Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Aug 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2749015)   #26
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Equipe John Rees/John Hutchison will be out in the Lotus 23 on the Monday Guards race (all done and dusted by lunchtime by the look of it)

Keep an eye out for us - looking forward to it very much, sadly I'm not entered this year, still getting the Lancia Beta back on its feet and the Lotus 18 gearbox now sorted but needs testing first. Crossle undergoing respray (and new screen courtesy of Arnie/ Bob Yarwood) and Scimitar should be out in the hands of No.1 son shortly

Looking forward to another Class Win (!)
Old 24 Aug 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2749382)   #27
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If anyone does have a couple of spare tickets for Monday we'd be interested......but we're racing at Mallory on Sunday, so don't want to take tickets away from anyone who can use them other days......
Old 24 Aug 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2749383)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
If anyone does have a couple of spare tickets for Monday we'd be interested......but we're racing at Mallory on Sunday, so don't want to take tickets away from anyone who can use them other days......
pm me your address lancs- I'll post you a couple as no other takers!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2749389)   #29
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks kind Sir...PM sent
Old 24 Aug 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2749465)   #30
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Iain, if you are in the 17 can you please attach delta flag to the roll bar so's I can see you behind me- the thing is so low- can just about see it when Jim is driving but......

As am on my tod for the event have spare tickets. Any Tenthers wanting to spectate, or other worthy cause pm me. They are valid all 3 days.

Mike, There are two of us coming from Glasgow to watch Sunday's action. If you happen to have one or two tickets left, they would be gratefully appreciated. Regards, Malcolm .
Old 24 Aug 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2749523)   #31
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Mic...Cup%202010.pdf

Entry list now available, stonking entry!!!

Bladders............
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2749602)   #32
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post
.....stonking entry!!!

Bladders............
Certainly is - thankfully extra camera memory arrived in the post today - think I'm going to be quite busy over the weekend.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2750063)   #33
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Through the wonder of web technology can I ask any current or ex Historic Formula Ford
boys here if they wish to come to the BBQ we're having at OP on Sunday night.
Let me know asap. we are 40 at the mo, picking Hertfordshires best sausages up on Friday. jane.dikkoATvirgin.net will get me.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2750182)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dick the last HistoricFF1600 race i did was at OP back in the 90's does that count..Alan Morgan has organised his Historic FF2000 BBQ that night as well./ Could be a good evening.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2750971)   #35
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pre-historic doesn't count
Old 29 Aug 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2751819)   #36
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical Oulton Park horizontal rain this morning, but sun came eventually and the galeforce winds dried everything out quickly. The GTSCC race was running at slow motion initially (wet), but the Minshaw/Stretton E kicked a*se. Some lovely machinery on show in this race.

Tomorrow's weather looks good, although I note that the Met Office says cloud coming in at 4pm just in time for the GT Guards race.....

Anyone else there tomorrow?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2751826)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skentellytubby View Post
Typical Oulton Park horizontal rain this morning, but sun came eventually and the galeforce winds dried everything out quickly. The GTSCC race was running at slow motion initially (wet), but the Minshaw/Stretton E kicked a*se. Some lovely machinery on show in this race.

Tomorrow's weather looks good, although I note that the Met Office says cloud coming in at 4pm just in time for the GT Guards race.....

Anyone else there tomorrow?
All being well I should be there.

Had thought about going today but the strong winds would have conspired against my planned extra day pf camera testing and learning - bad enough trying to work out something new (to me) without having to wonder if the crap results are me or the wind!

I was running behind with trying to get stuff done yesterday and, in the end, thought it would make more sense all round to skip 4hours on the road 2 days running, especially as I really need a very early start tomorrow.

So, disappointed to miss today but looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2751925)   #38
dgpearson
Rookie

England
kings newton nr Donington Park
dgpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ill be there cant wait always a good day Got 2 do 4 breakfasts 4 bikers who are stopping then going 2 a track day at Donington then im on my way
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2752015)   #39
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
After a good day racing at Mallory today, should be at Oulton tomorrow.....courtesy of Mr Bell!

Sunset tonight was brill, so hopefully weather should be kind tomorrow.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2752227)   #40
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there live timing on the web at all? I have a car there but sat at my desk in Moscow. Rather disconcerting. Don't know how you do it JR!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2752229)   #41
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not live but has this morning's qualifying etc

http://www.mstworld.com/Results/2010/10208hsc.pdf
Old 30 Aug 2010, 11:49 (Ref:2752232)   #42
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Lots of attrition in the touring car race. 19 finished, 12 DNF!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2752273)   #43
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Roger:Seems Joe boy finished in one piece!
It's easy,don't think about it!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2752286)   #44
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
I'm not quite ready for all that....
Old 30 Aug 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2752369)   #45
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
As expected, a good day at a very busy Oulton - met Mike Bell - thanks again for the tickets - looked as if you had a good race, even if you couldn't quite catch the D-type...tried to get a piccy or two but not sure if they'll be any good -I'll post if they are.

