Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jan 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2106818)   #176
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Sportscarguy08 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
David,

I have a question for you. If C6R #1 is with Carsport, #2 is with PSI, #3 & #4 are with LAA, & #5 & #6 are off to Phoenix and SRT, that leaves Corvette Racing with only #7 & #8. What will they do for a back-up if they have a mishap like last year at PLM? Is there a #9 hiding somewhere?

DK
I think your chassis are mixed up my friend. Here is the list of C6Rs:
#1-Carsport(2005 #3 ALMS)
#2-PSI (2005 #4 ALMS)
#3-not sold (2006 #3 ALMS)
#4-LAA (2006 #4 ALMS)
#5-not sold (2007 #3 ALMS)
#6-LAA (2007 #4 ALMS)
#7-Pratt&Miller (2008 #3 ALMS)
#8-Pratt&Miller (2008 #4 ALMS)

I doubt SRT will get the 5 chassis...My friend works for Corvette Motorsport so he will let me know when any news on the teams is announced
Old 15 Jan 2008, 22:50 (Ref:2106934)   #177
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I don't think anyone has put this up yet, but Corvette Racing will be using E85 for fuel next year.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/01...tte-goes-cell/
Hello??? the ALMS teams use VP Racing Fuels E90 last year. the new E85 VP Racing Fuel is no where near the street E85 grade fuel.

Dont confuse E85 race fuel and E85 street fuel.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 02:09 (Ref:2107011)   #178
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
Proof that the IMSA is as obtuse to the point of moronics as any goverment agency,and the EPA is one of the most inept.

At a time when the "greenies" are starting to launch serious attacks against the ethanol lobby, which does zero for the emssions but is causing huge strife for the food supply, whilst draining the already lacking of water and causing the greater use of fertilizer, which is fouling existing water supplies.
There was a bit on NPR just recently which quiped that new technology could use of more of the entire plant, to which the green reply was, that means even more fertilizer, as the plant that acts as fertilizer ,will no longer be plowed into the ground.

Stupidity has just rewards; heaven help us.

Bob
Bob, while I do share your general displeasure with Ethanol (as a fuel, not as a beverage), it will be interesting to see what the new ALMS (VP Racing Vuels) is made of. The new technology you mention is 'cellulostic ethanol' and you are right, you can use the whole plant. But that is a good thing, because that means you don't have to use corn, in fact because of the energies involved in planting/fertilizing/harvesting corn annually, corn actually isn't a good candidate for cellulostic production. Instead the idea is to be albe to use crops which don't need much (if any) fertilizer for years at a time and don't need to be replanted on an annual basis, such as: switch grass or bamboo, even willow trees could be used!
Hopefully cellulostic ethanol can become more popular and replace corn based distillation.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 02:12 (Ref:2107012)   #179
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Hello??? the ALMS teams use VP Racing Fuels E90 last year. the new E85 VP Racing Fuel is no where near the street E85 grade fuel.

Dont confuse E85 race fuel and E85 street fuel.
I think the ALMS fuel last year was E10. From the ALMS press release:

"Last year, the Ethanol Promotion and Information Council and VP Racing Fuels introduced E10 (10 percent ethanol, 90 percent gasoline) to all other manufacturers. This year, the series and its partners also will offer E85 to competitors in addition to E10; the E85 is a second-generation, cellulosic ethanol made from waste material (Competition, Dec. 3, 2007)."

Does anybody know if teams using the E85 fuel will be allowed to have a larger fuel tank to compensate for lost fuel efficiency?
Old 16 Jan 2008, 04:15 (Ref:2107037)   #180
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
Bob, while I do share your general displeasure with Ethanol (as a fuel, not as a beverage), it will be interesting to see what the new ALMS (VP Racing Vuels) is made of. The new technology you mention is 'cellulostic ethanol' and you are right, you can use the whole plant. But that is a good thing, because that means you don't have to use corn, in fact because of the energies involved in planting/fertilizing/harvesting corn annually, corn actually isn't a good candidate for cellulostic production. Instead the idea is to be albe to use crops which don't need much (if any) fertilizer for years at a time and don't need to be replanted on an annual basis, such as: switch grass or bamboo, even willow trees could be used!
Hopefully cellulostic ethanol can become more popular and replace corn based distillation.
The corn lobby is spending huge sums to fight any type of switch, and if there is a switch sugar beets would be about as close to a practical source as there would be, but that still puts acres out of production that does absolutely zero for the imagined problems that the greenie morons are have snit-fits about.(x million acres of grass that is not good for anything else is an absolute waste of acreage)
I listen to farm radio more than rarely and anyone here who wants to see what the ethanol boys are saying, find a station that broadcasts farm news AND LISTEN.
If you believe their dogma, then you probably believe there is a pill that turns water into gasoline.

