Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Dec 2007, 20:58 (Ref:2083932)   #151
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the stickers are off ,the motor is out, it's full steam ahead to use a nautical phrase,starting body work tomorrow.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 20:59 (Ref:2083934)   #152
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jon my good man if you would be so bold as to reserve me and roy 2 copies we would be most gratefull i thank you
Old 7 Dec 2007, 21:01 (Ref:2083936)   #153
AndyMitch
Rookie

United Kingdom
Reading
AndyMitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_msport

The only thing i can think of is ....

All cars in class line up in their class, with a small gap between classes. So there is 5 pole positions.

Spectators would be able see what cars are in what class and follow it through the race, ie say a class C car normally runs with the class A's, the spectators would see the driver catch them up and mix it with them.

A volenteer from the Drivers crews/helpers/mums and dads could hold a banner up for each class on the grid, coloured to match the circles on the cars.

No... well it is silly idea Friday
I think this is an excellent idea and would make far better racing; also if you have a problem in qualifying, you only have to start at the back of your class rather than at the back of the grid like I did at Brands.

Any chance we can reduce the number of competitors you receive a bonus point for beating. Ocassionally this year there haven't been enough runners in certain classes to gain maximum points when you win.

Just a thought from someone whose hoping to compete in all the rounds next year.

P.S What happened to Rockingham? I was looking forward to racing there!
Old 7 Dec 2007, 21:09 (Ref:2083941)   #154
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tin Tops are at Rockingham... Stick on the road tyres and get out there!
Old 7 Dec 2007, 21:09 (Ref:2083942)   #155
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
jon my good man if you would be so bold as to reserve me and roy 2 copies we would be most gratefull i thank you
Will do Jim. Will PM you details.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 21:38 (Ref:2083956)   #156
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers jon you too mate..
Old 7 Dec 2007, 21:47 (Ref:2083965)   #157
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
I sincerely reckon we're going to sell out of these calendars guys and girls. Don't leave it late to order them or you and your sponsors could be disappointed.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 22:15 (Ref:2083978)   #158
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd better get one! They're £8 each iirc.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 22:31 (Ref:2083990)   #159
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
I'd better get one! They're £8 each iirc.
You do indeed remember correctly Miss Chez! Which is useful
Old 8 Dec 2007, 07:31 (Ref:2084155)   #160
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Any chance we can reduce the number of competitors you receive a bonus point for beating. Ocassionally this year there haven't been enough runners in certain classes to gain maximum points when you win.
probably not! its a bit of a sticky one anyway, because i can both be argued that why should you score full points as you havnt beaten as many as the other classes and on the other hand a win is a win, on balence we feel the current system is the best compromise.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 8 Dec 2007, 07:39 (Ref:2084158)   #161
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
reverse grids fun idea on paper and are ok in a championship where all the cars have basically the same speed and cornering ability, but with our guys even if you only reversed the top 8, that would still lead to a bunch of very fast cars immediatly storming through the pack, and lets face it the fast cars are going to end up at the front anyway so why risk more accidents for the sake of a few overtakes early on in the race.

Old 8 Dec 2007, 07:44 (Ref:2084160)   #162
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr
as cheryl said (appart from some minor class tinkering) the rules are staying the same.

we cant do reverse grids because in the first place it will confuse the hell out of everyone and in the second place it would be downright dangerous, with the speed differntials between the classes, picture this driver in his first race in a fairly std nova or something with 40 cars that vary from a bit faster to insanely faster all overtaking the nova driver on the first lap, it doesnt bare thinking about
The LMA Euro Saloons came to a similar conclusion for 2008, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, so rule changes minimal this year

In our old Auto Italia days we used to do reverse grids, but lined up in reverse class sequence. So Class E at the front, but the class in normal (fastest on pole) order, then Class D etc back to Class A. Had surprisingly few major incidents over the 4 years I ran with the series but if someone near the front went off at first corner as happened at Snett, then it got BTCC messy (we lost 8 cars in that race). Thankfully I can only think of one other race where more than two didn't make it through

I kind of miss the thrill of trying to get past everyone, in theory if you all line up in normal grid order, there should never be any overtaking (are you listening F1 guys?)
Old 8 Dec 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2084365)   #163
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
we cant do reverse grids because in the first place it will confuse the hell out of everyone and in the second place it would be downright dangerous, with the speed differntials between the classes, picture this driver in his first race in a fairly std nova or something with 40 cars that vary from a bit faster to insanely faster all overtaking the nova driver on the first lap, it doesnt bare thinking about
Having been that guy in the Nova, I totally agree. It's really not a good idea in my eyes, I'd rather park it (or start from the pit-lane) than put myself and others at risk in a situation like that - I spend enough time looking in the mirrors already!
Old 8 Dec 2007, 16:41 (Ref:2084398)   #164
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saw the calendar today, nice December piccy Jon.....
Old 8 Dec 2007, 17:08 (Ref:2084412)   #165
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reverse grid are ok for a fun race,no way if you are going for a series race where points are critical,it's just not fair on the series leaders.I ,as the Victor Meldrew authority here had the most fun race I have had in yonks,but it was virtualy the last race of the season,no championships at stake,and it gave the backup boys a chance of getting onto the podium,all who did at Brands where most surprised.As said a smashing way to end the season,maybe a Santa race or something next year.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 9 Dec 2007, 15:21 (Ref:2084876)   #166
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
back to tyres for a second, if anyone really wants to run on treaded 1A/1B our cannons tintop challenge could be the place to be, rules are similar to DMN except, 1A/1B tyres only, no 4WD, no spaceframes or sports cars, no engines bigger than 6cyl, RWD turbo cars to run a inlet restrictor
Whilst we're talking tyres,are we still allowed to use any brand? (EG dunlop,michelin,avon etc)

Just thought I'd ask
Old 9 Dec 2007, 17:50 (Ref:2084950)   #167
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperbottom
Whilst we're talking tyres,are we still allowed to use any brand? (EG dunlop,michelin,avon etc)
yes

Old 9 Dec 2007, 22:23 (Ref:2085131)   #168
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although most people are now using Dunlops for obvious reasons. Also they will be present at several rounds.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2085708)   #169
pdd144c
Racer

England
Basingstoke
pdd144c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we get any discount from them Rod?
Old 10 Dec 2007, 18:04 (Ref:2085853)   #170
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Although most people are now using Dunlops for obvious reasons. Also they will be present at several rounds.
Shame they don't do slicks in the size I need
Old 10 Dec 2007, 19:00 (Ref:2085905)   #171
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i understand pete wilkingson is getting rid of the nissan
Old 10 Dec 2007, 19:01 (Ref:2085906)   #172
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well its up for sale I know that much and he wasn't sure what was going to happen for next season as was also planning to move house I think.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 19:58 (Ref:2085941)   #173
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I was chatting to John Cross for a while at the Motorsports show, that sounds like one hell of a car he is bringing out next year.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2085951)   #174
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to go a little off thread, but can anyone buy a calender or are they for club members only? Just wondered if a "man in orange" could buy one please?
Old 10 Dec 2007, 20:29 (Ref:2085965)   #175
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure you can Col, send either Rod Birley or Chezza a PM for the details.

PS: great signature you have, what am I then, international haulage?