Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Oct 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3148763)   #376
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the whole forum would love to see Falken have a crack next year.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3148766)   #377
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Falken to Le Mans? After the Nurburgring 24, Le Mans is the obvious target! And then in 2014, Daytona!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3148771)   #378
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Thank you! Bummer we didn't see you at Mosport. Next year?
I will be there. Good luck to you guys at PLM!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3148782)   #379
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For all those going this year, remember we have a discussion in the Trackside forum of who is going to be where and when. Also, sharing some of those classic PLM memories; well, it least the ones that are acceptable to post in a public forum.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134969
Old 9 Oct 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3148785)   #380
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yes it does. Also, I haven't been able to attend a race this year so I am itching to get there.
Itching is not the word! Perhaps you need that checked out!

Quote:
Thanks for catching that! We'll let the organizers know the date they have is wrong! whew. It's Saturday, October 13.
Quote:
We also owe a huge thank you to the Mods of Ten Tenths who allow us to been here. Other forums have not been so kind and have kicked us off, seeing our insider information as spam and useless. We are SO grateful for Ten Tenths being so kind and helpful to us. This is a great forum and we're more than happy to spread the word to other enthusiasts
Even though I've never really responded to your posts, I have been reading and I'd say we are ALL grateful to have your inside info and perspective here. I am grateful to have you fellas in the series and still think y'all have the best livery in the series; looked better on a FordGT, though .

I'll be sure to stop by and say hello, if not this Saturday, then it'll just have to be next week at one of my favorite places in the world.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3148786)   #381
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Imagine the shock & horror if Arakis & Rich07 were there that year , they couldnt possibily attend that visit , not without seriously blowing their cover !!!
I'd be more then happy to attend any Falken garage visit regardless of what anyone else thinks . I might cheer on the Italian stallions but I have a soft spot for a team that engages so well with the fans and has Wolf Henzler as one of their drivers. See you there Badger
Old 9 Oct 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3148806)   #382
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'll be sure to stop by and say hello, if not this Saturday, then it'll just have to be next week at one of my favorite places in the world.
Tell you what. Since you'll be there that early, how about you (and any other Ten Tenths users that will be present) stop by Wednesday Oct 17 anytime before noon, and we'll give you a tour of our paddock area? If Wolf and Bryan aren't available, myself (your neighborhood PR rep) or one of the crew members would be happy to show you the car up close and our rig.

The schedule is pretty light for us that day, so it shouldn't be an issue. The crew will be setting up the car, but we can stay out of their way.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3148810)   #383
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Is their any chance you guys will ever run a second car? Maybe at this year's Petit?

DK
Ever? Maybe. We're refraining from listening to the rumors and jumping to conclusions about the upcoming merge. If the rules stand now, due to the spec tire aspect, the Falken Tire Corporation wouldn't be able to compete. A two car team has certainly been discussed for the future, and although I can't fill you in on those discussions, I'd say, it's a possibility. However, before that happens, the team would like to have more consistent wins and podium finishes before investing everything it takes to go to a two car team (time, staff, double the money, resources, etc). Right now, our main focus remains tire development for the one car we have and finding the right recipe for success with the new Porsche.

A second car for this year's Petit Le Mans? Unfortunately, no. To run a second car means we'd have to buy a second car. As much as we respect Petit for the event that it is, it wouldn't make sense to buy another 2012 Porsche when Porsche has publicly said they're going to come out with a new car for 2014. Instead, we're going to work on making the #17 car the best it can be for the 10 Hour/1,000 event and hopefully see you all on the podium!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3148811)   #384
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Tell you what. Since you'll be there that early, how about you (and any other Ten Tenths users that will be present) stop by Wednesday Oct 17 anytime before noon, and we'll give you a tour of our paddock area? If Wolf and Bryan aren't available, myself (your neighborhood PR rep) or one of the crew members would be happy to show you the car up close and our rig.

The schedule is pretty light for us that day, so it shouldn't be an issue. The crew will be setting up the car, but we can stay out of their way.
See now this is exactly why other forums are losing out. A team going out of there way to accomodate humble fans. Even though i've never been to an ALMS race or the USA even, your winning my support for your team with gestures such as that.

Like what Bentley says, this is truly "for the fans"
Old 9 Oct 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3148814)   #385
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
...This has all been done without overt self promotion and in the 'for the fans' spirit synonymous with the ALMS...

That being said, if hypothetically, anyone here were looking to buy some tires and looking for help, that is, of course, one of our main priorities in ALMS. In short, we'd be happy to help. We always try to keep the promotion to a minimum, but know that if you DO want to talk to us about that, we're here!

Thank you all for the kind words. I will definitely share these with team management and Falken Tire Corporate. It reminds us that being here really is a win-win for the fans and the brand. Bring on Petit!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3148816)   #386
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^^^
I'll be there!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3148824)   #387
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to share beers with the Falken guys. After the race, of course!

