Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Aug 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1989173)   #101
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 cars are usually £40 new Matt.

Ebay can knock these prices down a little usually.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 22:23 (Ref:1989184)   #102
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Ah, alright, not that much of a difference, since £40 is about $80. So, a $15 premium. I guess that could rack up after a long while, haha.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 22:06 (Ref:1989840)   #103
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was looking for a definitive list of all the JPM NASCAR models and found this site;- www.nascardiecast.com It's the only site I've found that lists all 6 known 1:24 models so far anyway.

A Big Red CoT would be nice if only for the comedy value Having said that; there's probably quite enough as it is for one season, especially as future liveries won't be that different if Texaco remain.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1991488)   #104
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Might as well show off my huge JPM collection. :P

Got it back in April.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1991995)   #105
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
J-C nice shots of the collection.

Is your FW25 a Minichamps? - Looks same as one i've got.

Display case thing works well, at present i've got mine on a rickety pine shelf unit!
Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:15 (Ref:1992003)   #106
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[ANORAK CORNER] That FW25 is indeed Minichamps as it has the Niquitin logos on it.[/ANORAK CORNER]

I really need a display case. Oh, BTW, got myself the Champcar in 1/18 finally. So that's all of them once the orange mac arrives this week!
Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:33 (Ref:1992025)   #107
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
[ANORAK CORNER] That FW25 is indeed Minichamps as it has the Niquitin logos on it.[/ANORAK CORNER]

I really need a display case. Oh, BTW, got myself the Champcar in 1/18 finally. So that's all of them once the orange mac arrives this week!
Nice!

Where did you purchase the Champ car from? I wouldn't mind ordering one up.

In fact in order I'd probably go for 1:18 MP4/20, a Champcar (either year would be nice) then the NASCAR although they're a little smaller right?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:37 (Ref:1992027)   #108
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah NASCAR are a little smaller.

I picked a Champcar up for £30 on eBay. Absolutely mint as well. Chuffed.

I had a link to a shop in Canada or America that was selling a new one but it was £60 so I don't know if you'd want to pay that. I'll try to find the link if you are wanting to pay over the odds, but it's best to look on eBay really.

I think you should get an order in for an orange Mac though. If they are limited like the MP4/20 testcars, they'll be scarce as snow in hell. Then again, you are probably sensible with money unlike Debt Boy here.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 14:47 (Ref:1992061)   #109
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-C
Thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my JPM 1:18/1:24 collection (plus the 1:43 Champcar). Hope these aren't too big for the forum.

Full-res

Full-res
Wow very nice!!
Old 20 Aug 2007, 12:31 (Ref:1992701)   #110
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Just for information; the display cabinet itself is the Detolf from Ikea (Link) The display case the Williams' are in is called the SuperMini (Link) which as you can see fits nicely on one of the shelves. I get the cases at the NEC/Donington swapmeets.

A lot of the display cabinets I've seen are extremely expensive; but the cabinet and cases are reasonably cost-effective - certainly I've no quibbles with the quality of either.

Chunterer, yep, as Knowsley spotted the FW25 along with all the other F1 cars in the display are Minichamps.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1992756)   #111
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the link, I just won some premium bonds so I guess I can order me some glass cabinets!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 16:14 (Ref:2000172)   #112
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh dear.

My Mac test cars should have arrived, but it turns out they have been sent to my old address as I made the pre-order many more moons ago than I thought.

Damn. Just hope they haven't been signed for and auctioned/thrown out. Just waiting for e-mail confirmation on this.

Yes, "cars" plural. Turns out I ordered the Kimi one too. Doh! Bad for my bank balance, it is going straight on eBay make no mistake.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 21:57 (Ref:2000439)   #113
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Problems here as well; my 1:18 Mac has been delayed although the one advantage is that it might mean the cost sneaks beyond next month's credit card bill! Probably not a bad thing as the 1:18 Champcar is on its way to me shortly (won on eBay) - the fun is now going to be in reorganising the display!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:06 (Ref:2022054)   #114
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
J-C, your rear QP lower decal is different to the one I got this weekend, I got mine from the JPM trailer, where did you get yours?
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:17 (Ref:2022065)   #115
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

How ironic is that. I was just looking at a picture of the 42 and thinking that the Havoline decal was the reverse of the model. The one JC has (and me) seem to have the 2006 arrangement.

Seems that there are models existing with the proper decals. Hmmm...
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2022081)   #116
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Actually no, I am talking rubbish. I think the cars me and J-C have are Busch liveried.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 01:40 (Ref:2022231)   #117
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
No, no. The 1:64 I got in April, has the same livery as you do. I am thinking, that this is a second half livery that I have purchased. It's missing the foil wrap "Techron" thing on the lower rear quarter panels, the Texaco star is on the other side of the ward "Havoline" on the rear quarters, and, the lower red line on the side is gone. Those are the three I have noticed from the start.

I am amazed with the detail this has, even for the "less detailed" version. Roof-flaps are functional, the window net is made of fabric, one of the radiator hoses is a small steel-braided line, and hell, even the driveshaft spins! If you can't tell, it's been a while since I've bought one, haha.

IIRC, the more expensive one, had hood tethers, among other things.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:21 (Ref:2022599)   #118
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Damnit I can't find this livery anywhere. Not on eBay or anywhere.

Couldn't do a little hunting around for me could you Matt? I need this car.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 16:27 (Ref:2022769)   #119
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Will do for ya Knowles. It also occoured to me, that the scheme on mine, is the same as the CoT. Error painted maybe? I will still look for you though!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 19:05 (Ref:2022876)   #120
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No, that is the Cup livery you have and it is correct. I checked the photos, it has been like that since Daytona.

The car I have is Busch liveried, with the location of the Texaco star and white bits on the bumper.

This, to detail freaks like me, is massively irritating.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:07 (Ref:2023016)   #121
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
I thought when I got the Texaco Charger the livery seemed to be slightly different from the Cup livery (the Big Red logo on the rear QP, the Texaco star placement, also to my eye the #42 on the side looks smaller than in reality - this hasn't been changed tho') - I figured the livery submitted for the model was subsequently tweaked before the season started, as all grades of JPM cars had the same colour scheme.

Seems to me that there's been a second run in the corrected livery; though I bet they'll have the same product code so it'll be pot luck to find one. The front guard sponsors are also different as well - there's a Bud logo on yours Matt for instance.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:25 (Ref:2023023)   #122
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
No, that is the Cup livery you have and it is correct. I checked the photos, it has been like that since Daytona.

The car I have is Busch liveried, with the location of the Texaco star and white bits on the bumper.

This, to detail freaks like me, is massively irritating.
I don't think it's the Busch livery, as the Busch one doesn't have the red lines separating the coloured sections. Here is the first picture I can find, and it's on the Telcel car, but, the front part is all correct. (I am still looking for the Telcel car by the way, haha.)

EDIT:
Here is a picture of how the car normally ran, note, that the dark gray, isn't separated from the black, by red lines.

Last edited by Matt; 25 Sep 2007 at 22:28.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:43 (Ref:2023037)   #123
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah, yes, the red lines...

So it is a livery that never existed then.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:45 (Ref:2023041)   #124
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I guess so. Any idea where I could get the Telcel car? I am still looking for the one I have for you.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:55 (Ref:2023047)   #125
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Oh, and, judging by this eBay ad, he did run the scheme you have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Juan-Pablo-Monto...QQcmdZViewItem

Tags
jpm