Also met Delta, GrantP and Alan Morgan.....Delta's explanation of the reason for his phone call to Alan asking how to get to Oulton (see lighter side thread) was very convincing-ish Good to meet you guys!

Found Skentelly's car in the paddock but couldn't find anyone around at the time - hope you enjoyed the race - it got a bit spread out at times but there were spasmodic dices going on - particularly at the end between Minshaw's E-type and the little Lotus

Have a good journey home, guys!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2752418)   #46
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Lots of attrition in the touring car race. 19 finished, 12 DNF!
Dropped oil at Knickerbrook chicane took out two cars; Harry Wyndaham couldn't restart his hot engine after a spin; a broken manifold and a broken 'A' bracket accounted for two more. The only retirements due to contact to my knowledge were a Mini spinning to avoid a spinning Abarth and both rear-ending each other. Not sure of the reasons for the other five.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2752419)   #47
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great day on Sunday, despite a wet start to the day. What a fantastic circuit.
I took a few photos, here are a couple of my favourites

There are some more here. Let me know if I managed to snap anyone here. I still have a load on my PC waiting to be processed.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/cdicken7/Oulton2010#

Thanks to all the drivers etc for some great racing.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2752453)   #48
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As expected, a good day at a very busy Oulton - met Mike Bell - thanks again for the tickets - looked as if you had a good race, even if you couldn't quite catch the D-type...tried to get a piccy or two but not sure if they'll be any good -I'll post if they are.

Also met Delta, GrantP and Alan Morgan.....Delta's explanation of the reason for his phone call to Alan asking how to get to Oulton (see lighter side thread) was very convincing-ish Good to meet you guys!

Found Skentelly's car in the paddock but couldn't find anyone around at the time - hope you enjoyed the race - it got a bit spread out at times but there were spasmodic dices going on - particularly at the end between Minshaw's E-type and the little Lotus

Think I was probably sulking somewhere - had a brush with the tyre wall at the exit of Shell on my out lap during qualifying. Yep, didnt even manage half a lap!! Dipstick. Also lost my upgrade card somewhere and it was my sixth race. Doh.

Still, lovely weather and some great cars out there.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2752467)   #49
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thoroughly enjoyed my visit on Sunday, a wonderful friendly atmosphere to enjoy the racing, pit visits and car displays. Thanks to Mike Bell for tickets, a pleasure to meet you. I've added a few pictures - if anyone is looking for any, please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Oulton 29 August 2010 028.jpg   Oulton 29 August 2010 042.jpg   Oulton 29 August 2010 334.jpg  

Oulton 29 August 2010 610.jpg   Oulton 29 August 2010 630.jpg   Oulton 29 August 2010 882.jpg  

Old 31 Aug 2010, 05:32 (Ref:2752550)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
looked as if you had a good race, even if you couldn't quite catch the D-type

Richard, after our discussion, where were you watching from? My attempts at getting 'Baby Blue' past the D type all came to a head at Lodge on last lap (although didn't know it then!) when I tried to outbrake him on the outside, lost the back and got half in the gravel! Fortunately the car came out again and then finished the job off with a 360 across the track Great race on a great circuit- Sir Stirling was on good form afterwards when picking up his pot for 3rd in class! Relieved that first experience of Oulton on monday morning was dry, can see that trees and different grip levels on old and new tarmac would make learning difficult!

Good to meet some other tenthers as well as Lancsbreaker, especially Malcolm Smith from north of the border. Also bumped into Alex Childs of Snett 6hrs fame (owner of the pretty Lancia Fulvia Zagato) at M6 Corley services on Sunday!

Apparantly the Gold Cup attracted record crowds, and at one point on Monday the access gates to paddock had to be manned to restrict public access due to 'H & S'. It was very busy, and rightly so- what a fabulous venue! The live rally stage was fantastic and so took time on sunday and monday to watch some of the action. Nothing beats the sound of an RS1600 on full song! (Although the Chevvy V8 Firenza got close.....) And the weather from 1300 hrs sunday and all monday was perfect.

The dreaded journey home on Bank holiday monday didn't start well due to someone's 'incident' on Warwick Bridge trying to leave circuit! Still, after that delay the expected jams never happened and was home by 2100. Can't believe that, but very relieved. (Although splashing out for M6 Toll may have helped!)

Some thanks of course- All the excellent Marshals & helpers, HSCC team who were very busy and MSV staff for the friendly an courteous way they handled the traffic. Lastly a special thanks to Alan Morgan for timing my pit stop for me- I don't trust Legends stop watches- sure they are slow!