Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 12 Jul 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1654655)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Replica Helmets

Not something I ever expected to want to buy, but...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AYRTON-SENNA-1...QQcmdZViewItem

That is just sooo cool! Would look awesome in a glass case on top of the display cabinet housing my Ayrton Senna 1:18 collection.

Not that I intend splashing THAT much cash, but has anyone actually bought one of these things? Are they worth the money? Do they look authentic?
Old 13 Jul 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1655118)   #2
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
They do look good don't they.

Like you i'd want to chat with someone who's bought one from him.

I checked out his feedback and a little alarm went off cos it's mostly from one seller and the times are virtually all the same. Probably nothing though.

Thats not to say that this guy is anything other than trustworthy and above board.

I still want one though.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1655159)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How much would be cost to just get an old helmet painted up by a UK based artist? It would be a good centre piece to a Senna themed collection.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1655170)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
there are a few issues with wrong fonts (castrol on the Senna Williams is the recent font not the old one) and stuff like that, but they are very cheap really
Old 13 Jul 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1655458)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well spotted, rescue dude, that is a little odd! Though it doesn't really make *that* much difference as all those positive feedback marks only actually count for one point in the overall feedback score.

And, yes, that is something that I'd definately be on the lookout for, Andy, it's something that I hate to see. If they're supposed to be replicas then they should be a replica, not something based loosely on the original.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 02:31 (Ref:1655813)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
some of the lines are a bit wobbley as well, but for the money they arent bad. You'd pay that for the paintjob without the helmet IMHO.

I assume the helmets aren't useable. No info on Snell numbers etc
Old 14 Jul 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1655944)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A mate of mine in Rochdale has one and frankly it was rubbish. They aren't official ones, so qulaity varies. And if you are pernickety over details, I wouldn't bother.

However, from a distance, I'd imagine most would look great.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1656736)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That's the thing, isn't it, finding a good one. As they aren't offiicial there are no controls over the standard of the thing I guess the only way is to find one in the UK and go look at it.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 08:27 (Ref:1663964)   #9
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
The first thing i look for when seeing a Senna helmet is to see if it has "painted by Sid" on it.

Sid was the guy who painted all Senna's helmets and still does replicas.

Yes they are expensive but you can't buy better.