Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Oct 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2779780)   #51
jimmynova
Rookie

England
Birmingham
jimmynova should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was absolutely freezing! Not many big names there Andy Scott won with Gareth Wood 2nd and Ian archer 3rd they were the only 4wd cars then dave black 4th kenny hall 5th. About 30 cars showed up although i believe this was due to entries being blocked by some people. I know there were entries put in for rx 150's but they were told that they would not be going and this wasn't by the events organisers.

However although not many big names there today i thought there was some cracking close racing even if it was more of a clubmans event i really enjoyed it!!!

After today i thought that this may be a way forward for peter stott organising no frill clubmans events with no tv coverage and keeping costs down to a minimum for the competitors. Just a thought!!!
Old 24 Oct 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2779816)   #52
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was planning to go with a few mates but with no entry list we didnt bother.

Is the lack of entries due to the location of the event or other reasons?
Old 24 Oct 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2779871)   #53
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmynova View Post
About 30 cars showed up although i believe this was due to entries being blocked by some people. I know there were entries put in for rx 150's but they were told that they would not be going and this wasn't by the events organisers.
I think you're getting the picture so I'd like to thank everyone who did turn up, whether competitor, spectator or marshal.

Regarding the lack of an entry list and bearing the above in mind it was felt that publishing a list would eventually result in fewer entries. I know this sounds daft and some of you will not agree but I'm sure you would if you saw the full picture. However, for the good of rallycross this is not the moment to turn things into a debate. What is more important is that the event did go ahead and despite the cold it was still a gloriously sunny day (it could have poured down instead!) and as has already been said, there was some cracking good racing. For those interested, these were the results:

A final: 1 Andy Scott (Peugeot 306); 2 Gareth Wood (Subaru Impreza); 3 Ian Archer (Subaru Impreza); 4 Dave Black (Vauxhall Astra); 5 Kenny Hall (Renault Clio); 6 Martin Peters (Citroen Saxo); 7 Ben Cree (Peugeot 205); 8 Matthew Leitch (Vauxhall Nova) DNF.

B final: 1 Matthew Leitch (Vauxhall Nova); 2 Ben Cree (Peugeot 205); 3 Gary Coxon (Vauxhall Corsa); 4 Ian Biagi (Mini Clubman); 5 Mark Scott (Vauxhall Astra); 6 David Ewin (Ford Fiesta); 7 Adam Clark (Citroen Saxo); 8 Michael Boak (Audi TT Diesel) DNF.

C final: 1 Michael Boak (Audi TT Diesel); 2 Adam Clark (Citroen Saxo); 3 Malcolm Boyd (BMW 325i); 4 Dave Tulett (Seat Ibiza); 5 Jim McDowall (Mazda 323); 6 Darren Swales (Peugeot 205); 7 John Kennedy (Peugeot 205); 8 Scott Amos (Vauxhall Nova) DNF.

D final: 1 John Kennedy (Peugeot 205); 2 Scott Amos (Vauxhall Nova); 3 Barry Dutton (Renault Megane); 4 David Bell (Rover Mini); 5 Jim Black (Vauxhall Corsa); 6 John Murray (Vauxhall Nova) DNF.

Rally Cars (individual): 1 Ian Archer (Subaru Impreza); 2 Brian Jukes (Seat Ibiza); 3 Jamie McDowall (Mazda 323).
Old 24 Oct 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2779888)   #54
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I fail to understand what has gone on here? Spectators see Rallycross as a sport, and dont look at who is promoting it, if they attend one event with a poor car count, they will no doubt think twice before attending another event no matter what the championship/event.