If the racing fuel is fifteen percent alcohol, it is fifteen percent alcohol period.

This its not street E85 makes not difference, it is fifteen percent alcohol no matter how you look at it.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 05:18 (Ref:2107049)   #181
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
Does anybody know if teams using the E85 fuel will be allowed to have a larger fuel tank to compensate for lost fuel efficiency?
Yes, 110L as opposed to 100L for non-E85 runners.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2107503)   #182
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscarguy08
I think your chassis are mixed up my friend. Here is the list of C6Rs:
#1-Carsport(2005 #3 ALMS)
#2-PSI (2005 #4 ALMS)
#3-not sold (2006 #3 ALMS)
#4-LAA (2006 #4 ALMS)
#5-not sold (2007 #3 ALMS)
#6-LAA (2007 #4 ALMS)
#7-Pratt&Miller (2008 #3 ALMS)
#8-Pratt&Miller (2008 #4 ALMS)

I doubt SRT will get the 5 chassis...My friend works for Corvette Motorsport so he will let me know when any news on the teams is announced
The information was from David Palmeter's Web-site not my own surmise. I believe he is quite accurate in his posts regarding the racing Corvettes. In any event, he answered my question regarding whether there would be a back-up car this year.

DK
Old 16 Jan 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2107528)   #183
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
The information was from David Palmeter's Web-site not my own surmise. I believe he is quite accurate in his posts regarding the racing Corvettes. In any event, he answered my question regarding whether there would be a back-up car this year.

DK
Its ok, I was not trying to correct you, my friend just informed me differently....

Does anyone know if they will require onboard cameras this year? I know they did in 2005 but later they stopped mandating it because of the move away from eurosport coverage....
Old 20 Jan 2008, 06:40 (Ref:2109719)   #184
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
The corn lobby is spending huge sums to fight any type of switch, and if there is a switch sugar beets would be about as close to a practical source as there would be, but that still puts acres out of production that does absolutely zero for the imagined problems that the greenie morons are have snit-fits about.(x million acres of grass that is not good for anything else is an absolute waste of acreage)
I listen to farm radio more than rarely and anyone here who wants to see what the ethanol boys are saying, find a station that broadcasts farm news AND LISTEN.
If you believe their dogma, then you probably believe there is a pill that turns water into gasoline.

If the racing fuel is fifteen percent alcohol, it is fifteen percent alcohol period.

This its not street E85 makes not difference, it is fifteen percent alcohol no matter how you look at it.
To clarify; I had the alcohol and gasoline reversed.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2125007)   #185
Bob Riebe
Veteran

There is some hope, the P&M people are on Horsepower TV this morning.

If the IMSA people would do more to pull in the crowd that follows such shows, they actually might get somewhere.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 02:18 (Ref:2129297)   #186
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"14/02/2008: Phoenix Carsport to double up their Corvettes for 2008 !
Phoenix Carsport have announced their plans for the 2008 season on their web site.

The team stated that "Phoenix Carsport will see the addition of both a second C6R Corvette as well as 2 new drivers." The 001 chassis, which raced in the FIA GT Championship last year, will be raced by the all-Swiss line-up of Marcel Fässler and Jean Denis Delatraz.

The second car, which was the chassis 005 from the 2007 ALMS season, will be shared by Mike Hezemans - leading the FIA GT Championship in races and pole positions - and 2004 Champion Fabrizio Gollin. All four drivers were victorious in the 2007 edition of the Total 24 Hours of Spa.

GMAC have also announced that they will be partnering the team as one of the main sponsors."

From the FIA GT site.

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 15 Feb 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2129365)   #187
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Does this good news mean that Phoenix Carsport is going to be some sort of a semi works team?
Does anyone know if they have applied for Le Mans ?
They could give the Pratt&Miller team some very good and needed backup and they have shown that they can also win a 24 hour race.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2129470)   #188
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon they will have semi-works status . GM are supporting them with sponsors , so I would expect something else to go along with that too .

As the Lola Audi is now finished , I would expect to see their Corvette at Le Mans ...... those 21 entries came from somewhere .
Old 15 Feb 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2129598)   #189
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
"
GMAC have also announced that they will be partnering the team as one of the main sponsors."

