Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3954073)   #301
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
well, my remark was meant to be tongue in cheek

I should have resorted to:
"Achtung ! Witzalarm !"
thats German for: Caution, be prepared for a joke....

RuE
I think most of us got the fact that your post was TIC......
Old 27 Jan 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3954080)   #302
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Most, yes…
Rudolf do you intend to send some german humor here? I tried with french one but it doesn't work great so far!!!
Honestly, 350 what-you-want-currency is not much compare the to average price of those cars.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3954155)   #303
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone Classic Preview Day, with free testing available for competitors, will be on 29 April.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3954162)   #304
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Silverstone Classic Preview Day, with free testing available for competitors, will be on 29 April.
Thanks. Early for many, but no doubt as it’s free (and only for those with confirmed Classic entries), they’ll probably be booked up. From experience not a good day for serious testing, more a media opportunity.....
Old 28 Jan 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3954168)   #305
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks. Early for many, but no doubt as it’s free (and only for those with confirmed Classic entries), they’ll probably be booked up. From experience not a good day for serious testing, more a media opportunity.....

One leading preparer who looks after some of my cars reccomended that I stay away from the Media day ("not worth it").

Yes, there is no entry fee
but, once I have added my travel expense and the cost to get the car there, then the ratio of worthwhile tracktime to cost does not look that good

It can generate media exposure for car or driver, if one is so inclined, that can help to sell a car

the ideal participant prepares his own car and can manage a day off work at little cost or hassle

RuE
Old 28 Jan 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3954170)   #306
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, for those reasons we’ve favoured the test day before HSCC’s International meeting in the past.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 12:33 (Ref:3954181)   #307
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's good you've all come to an agreement on pre event testing. It makes sense logistically
Old 28 Jan 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3954185)   #308
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Glad you’re pleased....
Old 28 Jan 2020, 13:08 (Ref:3954189)   #309
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's good you've all come to an agreement on pre event testing. It makes sense logistically
What about it makes sense from a logistical viewpoint?

I can see how it makes sense from a practicality of testing, but this might be at the expense of making logistical sense.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3954403)   #310
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
What about it makes sense from a logistical viewpoint?

I can see how it makes sense from a practicality of testing, but this might be at the expense of making logistical sense.

I think it was the "Talking Heads" this great band of modern age philosophers that - in the time of vinyl music - called an album "Stop making sense" - sound advice apparently

RuE
Old 29 Jan 2020, 14:25 (Ref:3954404)   #311
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Old 29 Jan 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3954437)   #312
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully the Silverstone pre classic will have like most historic meetings plenty of cars and track action. May not get as big as crowd as the actual classic, but enough there to watch some great action. Good luck to you all
Old 29 Jan 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3954440)   #313
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Hopefully the Silverstone pre classic will have like most historic meetings plenty of cars and track action. May not get as big as crowd as the actual classic, but enough there to watch some great action. Good luck to you all
It’s a MEDIA / PRESS DAY and on a weekday, and also isn’t advertised to the general public. Never seen a big crowd when I’ve attended.....
Old 30 Jan 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3954573)   #314
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Suggest you read the context of the post. As Mike says it is a press day with only entrants and Press invited.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3954985)   #315
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Suggest you read the context of the post.
It's not possible to keep up a steady 50-post-a-day flow if you waste time actually reading what you are replying to.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3954987)   #316
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
But true.....
Old 1 Feb 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3954997)   #317
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
It's not possible to keep up a steady 50-post-a-day flow if you waste time actually reading what you are replying to.
Particularly when your posts are formulaic and scripted. Makes it difficult for them to be interactive with the discussion.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 16:11 (Ref:3955677)   #318
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 Hour Pre 1990 Sports and GT Race at Paul Ricard.

Laurent Vallery-Masson has invited HSCC racers to take part in the 2 Tours d’Horloge at Paul Ricard in November. The 24-hour race is open to pre-1990 sports and GT cars with 2, 3 or 4 drivers per car.

“All cars from your Thundersports Trophy can enter this event. The date is away from any of yours to avoid from clashes,” said Laurent.

Put forward by Eric Van de Vyver’s V de V Sports, this edition of the comeback will be receiving logistical support from HVM Racing, the official promoter of historic events for the FFSA, while Laure Van de Vyver is in charge of its general coordination.

With registrations only open since December, the entry list already includes around 20 confirmed crews, while around 50 others are currently being set up or finalising their budget.

“We have decided to accept a large selection of different types of cars for the ‘2 Tours d’Horloge’ in order to gather the maximum number of cars on track. The youngest cars accepted will be 30 years old in 2020.

See the events listing for more details: https://hscc.org.uk/event/les-2-tours-dhorloge/
Old 5 Feb 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3955908)   #319
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
While we’re talking about HSCC, they’ve also announced that the Dunlop Saloon Car Cup series will have a slot at Spa during the September 6hrs weekend.

https://hscc.org.uk/spa-date-added-t...-cup-schedule/
Old 6 Feb 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3956076)   #320
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh dear
Old 6 Feb 2020, 22:31 (Ref:3956170)   #321
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Oh dear
I suspect someone somewhere is laughing up their sleeve. Nothing else makes sense.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 20:47 (Ref:3957518)   #322
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got this mail today:

Dear Friend of Barry,

I would like to continue with the great work that Pam McCarthy did helping me to start the Sideways Club, and would like to honour her memory as well as try to carry on with Barry's legacy and keep his races going! Heidi is pleased to be President of the Club and will attend races wherever possible!

I am in close contact with Vincent who organises the races that Barry promoted, and our main aim is to try to get the "Barry Race" back at the Six Hour Meeting in September. Unfortunately he is under great pressure and can't do it this year (although it was on the cards until a few weeks ago!) but he is still trying to get us there in 2021.

Vincent has offered us a race at a new event called the "Hat Trick" meeting which will be on October 11th and 12th. We can have a 1 hour race for 350 Euros, which is incredible value for money at Spa!

Other series attending the meeting are:

- F2 Historic HSCC
- MAXX Formula
- SRCC Sport 2000
- Monoposto Historic
- And there is talk of getting another prestigious series as well!

Clearly It would be good to support Vincent and show that we can get decent numbers. It might give him ammunition in his quest to return the Barry race to the 6 Hour meeting, I am asking if you would like to go to Spa in October?

I would aim to call it the "Barry Sideways One Hour" (if that would be acceptable to Vincent) and really hope that maybe next year we could be at the Six Hour Meeting! Please let me know either way as soon as possible so that I can tell Vincent if we will go to the Hat Trick meeting. Please email me on cheng@thunderroadcars.com or call 07836 699339.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 10:35 (Ref:3970923)   #323
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
French season is now announced by HVM Racing as this:
July 17/19 Albi
August 14/16 Dijon
August 28/0 Charade
September 11/13 Nogaro
September 25/27 Val de Vienne.
No relationship neither with PA dates nor Motors Cup by HVM.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3970924)   #324
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The two Motors Cup! should be:
October 2/4 Dijon Prenois
October 16/18 Le Mans circuit Bugatti. More internationally oriented.
Sorry if this doubles another thread.
Old 22 Apr 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3972244)   #325
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Le Mans Classic: (Le Mans): 1 Jul 2021 08:00, 4 Jul 2021 20:00