Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 May 2002, 14:03 (Ref:293594)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans 2002 :- Who is Going ?

Ok we a 23 day away from the great race, so is time for use to find who go. Well I am going.

Aysedasi, just had a look at your web-site, thanks for the tips on what to take and what not to take and where to watch the race.

See you all there.
Old 23 May 2002, 14:10 (Ref:293606)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i shall be there from wednesday...stop me if you see someone in an "allsport" baseball cap.
Old 23 May 2002, 14:13 (Ref:293610)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With 250,000 people there it may be a bit hard for me to spot you.....
Old 23 May 2002, 14:19 (Ref:293615)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i've got fairish hair
Old 23 May 2002, 14:26 (Ref:293621)   #5
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
From Wednesday to Sunday I'll be mostly wearing white.
Hiding away at post 106. <zone interdit au public> or summat like that. Once the race starts the furthest I'll go is the 5 minute walk down to the spectator area at Arnage. So no chance of meeting me then.
Well Okay maybe I'll venture out to play in the village on Weds/Thursday evening depending on the shift pattern.

Praying for unwet conditions. (for all of us)
Old 23 May 2002, 14:31 (Ref:293624)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there as usual. Camping Bleu, our vehicles comprise shiny metallic blue LR Defender 110, bright green Ginetta G27 (as heard being praised by Chuck Dressing on Radio LM last year), Ferrari red Caterham 7 and a sensible Impreza STi5. There are rumours of our 'exploits' being filmed by a French tv documentary crew.
Old 23 May 2002, 14:35 (Ref:293627)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well I will not be there until Saturday Morning after a night on a MRI Coach...... I think I will camp next year
Old 23 May 2002, 14:41 (Ref:293632)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going! I won't get there till early Friday afternoon. The plan at the moment is to go and have a wander down the pitlane to see the teams working on the cars.
Old 23 May 2002, 14:51 (Ref:293641)   #9
kdr
Veteran

adam

that bentley one-car garage looked a little lonesome and forlorn at pq don't you think?
Old 23 May 2002, 14:56 (Ref:293646)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't go to PQ, but I can imagine (piccie from last year). Do remember in the late 80s Walkinshaw when Walkinshaw couldn't decide whether to take 4 or 5 cars?

1 car - madness!

I'm sure that the single Bentley will have lots of friends cheering her on.
Old 23 May 2002, 15:02 (Ref:293650)   #11
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there. The old bat and I arrive Thursday lunchtime.

FG
Old 23 May 2002, 15:03 (Ref:293652)   #12
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all arrive on Wednesday, camping in Karting Nord as usual.
Shiny blue V8 Defender driver too, supported by many bikes and assorted vehicles from white van to hideous ear splitting dayglo orange Diablo.
We'll all be at the Champagne bar pre-race from 13.00, and then again at 21.00 to meet with all the boys from the Club Arnage forum.
Look for one of these and come over and introduce yourselves.

See you all there.

Rusty

Attached Images

Old 23 May 2002, 16:44 (Ref:293732)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there from Sunday 9th to Monday 18th. You will generally find me somewhere around Racers Group (I am a Lucas Luhr/Timo Bernhardt groupie ) or Panoz. At other times I'll be down at RacingLines earning my living.
Old 23 May 2002, 16:50 (Ref:293741)   #14
kdr
Veteran

whats racinglines?
Old 23 May 2002, 18:02 (Ref:293814)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I might go..........

The Tourists are setting off quite late this year on the 7.45 a.m. P&O Portsmouth to Le Havre on the Friday morning. Due to the late start we won't actually get to the circuit until Saturday - as early as possible depending on how successful I am at getting the other Tourists out of their beds in Le Grand Luce! And that may well depend upon how late the calvados consumption goes on until on Friday night!

Identifying features? Not much hair, relatively short, specs,...... oh, there's a pic or two of me on my site, if you're really interested! Hopefully, I will be wearing my new 2002 t-shirt!
Old 23 May 2002, 20:25 (Ref:293986)   #16
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count me in, Wednesday PM till Monday AM, we will be there again.

Latest rumour is that MG are hoping to use in line fueling, the slower 'tanker' car will have an aircraft style fueling hose to top up the leading car and so save on pitstops

Simon
Old 23 May 2002, 20:38 (Ref:294001)   #17
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We arrive early on Thursday morning and shall be leaving the Mulsanne corner at 4pm on Sunday to get to the ferry..

Not too far off now.. just a shame that we have to travel down in a Renualt Scenic!
Old 23 May 2002, 21:29 (Ref:294077)   #18
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be joining Bodysnatcher on Post 106, my first Le Mans.
Old 23 May 2002, 22:56 (Ref:294167)   #19
Quattro
Rookie

Quattro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there from Thursday afternoon (8.20am shuttle) until monday midday... Pits grandstand for start / finish but in between who knows, Suggestions on a post card please...
Old 23 May 2002, 23:44 (Ref:294211)   #20
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there Friday pm with my brother. I'm the stoned-looking tall one with glasses
Old 24 May 2002, 06:07 (Ref:294387)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

We were and we will !

From saturday noon in a grandstand (wich one ? I'm asking each day to ACO !), then the "grand tour" to Tertre Rouge and back by the village for the evening meal...

Difficult to spot somenone in that crowd ! I'll be with three newbies (surely a lot of stops because "we're tired" !)...

Weather is ugly today on Le Mans... hope wind will clean all that stuff !
Old 24 May 2002, 06:40 (Ref:294396)   #22
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I ll be there on Friday, and joining the rest on my group who are arriving on Wednesday. We are staying in Maison Blanche campsite and are taking four Austin-Healey's, two Maserati's and (I'll say it quietly)an espace.
Old 24 May 2002, 07:31 (Ref:294415)   #23
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there with my first-timer mate (he's been to the bike 24 hours, but not the real one)! We should get there mid-morning on Saturday with Page and Moy. Both 30ish, good-looking and fighting off the MG girls. Well, both 30ish anyway.

A couple of questions:

1. Can I put in another request for a small patch of camping ground by some friendly ten-tenths faces, to pitch a tent for Saturday night. Not that we expect to do much sleeping, but with all the time on a coach even a couple of hours out flat will be like heaven!

2. Where and when are we all going to meet up? Do we infiltrate the Club Arnage get together or plan our own, (Kpy's concession, Village Crepe stall)? At the very least I need to buy a beer or two for Ayse, so name the bar of your choice!
Old 24 May 2002, 07:38 (Ref:294421)   #24
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be ther from wednesday morning trafic permiting, with two others camping in the Airtrack vip area. Travelling in style this year in a Mercedes (van), beats a sports car hands down!!!!!
Old 24 May 2002, 08:08 (Ref:294446)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
Where and when are we all going to meet up? Kpy's concession, Village Crepe stall ?
I'll vote for Kpy concession, if easy to find (in the village, it should be !).

Hey, Kpy, what's your forname ? I can't imagine to ask for "kpy" at the desk !

Last edited by Fab; 24 May 2002 at 08:08.