Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 May 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2683417)   #1
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Historic Tenthers on track.

I keep discovering photos taken mostly in recent years that depict identifiable 10 Tenther Historic racers, some of which are half presentable. There may be other shots of Tenthers that I don't know are Tenthers.

It seems a shame to leave them in my filing system but the opportunities to give them an airing are infrequent so I wondered if people would object to a thread on here? It seems the most appropriate place, being likley of specific interest to the historics followers who regularly post here.

They will be mostly Donington with the potential of a couple of Mallory meets and maybe the odd sundry shot from back in time.

Here are a couple af Al Weyman in the yellow Chevy to start the thread. MSVR meeting at Donington, Sept 2007.

Old 3 May 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2683716)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds good to me, Grant. Go for it!
Old 3 May 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2683788)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Sounds good to me, Grant. Go for it!
Thanks John.

Lets see what turns up. It's likely to be a rather random and chronologically fragmented contribution in terms of when the shots were taken and frequency of posting on my part.

If I miss any potential subjects who are known to have been at a meeting that has been covered here let me know how to ID them (or their car(s)) and I will see what I can find that might be worth posting.
Old 4 May 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2684220)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

dtype38 I think. 19th July 2008. 750 MC meeting as I recall. A rarely available angle for a shot at the esses.

While I am at it perhaps I should include this shot of delta here as well as the other thread.

Classic F3 race at Donington April 2007.
Old 4 May 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2684240)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

dtype38 I think. 19th July 2008. 750 MC meeting as I recall. A rarely available angle for a shot at the esses.
It's dtype38 but I think you may have the date and or meeting incorrect.
My mistake, it was the 750MC Thoroughbred sports car race.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 4 May 2010 at 13:14.
Old 4 May 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2684269)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It's dtype38 but I think you may have the date and or meeting incorrect.
My mistake, it was the 750MC Thoroughbred sports car race.
You had me worried there Tim. I was basing the date on the EXIF info in the file - plus my folder based filing system. Seems to have been a 2 day meeting and somehow I also found the energy to shoot a Brass band concert in the evening. Not sure how I managed that AND another day at Donington on the Sunday.
Old 4 May 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2684305)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It threw me when you said the 750mc, it's a meeting I missed due to breaking a crankshaft at Silverstone a few weeks before.
Old 4 May 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2684493)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Nice photos of the Chevy Grant, thanks for posting them up, she will be out this weekend again at Silverstone.
Old 5 May 2010, 06:16 (Ref:2684625)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

While I am at it perhaps I should include this shot of delta here as well as the other thread.

Classic F3 race at Donington April 2007.
Great Pic thanks Grant.
Old 5 May 2010, 06:20 (Ref:2684629)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice photos Grant,I seem to remember a few of someone at work in "The Office"?
Old 5 May 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2684643)   #11
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's one from Mallory last season.
Attached Thumbnails
mal-11-10-09-1.JPG  
Old 5 May 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2684791)   #12
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Nice photos Grant,I seem to remember a few of someone at work in "The Office"?
Quite right Terry, just a matter of discovering them as I try to rationalise the filing systems for the 'new' faster computer. I'll get there soon.

For some reason in the last 24hours I keep stumbling upon pics of Al's yellow Chevy that I didn't know I had. Sadly not too many of them were taken from advantageous positions. However I thought I had better spread the sharing a little in case it looked too much like a one Tenther benefit!
Old 5 May 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2684795)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Here's one from Mallory last season.
Nice capture Paddy.
Old 5 May 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2684797)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Nice capture Paddy.
I like that one as well
Old 5 May 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2684822)   #15
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I like that one as well
I got a few at that meeting Tim but this is the best. Into Gerards in the afternoon. I'd post more of people if i knew who they were and if they're in my collection.
Old 5 May 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2684827)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

It has occurred to me that I have a few images previously posted on other threads from which a few might be collected together here to provide a spread of coverage sooner rather than later. So here goes ....

Terry in the "Office", Masters meeting, May (?) 2009 at Donington.

Simon Drabble in the Merlyn at Silverstone

Some chap in an Elite at Silverstone.

Old 5 May 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2684834)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Marcus Mussa, Silverstone HSCC meeting (?) May 2009. A 2 for 1 deal here as Scott Temple is in car 19 following.

Marcus again, this time at Donington on 5th April 2009.

Old 9 May 2010, 00:40 (Ref:2686750)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

A year ago, almost to the day, the Masters event at Donington on 9th/10th May 2009 was a busy time for Roger Wills.

There seems to be a rather consistent style of exuberant motoring on display. Bravo!
Old 9 May 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2687508)   #19
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A year ago, almost to the day, the Masters event at Donington on 9th/10th May 2009 was a busy time for Roger Wills.

There seems to be a rather consistent style of exuberant motoring on display. Bravo!
Very kind Grant. Next time out is Brands at end of May. Can't wait.
Old 9 May 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2687528)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

It's always a joy to watch you enliven the proceedings Roger.

The Comet seems to have a special style that stands out amongst its peers and looks like great fun to drive tail-out. It offers tremendous photo opportunities at Redgate, it's just a pity that the background is so industrial at that angle.