Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Oct 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2557175)   #26
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
A cut down, strangled MC12...
Now that the best Vettes and DBR9s are gone, we get to see the MC-12 compete at the 24h. Seems kind of anti-climatic. Would have been something special to see the Prodrive DBR9s, the Corvette Racing Bad Boys and Vitaphone MC-12s on the same track at the same time. One can only wonder and lament.

DK
Old 9 Oct 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2557271)   #27
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Now that the best Vettes and DBR9s are gone, we get to see the MC-12 compete at the 24h. Seems kind of anti-climatic. Would have been something special to see the Prodrive DBR9s, the Corvette Racing Bad Boys and Vitaphone MC-12s on the same track at the same time. One can only wonder and lament.

DK
I'd always felt the ACO made the right call in shutting out the MC12, but reading this I can't help but agree - it was sad to see the last proper Corvette burnout at the finish this year, and it would have been great to see the MC12 there, with a real full GT1 grid (a proper Lamborghini, well sorted Saleen etc) at some stage in the past few years.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2557335)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The ACO are obviously confident that they will attract a good number of competative private GT1 cars, so lets keep our fingers crossed that someone enters at least one of each of the big players from the last few years, afterall what else are these cars going to do. GT1 might be the surprise of the 2010 race it could well be the race we always hoped it would be.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2557875)   #29
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The ACO are obviously confident that they will attract a good number of competative private GT1 cars, so lets keep our fingers crossed that someone enters at least one of each of the big players from the last few years, afterall what else are these cars going to do. GT1 might be the surprise of the 2010 race it could well be the race we always hoped it would be.
You want to hope that that is the case, but it just seems you won't see the best from those cars unless Corvette Racing, Prodrive, etc. are involved and that appears highly unlikely as they've moved on to other pursuits. However, LAA, vs. Vitaphone vs. PeKa vs. JetAlliance vs. Gigawave...Hey haven't we seen that at Spa the last few years?

DK
Old 10 Oct 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2558303)   #30
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, almost! I was there in 2007, and THEN we had all that. And more. If we got a race like that at LM, hell, that sells the tickets even if Pug and Audi pull out... Somebody get Wendlinger and Sharp signed up for a DBR9 ASAP? Please?
Old 14 Oct 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2561289)   #31
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette should try to win both classes GT1 and GT2.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2569177)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any of you guys managed to put together a list of possible entries please ?

Im really hoping to see that LMP2 Acura , I reckon its the most exciting LMP2 for ages .
Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2569180)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
Corvette should try to win both classes GT1 and GT2.
I certainly hope they try to .

Be great to see 2 decent DBR9 , 2 Saleens , 2 C6R and MC12 for the final fling .....

Hope to see at least 3 C6R GT2 there too . Hopefully a Beemer , a few decent Porsche and Ferrari with a couple of Spykers too

I reckon GT1 and GT2 will be absolutly brilliant next year . There will still be the harping over petrol and diesel and LMP2 should be pretty good too .

Just hope the rain holds off again , it was pretty good this year .
Old 26 Oct 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2570115)   #34
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
list with invitations are out...

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-2783.html

LM P1

FRA Peugeot Sport Total Peugeot 908 HDi FAP 1e 24 Heures du Mans
FRA Team Peugeot Total Peugeot 908 HDi FAP 2e 24 Heures du Mans
GBR Aston Martin Racing Lola-Aston Martin 1e Le Mans Series
FRA Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo LMP1 2e Le Mans Series
USA Patron-Highcroft Racing Acura ARX-02a 1e ALMS
FRA Team Peugeot Total Peugeot 908 HDi FAP 1e Petit Le Mans

LM P2

DNK Team Essex Porsche RS Spyder 1e 24 Heures du Mans
CH Speedy Racing Sebah* Lola B08/80 2e 24 Heures du Mans
POR Quifel-ASM Team Ginetta-Zytek 09S 1e Le Mans Series
CH Speedy Racing Team Sebah* Lola B08/80 2e Le Mans Series
MEX Fernandez Racing** Acura ARX-01b 1e ALMS
USA Dyson Racing** Lola-Mazda 1e Petit Le Mans
CH Speedy Racing Team Sebah* Lola B08/80 Michelin Green X

LM GT1

USA Corvette Racing Corvette C6.R 1e 24 Heures du Mans
FRA Luc Alphand Aventures Corvette C6.R 2e 24 Heures du Mans
FRA Luc Alphand Aventures Corvette C6.R 1e Le Mans Series
FRA Larbre Compétition Saleen S7-R 2e Le Mans Series
GER Vitaphone Racing Maserati MC12 1e FIA-GT
BEL PK Racing Corvette C6.R 2e FIA-GT

LM GT2

USA Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 1e 24 Heures du Mans
ITA BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari F430 2e 24 Heures du Mans
GER Team Felbermayr-Proton Porsche 997 GT3-RSR 1e Le Mans Series
GBR JMW Motorsport Ferrari F430 2e Le Mans Series
USA Flying Lizard Porsche 997 GT3-RSR 1e ALMS
USA Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 1e Petit Le Mans
ITA AF Corse Ferrari F430 1e FIA-GT2
BEL ProSpeed Competition Porsche 997 GT3-RSR 2e FIA-GT2
Old 26 Oct 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2570136)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well they will have to find a way to give the Audi's an invite otherwise there will be problems.

And three entries for the Speedy LMP2 thats a record and chances are speedy will concentrate on LMP1 in 2010.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2570145)   #36
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Audi needs an automatic invitation.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2570198)   #37
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
What? No JLOC Lamborghini?:
Old 26 Oct 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2570234)   #38
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still possible as there are two Japanese races left :P
Old 26 Oct 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2570236)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

I wonder what the odds are to see both LMP1 & LMP2 Acura's at Le Mans in 2010 ?

