Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1403626)   #1
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Spa-Francorchamps Qualifying

Spa-Francorchamps qualifying starts in 11 minutes. If it is a dry qualifying session it will probably be Räikkönen who gets pole.

Räikkönen hasn't had any engine problems yet!
Old 10 Sep 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1403630)   #2
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
It is currently dry and sunny at Spa.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1403639)   #3
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
What an extremly slow lap by Sato!
Old 10 Sep 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1403644)   #4
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol Poor mabs
Old 10 Sep 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1403647)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Those Williams look like they're jacked up on their springs a fair bit.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1403654)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two McLarens on the front row for the first time since.....
Old 10 Sep 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1403655)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Montoya pole!
Old 10 Sep 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1403658)   #8
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Button P8
Sato P10
Webber P9
Villeneuve P14
Old 10 Sep 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1403662)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
What an extremly slow lap by Sato!

Now qualifying is over we can see it was a very good lap.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1403691)   #10
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Two McLarens on the front row for the first time since.....
Yeah, impressive! Finally!
Old 10 Sep 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1403725)   #11
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have each other off in the first corner?
Old 10 Sep 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1403726)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It was Trulli's lap that really impressed me - how on earth did he gain 0.7s in ONE corner? Unbelievable!

McLaren are in a good position for the race, it's important for them to be out front to avoid any incidents at La Source, especially if it's wet (which, according to all forecasts, it will be).
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 10 Sep 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1403744)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By being better than his team-mate, perhaps?

Michael is well-placed in 6th, especially if it's very wet. It's interesting that a few teams ran wet set-ups - it's very hard to interpret the grid accurately until we know what happens tomorrow.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1403754)   #14
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
I have to agree with Ralf's Girl though. Trulli did an awesome lap, AGAIN. I still believe Renault would be better of with him rather than Fisi. Not that Fisi is not good, but imo Trulli is so much better.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1403777)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boots ... What teams ran wet setups ??

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Sep 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1403803)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
The Williams cars for sure were wet setup.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1403805)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sato looked to be biased towards wet settings, judging by his first sector. Unless I missed a mistake.

Immense lap from Montoya today. Perfect job. Now all McLaren need is the engines to last and I'm less confident Kimis will manage it considering it's been through the wringer at Monza and has done a fair few practice laps this weekend.

Montoyas engine has done about 20 laps including quali and I still wouldn't bet a penny on that living to see the chequered flag.

And then there's the weather. Something will stop a McLaren 1-2 this weekend, I'm quite sure of it!
Old 10 Sep 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1403806)   #18
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Something always stops a McLaren 1-2. Sometime it will happen though. It'll be ridiculous if the only 1-2 we have all season is the Ferrari 1-2 at Indy. Not that they weren't the best in the circumstances, but it was not really them winning as much as the others losing. (I hate how we have to explain ourselves everytime we mention the indy thing )
Old 10 Sep 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1403807)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah quite. But someone will jump on you if you don't!

Of course, I haven't mentioned Alonsos engine situation either which is also thought to be quite marginal.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1403854)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Jordans are definitely on full wet setups. Beyond that I'd say the cars which were relatively slow in the first sector (in which straight-line speed is most important) may well be. Rubens probably is, and perhaps the 2 Williams cars.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1403873)   #21
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
The Williams' cars were riding so high they have to be on a wet setup, look at the cars in the slow corners and see how much you can see beneath the body.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1403883)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I guess the smaller teams have nothing to lose by going against other teams due to set up for the race tommorrow on if it will be dry or wet espcially if they are unlikley usually to finish in the points.
We could see a repeat on Zonta last year however if they make 100%.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1403909)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
How was Q? I missed it!
Old 10 Sep 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1403912)   #24
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
The Jordans are definitely on full wet setups. Beyond that I'd say the cars which were relatively slow in the first sector (in which straight-line speed is most important) may well be. Rubens probably is, and perhaps the 2 Williams cars.
so that would be Ferrari, Toyota, Williams, Jordan .. McLaren is fast everywhere

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Sep 2005, 02:30 (Ref:1404056)   #25
mclaren_fanatic
Rookie

mclaren_fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great for both championships (and me) if Alonso doesnt finish this weekend and Kimi wins..... Oh please let this happen!!! I just wish Alonso was further down, lets see what Trulli can do!