suppose that at least, he's given them pointers as to how the game should be to be something reasonable. Who knows, you should ask Jacques, or Ubi Soft for that...