Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Oct 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2565378)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Support Spa Francorchamps Circuit - Petition Includes F1 thread.

Well,this bunch of Greens have got their nasty little mind's set against the Best Circuit in the world.Worst of it is that the 'Leader' of the group,a woman,lives next door to the circuit---------in Sankt Vith!!!
Someone else,apparently a retired Brussels businessman has stuck his nose in as well.According to the 'Sources',the circuit has the License Revoked on the Thursday before the Six Hour because of these people,bearing in mind that the License was valid until 2026.
Considering the Wallonia Government have invested something like 15,000,000 Euros into the new,privately owned Hotel at La Source,not to mention the F1 Pit Complex,what chance do these people have of restricting events such as the 6Hr,Summer Classic etc.I doubt they will get too far with the GP seeing as the income locally from that alone is possibly worth 15% of the local population's annual takings,depending on services offered. The case continues to be discussed in Brussels.I think Berni needs to dip his hand in his pocket and by these morons a one way ticket for the next Moon trip!!!
Old 20 Oct 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2565392)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got a link to this Terry? Also I think this is wider than Histo so will move it to Trcakside.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2565468)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is one,I got it over the phone this morning. I shall check and put the link up.
There are a few different takes on this in various articles but this is supposed to be the most accurate. http://clubarnage.com/forum/index
I know this has been bubbling away for a few years now,but it doe's make for interesting reading.

Last edited by terence; 20 Oct 2009 at 14:05.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2565546)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I can't get the link to work Terry.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2565548)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think its this one. http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=10033.0 This is a competitor forum but as it is relevant to the thread then it can stay.

That said this particular conversation is a few weeks old so have we any new info Terry?
Old 20 Oct 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2565678)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The hearing in Brussels has been interrupted a few times by all accounts.Lawyers behind the scenes etc [probably behaving as they do just to milk it!].Should find out more before the end of this week though.Really cant see that these bloody people can possibly win though,there is a growing movement to run the circuit as often as possible by most of the local trader's. Was going to suggest a poll that could be taken over [I'm there from the 3rd Nov for 3 or 4 day's],doesn't seem to be much interest though.
I did think it a little strange that I get a text at 8 in the morning telling me that there is definately no testing next day [Thursday] then I got another at 22.35 telling me its all sorted!.Perhaps there is just one interest with these people,they want buying off!!
Old 21 Oct 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2566517)   #7
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.defendonsfrancorchamps.be...corchamps.html

If you want to support the track, fill out this petition.
Click on the green "je desire signer..." and fill out your name in the first column, first name in the second column, address and so on.
Tick the little box at the bottom (je desire...).
Not to worry, addresses are not shown. Just over 3000 have signed already.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2566567)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thanks Eddy,been trying to find that! Can the link be put into a more prominent thread Mod's??
Old 22 Oct 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2566900)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
With apologies to trackside mods I've edited the thread title and made it sticky.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2566954)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thanks Peter,Hopefully this will generate a few more signatures,the count so far is just over 3700 apparently.Seeing as this has also gone to Germany,Holland and France,it'll be interesting to see the final number.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2566983)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The geographical spread may meke them realise what "pulling power" the circuit has.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2566988)   #12
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Done - 3800+ now
Old 22 Oct 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2567006)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The geographical spread may meke them realize what "pulling power" the circuit has.

Yes,Exactly.Although I cannot imagine these people ever winning their case to lessen track activity,always best to give people over here the chance to help do something for their favorite circuit,plus of course the people living in the area who are Dependant on the circuit for their livelihoods.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2567020)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone noticed how dear little B & B's are near circuits these venues have to be good for the local economy, I really do not understand these people. I will sign.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2567031)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Good man Al,every single one helps.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2567037)   #16
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Done 3852
Old 22 Oct 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2567150)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
4093- the momentum is building!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2567160)   #18
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Done - 4014 now
Old 22 Oct 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2567165)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Um, 4093 down to 4014. Impressive stuff.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2567179)   #20
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back on the right track - up to 4154 now!
Old 22 Oct 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2567193)   #21
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Um, 4093 down to 4014. Impressive stuff.
Now you know why I never make any money!!!

Should have been 4114.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2567207)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Good stuff! Keep it going.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 06:46 (Ref:2568454)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Figure is now at 5970,more to follow today?
Old 26 Oct 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2570104)   #24
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Figure is now at 5970,more to follow today?
Terry over 9000 signatures now at

http://www.defendonsfrancorchamps.be/petition-track-circuit-racing-track-spa-francorchamps.html

Others may also wish to see the background at

http://www.historic-motor-racing-new...francorchamps/
Old 26 Oct 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2570156)   #25
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just signed, 10160!!