Ah, if I can only go to Petit.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3148871)   #388
FalkenALMS
Racer

Also, the wrong name was entered for the JDX Petit Le Mans entry list. Martin Ragginger is NOT doing double duty that weekend. He is only racing with Team Falken Tire.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3148878)   #389
FalkenALMS
Racer

We just realized that people aren't allowed entry to the track until Wednesday morning (the 17th), so we're going to try to find a time that day where we can give people enough time to get in, get settled and stop by for a tour. Stay tuned!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3148891)   #390
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
We just realized that people aren't allowed entry to the track until Wednesday morning (the 17th), so we're going to try to find a time that day where we can give people enough time to get in, get settled and stop by for a tour. Stay tuned!
Thank you, I am very interested in this!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3148902)   #391
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I can't make it until Thursday; keep that in consideration!

Nah, good stuff! Team Falken keeping it for the fans. Love it.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3148904)   #392
FalkenALMS
Racer

For fans attending Petit Le Mans here are some events that ALMS is hosting that we will be present at. Be sure to check the whole weekend schedule to see what other teams are doing at the event as well. If we add anything new to our schedule, we'll let you know!

TBD- We're trying to organize a tour for 10Tenths users. We're possibly looking at Wednesday the 17th.

If you want the chance to win some cleaning care products for your car, from now until Wednesday at 5pm, we're hosting a contest on twitter and Muc-Off is giving a way a cleaning kit worth $60. We use their products to clean our Porsche and believe me, you don't want to miss out on these.

Thursday, October 11th
10:00am-12:30pm ALMS is hosting a Media Day at Centennial Park. Bryan Sellers will be present, as well as other ALMS drivers and teams.

Saturday, October 13th (got the date right this time)
6:00pm-9:00pm ALMS is hosting a Pre-Petit party at Mall of Georgia by PF Changs. They'll have autographs, contests, raffles, giveaways and games. They were even have some games for kids, so feel free to bring yours. Many drivers and teams will be there, including Bryan Sellers and Wolf Henzler and some Falken swag. The two-race winning 2010 Porsche will be on display as well as other team cars.

Friday, October 19th
9:15am-9:30am Bryan, Wolf and Martin Ragginger will be at the Porscheplatz for a Q and A, and autographs and photos if requested. If you're a Porsche Club of America member, you will be able to attend.
12:30pm-1:30pm ALMS Driver autograph session. We'll have Bryan, Wolf and Martin outside our rig with PLENTY of hero cards, posters and other Falken swag. And yes, the Falken Tire models will be there. Petit will draw a big crowd, so be sure to get in line early to make sure you get some swag!
4:00pm-4:20pm Bryan, Wolf and Martin Ragginger will be at Porsche Hospitality. If you're a guest of Porsche and allowed in their hospitality area, you are able to attend.

Both Friday and Saturday, Falken Tire will have a rig set up in Vendor Village (and I believe the Falken Girls will be there) for fans to stop by and check out some stuff up there.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3148906)   #393
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I can't make it until Thursday; keep that in consideration!
Unfortunately, we have many fans who aren't even going to make it in time for Night Practice on Thursday (which is a can't miss!), but Wednesday is the only day left in the schedule that has any openings we can work with. There's so much to fit into this event. I guess that's what makes Petit so great!

Of course, when we find a time for the tour, if you can't make it, we would still love it if you stopped by and said hello when you can!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3148962)   #394
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
^Well, you can't please all the people all the time...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3149001)   #395
FalkenALMS
Racer

Alright, we confirmed with Bryan Sellers this afternoon, and we found a time that works. We realize it's very early into the event, but this is the best window we have. Wednesday, October 17 at 11:30am (gates open at 8am), we're hosting a tour of the Falken paddock for a special guest of Road Atlanta, and invite any 10Tenths users to attend as well. We ask that you each bring just one, maybe two friends, otherwise we'll get in the way of the crew prepping the car and be too big of a group to show everyone everything in time. If you would like to attend, please let us know by email so that we have a general idea of how many to expect. Email kelly@walkerracing.com with your name and username.

Hopefully it'll be a Petit Le Mans experience you won't forget! Thanks for your patience, and hope to see you there!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3149041)   #396
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
That's awesome. Team Falken Tire rules!

-mike
Old 9 Oct 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3149064)   #397
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

-mike
Hey Mike, any luck in getting a drive for Petit yet in GTC? Looks like JDX, TRG and NGT might still have drives available according to the latest entry list? Hope you'll be there anyway!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3149069)   #398
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Hey Mike, any luck in getting a drive for Petit yet in GTC? Looks like JDX, TRG and NGT might still have drives available according to the latest entry list? Hope you'll be there anyway!
Still trying to make it happen! 2013 plans are making it a little more complicated than I expected. :-)

-mike
Old 9 Oct 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3149090)   #399
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Falken, thank you again for your willingness to interact with the fans. Best of luck during the race. A nice podium finish would be an excellent way to finish out the season.

DK
Old 10 Oct 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3149119)   #400
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

-mike
I second those thoughts!