Highcroft said that they intended going , but with what ? Possibily they may be the sole Acura LMP1 team next year , and Straka will be there Im sure .
Old 26 Oct 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2570237)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Still possible as there are two Japanese races left :P
Wouldnt it be just typical that the Saleen and the Aston take each other out , and JLOC take the win and the coveted Le Mans entry .

I'd laugh me cock off at that !!!
Old 26 Oct 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2570312)   #41
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I wonder what the odds are to see both LMP1 & LMP2 Acura's at Le Mans in 2010 ?

Highcroft said that they intended going , but with what ? Possibily they may be the sole Acura LMP1 team next year , and Straka will be there Im sure .
Unless I've totally missed the boat, the LMP2 Acura (ex-Fernandez) and the Dyson Lola/Mazda ran under ALMS regs and NOT ACO and would be ineligible for the 24H. And there's only ONE Asian LeMans race which is this weekend, thus the class winners get the auto-invite for the 2010 24H.....please correct me if I am wrong on these points.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2570322)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

I think its only an aero issue with respect to the Acura LMP2 ?

Not sure about Dyson , but they wont be there anyway . They never are , even with a proven 24 hour chassis .
Old 26 Oct 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2570374)   #43
CPMW
Rookie

CPMW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dyson has the partnership with Mazda. It is very likely that Mazda wants to race at Le Mans. If the engine lasts, (a big if) they could have a chance at podium finish in LMP2 category, now that would provide much needed motivation to their miserable AER/Mazda engine program.

I have heard that after winning the 24 hours of Daytona in Grand-Am with Speedsource, they do want to attempt the bigger 24 hours event as well.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2570387)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

Somehow I cant see mazda forking out lots of wedge for a Dyson Lola , when It probably wont last ..... Mazda will already be represented by Oak Racing and possibily RML & KSM .

Be great to see Dyson at Le Mans . He hasnt been there since 1986 as a driver , but never as a team , yet .
Old 26 Oct 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2570388)   #45
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMW View Post
It is very likely that Mazda wants to race at Le Mans. If the engine lasts, (a big if) they could have a chance at podium finish in LMP2 category, now that would provide much needed motivation to their miserable AER/Mazda engine program.
That sounds remarkably similar to what Mazda achieved at Le Mans this year.

Old 27 Oct 2009, 00:06 (Ref:2570414)   #46
CPMW
Rookie

Quote:
Somehow I cant see mazda forking out lots of wedge for a Dyson Lola , when It probably wont last ..... Mazda will already be represented by Oak Racing and possibily RML & KSM .

Be great to see Dyson at Le Mans . He hasnt been there since 1986 as a driver , but never as a team , yet .
They have already invested heavily into the Lola, AER, LMP program. Since the demise of the hack job rotary powered C65, (which returned reasonable success due to lack of competition, and it costed nothing) they have poured tens of millions into the AER engine deal, a brand new Lola open top. BK, their ex partner was a small operation, I am going to assume all of these are paid by Mazdaspeed.

Of course this is nothing compared to what Audi and Acura spent, but Dyson racing is sort of like their "half-works" team right now. Definitely a level above Oak, RML + KSM in terms of partnership, they're just leasing engines. They could really make fans happy with a podium with Dyson.

P.S. sorry I didnt know Oak placed 3rd in LMP2 this year at LeMans. I'm less informed on the euro side as i am from the N.A. I was only aware of RML's Mazda deal, as the MZR-R sure stole the headlines.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2570429)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMW View Post
they have poured tens of millions into the AER engine deal, a brand new Lola open top.

P.S. sorry I didnt know Oak placed 3rd in LMP2 this year at LeMans
Tens of millions !!! ..... I reckon its a cheap way for Mazda to get represented in ALMS . I doubt they have spent so much on the project ?

I really dont see them as serious contenders at presant . The engine doesnt even have FSI , like Aston did have this year . Now , FSI would be serious indeed .

Oak Racing , they picked up the place , rather than fought for it . But a win is a win .
Old 27 Oct 2009, 00:26 (Ref:2570431)   #48
CPMW
Rookie

Quote:
Tens of millions !!! ..... I reckon its a cheap way for Mazda to get represented in ALMS . I doubt they have spent so much on the project ?

I really dont see them as serious contenders at presant . The engine doesnt even have FSI , like Aston did have this year . Now , FSI would be serious indeed .

Oak Racing , they picked up the place , rather than fought for it . But a win is a win .
I do believe that number is correct, that is just the AER engine deal alone. They said they would incorporate Mazda's DISI (Direct injection) system in 2007, but I do not believe it will come, at all. So right now, there is still no Mazda parts on the engine.

They really needed the 3 euro teams to lease their engine, to share cost and put mileage on the experiment.

They did go the cheap route to get represented in ALMS initially, they got a used C65, a 3-rotor engine that can go the whole season without rebuild (maybe just a little exaggerated) and got podium finishes every race in the 1st year. Then Porsche and Acura came...

Last edited by CPMW; 27 Oct 2009 at 00:31.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 02:29 (Ref:2570473)   #49
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think its only an aero issue with respect to the Acura LMP2 ?

Not sure about Dyson , but they wont be there anyway . They never are , even with a proven 24 hour chassis .
None of the ALMS cars ran an ACO spec wing.

Quote:

Agreed, although Chris raced with RML this year.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 03:58 (Ref:2570502)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

And also with RfH in a Dome Judd a few years back . But daddy stays away ?
Closed Thread