Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Jul 2002, 09:47 (Ref:340438)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa 24 hours and Clio V6: 10-tenths trip?

Ok,
Don't know how many of you remember this topic but we are now just a couple of weeks away...

The good news is that I have finally raised the dough to make the trip with the V6!

The bad news is that the Clio race is first thing Saturday (9am)! And the money situation means I wmight have to head straight home with the car and mechanic to save cash and so will miss the 24 hours (unless I can find a drive in the race and a lift home later!)

There will also be a second UK V6 driven by Steve Mele, leader of the MIni Cooper Challenge and all round good guy.

This also means there should be some free passes around (although Renault have been a bit tight with the meal tickets so I'll not be able to scam you food)

So who's coming????

And if you're not coming, I expect you to be at Donington in October!

Cheers

RickP
Old 23 Jul 2002, 11:31 (Ref:340533)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry Rickypoos... change of job situation leaves me short of money so sadly I'm gonna have to say no And if it's the weekend I think it is I'm working Saturday and Sunday too cos the only thing I thought was on that weekend was the Ferrari Festival Glad to see you're still able to do it though.

I think that Ruth and some of the others were still talking about it though and I'm sure they'll be along soon to snap up your offer of a free pass
Old 23 Jul 2002, 11:33 (Ref:340537)   #3
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no spare money either so I won't be able to go.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:49 (Ref:340701)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that weekend's still pencilled into my diary, but having no money, no job, no credit cards that haven't bounced, and now nearly the full week at knockhill, it's looking a bit bleak...
Old 24 Jul 2002, 11:57 (Ref:341501)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey, you all sound as skint as me! At least you don't have to hope the postman doesn't deliver another lawyers bill every morning
Old 2 Aug 2002, 19:20 (Ref:348941)   #6
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't got to that stage yet Stephen!
Old 2 Aug 2002, 19:51 (Ref:348960)   #7
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bella, no money, no credit card, we share the same problem hon
Old 2 Aug 2002, 19:56 (Ref:348965)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I have a cunning plan. I shall win the UK lottery, get a zillion quid and take you all to Le Mans.

Old 2 Aug 2002, 20:35 (Ref:348985)   #9
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,!!!! We all love the Evil One dont we
Old 5 Aug 2002, 07:03 (Ref:350199)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I won a tenner on Saturday night. Is that the first step to zillions EP?
Old 5 Aug 2002, 18:39 (Ref:350635)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well you didn't win as much as Rick did in the race!!
Old 6 Aug 2002, 07:10 (Ref:351030)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
How did Rick get on then?
Old 6 Aug 2002, 20:00 (Ref:351616)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well I was expecting him to post but as he is rather busy..

Qualified 18th and finished a superb 11th (and only one fell off in front of him).
Sorry to say I can't justice to the overtook 2 on the grass, one round here and one there that he can

Personally I think the good results are due to his co-driver

Old 12 Aug 2002, 23:30 (Ref:356523)   #14
lrango
Rookie

lrango should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick bene fatto!
18 a 11 non sono facile a Spa nella pioggia
Mark รจ molto orgoglioso di Lei!
Anche i Suoi sostenitori italiani stavano gridando per Lei!
umori
I Suoi Sostenitori italiani
Old 21 Aug 2002, 08:56 (Ref:362731)   #15
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Irago,
I no longer have access to an Italian translator but I'll guess your meaning.
Mark was very pleased, as was I. Had to drive hard as I had only got my costs underwritten assuming I finished top 10. Had a mystery backer who offered to underwrite the difference but needed to win a decent amount of prize money to avoid bankrupting myself! A very silly gamble but one I just had to take!
Persuaded Renault to let me qualify on old tyres which was why we fell from 10th in free practise to 18th on the grid and without a team mate to give me a tow up the main straight or any telemetry to help us (my old sponsor has all the software for it) we were on a bit of a tough fight.

Now I have to try and do a deal for Donnington, maybe we'll see you there.
Rick
Old 21 Aug 2002, 16:57 (Ref:363062)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hope so, rick, cause we've got no excuse not to be there for that