Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 10 Mar 2001, 21:22 (Ref:69917)   #1
Boniver
Rookie

Boniver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you help us by responding to the latest threat to Brooklands?

Details are at

http://www.brooklands.org.uk/news/p...alassurance.HTM

Many thanks

Rob Titherley

Last edited by Boniver; 10 Mar 2001 at 21:27.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 11:25 (Ref:70028)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I couldn't get that link to work for me, if anyone else has trouble, here's part of the news article.

Quote:
Earlier this year Prudential Assurance bought land within the Brooklands Track area adjacent to the museum. They have revived a 13 year old planning permission given before the museum opened and their developers Helical Bar have now submitted a £200 million plan to erect 5 office blocks next to the museum.
How long is a planning application actually valid? All I know is that when we had trouble with a neighbour, we were told that a planning permission was valid for 9 years and our neighbour had left it 8 years and 11 months after getting planning permission before starting building. Maybe the times are different for business or from council to council.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 15:58 (Ref:70100)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Times are different from council to council.. However, under planning regulations - I would have thought 13 years is a little long..

Problem with Brooklands is, that it's probably classified as a brown field site - and therefore an ideal target for development still...
Old 1 Apr 2001, 20:06 (Ref:76144)   #4
Boniver
Rookie

Boniver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.hartlana.co.uk/brooklands...lassurance.HTM

I hope its works now...........
Old 1 Apr 2001, 20:22 (Ref:76159)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Tim brought this to my attention today at Silverstone. I actually live about 1/4 mile from Brooklands... if anyone feels that a letter to the council from a 'concerned local resident' will help, just tell me who it should be addressed to and what I should be saying...
Old 1 Apr 2001, 20:26 (Ref:76163)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, I just found the link on the page above to send my letter of complaint... i'll do it now.

I've also added their banner to our rotation here... hopefully it'll help.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 21:42 (Ref:76739)   #7
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig, could you post the address here for ease of reference then maybe more people will be inclined to write. Will pm you with my other suggestion.