Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Sep 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3851948)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2019 6Hrs of Spa Francorchamps

Grids to follow but the main event remains the jewel in historic racing's crown.

Other races will include MRL x 3, HSCC Closed Wheel, U2TC, Jaguar Challenge, Masters grids and HGPCA.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3852251)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It'll never catch on.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3875283)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Invitations to apply for an entry have been emailed to previous competitors. If you’re not on the mailing list it’s also on the website-

http://www.redwateruk.com/?page_id=264
Old 26 Feb 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3886775)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Entry for the 6hrs is full as I understand it. Can only be a good thing.

I'm entered for the Gent Drivers race in the MG.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3886780)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Entry for the 6hrs is full as I understand it. Can only be a good thing.

I'm entered for the Gent Drivers race in the MG.
Yup, we’re entered for both. Just have to fathom out how to get there with cars, as am at Monza weekend before!
Old 26 Feb 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3886783)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll trailer the MG but there will be a number of MRL cars going why not speak to Ken C and see if there are any transporters arranged?
Old 26 Feb 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3886795)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'll trailer the MG but there will be a number of MRL cars going why not speak to Ken C and see if there are any transporters arranged?
Luckily there’s plenty of time to think! As BHM will be there as support for the 6, that will hopefully take care of one car....
Old 4 Mar 2019, 02:41 (Ref:3888098)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just been told we have confirmed entry to 6 hour . Very happy but will not be as quick as last year . My friend Richard Owen has asked me drive his Galaxie with him .I guess we had better ask to garage in GP pits . Going to be fun. ��
Old 4 Mar 2019, 07:38 (Ref:3888121)   #9
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just been told we have confirmed entry to 6 hour . Very happy but will not be as quick as last year . My friend Richard Owen has asked me drive his Galaxie with him .I guess we had better ask to garage in GP pits . Going to be fun. ��
Crikey,try not to take up to much room but should be used to that after le mans.
Old 4 Mar 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3888224)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Who is organising it this year, and are the dates changing?
Dirty deeds afoot?
See press release on RAC de Spa website today.....

http://www.racspa.be/Affichage.aspx?L=FR&Ref=839
Old 4 Mar 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3888226)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Isn't that the modern version?
Old 4 Mar 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3888227)   #12
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Isn't that the modern version?
dunno, can't see the detail or dates of the 'cancelled' one - hope you're right.
Old 4 Mar 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3888236)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
David the official press release french version refers to a meeting previously planed on the first week of October. Think Peter is right must be the modern version.
As stated before organisation is red water for "your" Six Hours.
Old 4 Mar 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3888239)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Gerard. Nothing to see here.....
Old 4 Mar 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3888280)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Phew - that's a relief
Old 19 Jul 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3918486)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Timetable on line-

http://www.spasixhours.com/wp-conten...e_SSH_2019.pdf

Bit of a pain to find Masters GD race is last on Sunday and doesn’t finish until 1750hrs. Going to be a late night.....
Old 19 Jul 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3918487)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes indeed. Still a few cold ones in the hotel bar that evening then head out Monday AM.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3918505)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes indeed. Still a few cold ones in the hotel bar that evening then head out Monday AM.
As things are, I will be heading to Spa straight from Monza, and then will be in a rush to get home ASAP after the race....... Otherwise I’d be doing the same!
Old 20 Jul 2019, 06:21 (Ref:3918573)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Timetable on line-

http://www.spasixhours.com/wp-conten...e_SSH_2019.pdf

Bit of a pain to find Masters GD race is last on Sunday and doesn’t finish until 1750hrs. Going to be a late night.....
When we did that race it was always last on Sunday .,Jim would take the whole team out to a very posh resultant in the evening . Happy days .
Old 20 Jul 2019, 06:24 (Ref:3918574)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
When we did that race it was always last on Sunday .,Jim would take the whole team out to a very posh resultant in the evening . Happy days .
Good memories! The GD race seems to alternate now between first or last on Sunday, and if first, is hard work if you did the 6hr the night before. Swings and roundabouts......
Old 5 Aug 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3921471)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Had a request from Raphael De Borman; anyone got a spare FIA MGB engine for rent for the Six Hours? The engine in the car he's sharing won't be ready in time. He does wnat to be legal so a 1950 won't work.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3922691)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just booked the ferry crossing. Was going via the Chunnel but the rates are "reassuringly expensive". Still it does man a decent breakfast rather than a couple of sandwiches.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3922694)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Just booked the ferry crossing. Was going via the Chunnel but the rates are "reassuringly expensive". Still it does man a decent breakfast rather than a couple of sandwiches.
Ferries do have that advantage. You can have one of delta’s ‘posh brekkies’ if your’e on P&O..... (And if you’re on a tacho, you get a full break period on the boat..... )

I read that there are 20 GT40s in the 6hr, and a special parade of different marks of them on Sunday. 50th anniversary.....
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3922696)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Ferries do have that advantage. You can have one of delta’s ‘posh brekkies’ if your’e on P&O.....
Indeed we are on P&O.

Quote:
I read that there are 20 GT40s in the 6hr, and a special parade of different marks of them on Sunday. 50th anniversary.....
Oh deep joy. As much as I love the GT40 I don't really need another parade of the things.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3922698)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Oh deep joy. As much as I love the GT40 I don't really need another parade of the things.
Quite. We’ve cancelled the Morgan GD entry as it’s last race on Sunday, possibly made later by the parade..... (It could be during lunch break, of course...)