Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Sep 2020, 19:35 (Ref:4002853)   #7551
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“If you put LMP1 at the same level as LMH, it would kill all incentive for new teams to commit to the LMH category. Because obviously it will be a lot cheaper to go with a LMP1 instead of developing a LMH"

I'm sorry but how is this any different to when "LMDh" is introduced
Old 17 Sep 2020, 02:29 (Ref:4002911)   #7552
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
To be quite fair, we know that FIA/ACO have done that in the past with the Group C cars and the LMP900s, so it is not unrealistic it will happen again (and that the grandfathered car wins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
“If you put LMP1 at the same level as LMH, it would kill all incentive for new teams to commit to the LMH category. Because obviously it will be a lot cheaper to go with a LMP1 instead of developing a LMH"

I'm sorry but how is this any different to when "LMDh" is introduced
With the grandfathered cars only being eligible for one year I don't know why this is such a big deal. Of course the grandfather cars will not be race at the same spec that they are currently running, and not sure why Vasselon is making a big deal about this, other than to make sure the ACO knows Toyota needs to win.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 07:33 (Ref:4002939)   #7553
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
such a silly fall from grace...
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:07 (Ref:4002947)   #7554
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
With the grandfathered cars only being eligible for one year I don't know why this is such a big deal.
Because Toyota didn't go through all the **** to somehow get that car out for next season and make the class even happen just to get dunked by a 7 year old ORECA with a sticker on it and watch Renault waltz off with all the glory.

The real problem here is that in previous transitions older spec cars were clearly disadvantaged from a regulations standpoint so if they happened to still win there was no room to complain, while in the bold new future of BoP the only way to compare anything is the end result. In the end it's no different than out of production and non-Evo GT3 cars always getting the short end of the BoP stick.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:48 (Ref:4002965)   #7555
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Toyota are right to voice their concerns, they have done all the hard work to get ready for next season and stay in the category. The regulations for next season can't be changed now, let's just hope it is does the job. I look forward to seeing how well the Hypercars go. I think it will be nicely unique
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:09 (Ref:4003124)   #7556
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think Toyota are right to voice their concerns, they have done all the hard work to get ready for next season and stay in the category. The regulations for next season can't be changed now, let's just hope it is does the job. I look forward to seeing how well the Hypercars go. I think it will be nicely unique
I think next season will be exciting and agree with what Toyota said.
That said I don't see any issue with grandfathered cars.
I think BOP will easily deal with the situation.
The bigger issue that I see is all racing has to reduce costs.
Covid has destroyed a lot of things and racing has to adjust radically.

https://lsr-freun.de/news/status-update-der-scuderia-cameron-glickenhaus-zum-scg-004c-004s-boot-und-dem-scg-007-lm-hypercar/
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:19 (Ref:4003543)   #7557
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMSA reveals more LMDh technical regulations.

https://racer.com/2020/09/18/imsa-re...l-regulations/
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:48 (Ref:4003555)   #7558
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OMG, thats stunning. Make it happen, someone.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4003557)   #7559
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/sta...401274368?s=20
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:54 (Ref:4003560)   #7560
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post

That rendering looks a little bit like a porsche on the front end. I still don't know why the minimum weight is so high.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:55 (Ref:4003561)   #7561
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post

that's maybe the most beautiful looking gtp/lmp shaped prototype I've ever seen
Old 18 Sep 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4003576)   #7562
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Looks like IMSA just published their concept study.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 16:53 (Ref:4003587)   #7563
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Looks like IMSA just published their concept study.

Indeed!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 17:42 (Ref:4003602)   #7564
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And Cadillac's. A bit of other cars in there as well.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:53 (Ref:4003632)   #7565
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And Cadillac's. A bit of other cars in there as well.
I'm surprised at their cost estimates...
1.2mm roller
.450 hybrid spline
Engine?
Bespoke body?
I think our LMH will be less costly with much lower running costs...
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:02 (Ref:4003639)   #7566
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
I'm surprised at their cost estimates...

1.2mm roller

.450 hybrid spline

Engine?

Bespoke body?

I think our LMH will be less costly with much lower running costs...
That was my first thought. Say conservative 2 million for the car but what's the design and bodywork budget?

For 6 million they get yours and a couple little races as well.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4003649)   #7567
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That was my first thought. Say conservative 2 million for the car but what's the design and bodywork budget?

For 6 million they get yours and a couple little races as well.
Including spares, rebuilds, and full post racing rebuild. We're including
all costs including drivers..
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:11 (Ref:4003653)   #7568
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yet IMSA has said, well no thanks. But they did to Panoz as well with the GT4. Still ridiculous they had it in the paddock for Petit a few years back but not in the track at all.

Interesting comments from Doonan about being interested now in Hypercar possibly running. Wonder what they would do though

Last edited by broadrun96; 18 Sep 2020 at 20:26.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 02:21 (Ref:4004551)   #7569
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Thanks
Old 20 Sep 2020, 05:33 (Ref:4004685)   #7570
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post

It looks good but it is not as cute as the 1998 911 Gt1, the most beautiful of all the winners !!!

EDIT - Hondafan37 - I've removed your image link as it didn't work and was taking up a huge amount of horizontal space. You may wish to edit it and upload it as an attachment instead. Aysedasi

Last edited by Aysedasi; 22 Sep 2020 at 13:28.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 05:39 (Ref:4004686)   #7571
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
For me the 1998 911 GT1 is the most beautiful Le Mans winner in history.
I expected or hope that the new Hypercars (LMH or LMDH) look like this.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:11 (Ref:4004755)   #7572
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There were loads of great looking cars from that era. As long as the new hypercars look an evolution of the current cars, I can see no problem with their looks
Old 22 Sep 2020, 06:29 (Ref:4005500)   #7573
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say that LMDh is a good regulations that's comparable to Hypercar, but I'm hoping that both regulations would be equally-matched in terms of performance and costs. Now if only LMDh is adopted by the likes of Super GT and/or DTM...

BTW, since Alpine is using Rebellion cars for next year, I feel that they're suitable for LMDh, not Hypercar.

One last thing, I wonder if there will be engine restrictions (piston or rotary-based) unless it was already answered?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 07:53 (Ref:4005515)   #7574
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I would say that LMDh is a good regulations that's comparable to Hypercar, but I'm hoping that both regulations would be equally-matched in terms of performance and costs. Now if only LMDh is adopted by the likes of Super GT and/or DTM...

BTW, since Alpine is using Rebellion cars for next year, I feel that they're suitable for LMDh, not Hypercar.

One last thing, I wonder if there will be engine restrictions (piston or rotary-based) unless it was already answered?
As far I know, at the moment dp can use bespoke engines or road/gt3 derivated ones since it's bop that balances torque curve, power and stint lenght.
The only restrictions are about displacement and layout, at example turbo engines can be V6 or L4 but not V8 while NA engines can't be over 5.5L. These rules are not carved on stone of course and can be changed in a few seconds.

About hypercar, well be prepared to a bop hell during next years since will be a nightmare to keep hybrid toyota and peugeot, not hybrid glickenhaus and mild hybrid dpi in the same performance range
Old 24 Sep 2020, 11:10 (Ref:4006025)   #7575
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Acura sort of confirming they will continue in IMSA with LMDh.
Wayne Taylor has made no secret of wanting to return to Le Mans and this could possible with Honda.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...ted-klaus.html