Isn't GMAC a bank in europe, were GMAC in the US is a Auto finace / motgage / insurance company / Realestate Franchise companies?

Anyway that is great news for the team
Old 15 Feb 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2129724)   #190
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Isn't GMAC a bank in europe, were GMAC in the US is a Auto finace / motgage / insurance company / Realestate Franchise companies?

Anyway that is great news for the team
No. It is all part of the same umbrella group. link

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I reckon they will have semi-works status . GM are supporting them with sponsors , so I would expect something else to go along with that too .

As the Lola Audi is now finished , I would expect to see their Corvette at Le Mans ...... those 21 entries came from somewhere .
It will be interesting to see what level of extra support this garners for Pheonix/Carsport from GM/P&M if any.
I would tend to agree that this is one of those teams that is a likely candidate to be of the 21 entries applied for in GT-1, but there is the Adria race just 6 days after LeMans so??

L.P.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2129773)   #191
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Phoenix Carsport semi-factory team in FIA GT and Luc Alphand semi-factory team in LMS?
Old 15 Feb 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2129835)   #192
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
"14/02/2008: Phoenix Carsport to double up their Corvettes for 2008 !
Phoenix Carsport have announced their plans for the 2008 season on their web site.

The team stated that "Phoenix Carsport will see the addition of both a second C6R Corvette as well as 2 new drivers." The 001 chassis, which raced in the FIA GT Championship last year, will be raced by the all-Swiss line-up of Marcel Fässler and Jean Denis Delatraz.

The second car, which was the chassis 005 from the 2007 ALMS season, will be shared by Mike Hezemans - leading the FIA GT Championship in races and pole positions - and 2004 Champion Fabrizio Gollin. All four drivers were victorious in the 2007 edition of the Total 24 Hours of Spa.

From the FIA GT site.

This is good to hear from Corvette. I first saw this story on Corvette Motorsports website yesterday...soon followed by others. A press release should be out later with more details.

The 005 car is still in detroit. Not sure when it will be shipped to EU.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2129925)   #193
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
001-Phoenix Carsport (2005 #3 ALMS)
002-PSI (2005 #4 ALMS)
003-LAA (2006 #3 ALMS) according to the official LMS 2008 entry-list
004-LAA (2006 #4 ALMS) according to the official LMS 2008 entry-list
005-Phoenix Carsport (2007 #3 ALMS)
006-not sold (2007 #4 ALMS)
007-Pratt&Miller (2008 #3 ALMS)
008-Pratt&Miller (2008 #4 ALMS)
Old 16 Feb 2008, 01:45 (Ref:2130000)   #194
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD
001-Phoenix Carsport (2005 #3 ALMS)
002-PSI (2005 #4 ALMS)
003-LAA (2006 #3 ALMS) according to the official LMS 2008 entry-list
004-LAA (2006 #4 ALMS) according to the official LMS 2008 entry-list
005-Phoenix Carsport (2007 #3 ALMS)
006-not sold (2007 #4 ALMS)
007-Pratt&Miller (2008 #3 ALMS)
008-Pratt&Miller (2008 #4 ALMS)
Wasn't there a rumor that #6 went to SRT?

DK
Old 16 Feb 2008, 03:56 (Ref:2130024)   #195
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To clarify; I had the alcohol and gasoline reversed.

Man, I HATE it when I do that!!!

Last edited by porsche45; 16 Feb 2008 at 04:02.
Old 16 Feb 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2130189)   #196
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
006 = Corvette team Spare car
Old 17 Feb 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2130897)   #197
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what do you think about the new Phoenix Carsport team ?

they seems pretty strong, stronger than the factory supported LAA of the LMS, I whish they do Le Mans, last year they won Spa 24 Hours
Old 17 Feb 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2130950)   #198
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
what do you think about the new Phoenix Carsport team ?

they seems pretty strong, stronger than the factory supported LAA of the LMS, I whish they do Le Mans, last year they won Spa 24 Hours
With all of the GT1 entries sent in this year, I have a hunch we may be seeing them at Le Mans this year. Certainly the same driver team & car that won Spa last year would be considered a contender for GT1 victory at Le Mans this year!

DK
Old 20 Feb 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2133567)   #199
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
08 Driver line-up to stay the same. The Ollies and Max in the #4 and Johnny, Jan and Ron in the #3. link

L.P.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2133698)   #200
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Also the new livery. link

L.P.