Poor car counts are hurt the image of the sport as a whole.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2780053)   #55
redtop raiders
Rookie

redtop raiders should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
poor car counts are not whats hurting the sport, its the politics between championships that are causing the problems.
i for one dont give a sh-t who is running a championship, i just want to be able to enter an event and get a good days racing for my money.

i was at knockhill and had a cracking weekend,
yes the entries were low , but for what ever reason the drivers that did take part put on a good show and did not let any politics put them off enjoying their days rallycross
Old 25 Oct 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2780054)   #56
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmynova View Post
About 30 cars showed up although i believe this was due to entries being blocked by some people. I know there were entries put in for rx 150's but they were told that they would not be going and this wasn't by the events organisers.
If correct I think that explains the situation perfectly. Poor form if it is the case and think this kind of thing is more damaging to rallycross in the UK and it's image than not showing an entry list.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 08:35 (Ref:2780077)   #57
RICKY_BOBBY
Rookie

RICKY_BOBBY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought the event was actually a great bit of fun, everybody their competing had a smile on their face all day, i have my own opinion about whats damaging the sport as a competitor at the moment. i dont care as to who's events i compete at i simply do the sport for fun but having spoke to a number of drivers and followers of the sport at the weekend the public airing of innoppropriate statements and people 'talking others out of entering' (which i have not personally experienced) seems to be a big issue, its certanly putting me of rallycross at the moment

i agree that peter should look at running low budget, low profile club events, he does them very well in my opinion.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2780111)   #58
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
going to have a small moan/bit of constructive feedback at Mr Organiser seeing as he posts on here, 2 things,

1 as there was approx a 30 minute delay between heats couldnt that have been advised as marshals stand down, as most posts on the rallycross track are a fair hike from the loos if we had known there was going to be 20 minutes downtime then a comfort break could have been taken

2. as we were running ahead of schedule why only a 30 minute lunch break, a full 45 minutes off post would have allowed us to chill a bit and perhaps have a walk round the paddock as i would have liked to have seen the cars a wee bit more closely

apart from that I thought the day went well
Old 25 Oct 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2780435)   #59
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to the organisers for putting it on in what were obviously very difficult circumstances. If there were any people trying to discourage others from entering or blocking entries then those people should be ashamed of themselves. As far as I'm concerned people who behave like this are not welcome in our sport. Isn't there something in the MSA rules about actions that bring motorsport into disrepute? Trying to stop a meeting going ahead surely counts as that.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2780459)   #60
jock3
Rookie

jock3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite a low turnout it wasn't a bad day with a decent bit of action, could have done without the couple of long delays. For everyone who didn't make it here's an album of nearly 200 images HERE
Old 26 Oct 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2780587)   #61
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, this type of behaviour has apparently been going on on for some time.

Having two series is something I have ALWAYS vehemently disagreed with, ralycross doesnt need it, nor does any sport.

But actions ike this are juvenile, vindictive and counter productive. No one else was running an event so what is the problem?

As for the future, let's hope those that matter just get on with and trya nd combine the best of both worolds a better championsip.

Oh and to those drivers who moan about punters complaining about meetings on here, it's alright for you, you are getting something out of it and have paid handsomely so dont ***** about speccies having a pop, that is simply pointless, they are coming at an event from polar opposites.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2780699)   #62
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find the bickering that is going on in our sport is getting worse

Both championships have good and bad points we need to embrace the good points and look at making our sport competitive in the market place for drivers spectators and sponsors alike or as with all businesses through the recession we are going to struggle !

We need more positivity than negativity
Old 26 Oct 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2780709)   #63
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
I find the bickering that is going on in our sport is getting worse

Both championships have good and bad points we need to embrace the good points and look at making our sport competitive in the market place for drivers spectators and sponsors alike or as with all businesses through the recession we are going to struggle !

We need more positivity than negativity
A shame some of the people running the sport apparantly don't share this sentiment. If they did we might start getting some where. Strides have been made but if the alleged beheavour mentioned continues then the sport will not get where everbody wants it to be. I always try to be positive but hearing about the weekends goings on's has made me quite angry and I wasn't even there and have never favoured either championship.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2780716)   #64
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was a shame there was not more competitors made the trip up north , knockhill is a fantastic rallycross track and it was a good event , a good days rallycrossing had by all . As Mark says lets be positive and bring our sport up not drag it down
Old 26 Oct 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2780752)   #65
A Sport Racing
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
A Sport Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No 1 tried stopping me from racing at the weekend it was my own decision not to go and was made easier by the fact that my car had been sold, but while we are on this topic no 1 will ever tell me where i can and cant race, irrespective of what class i am racing in, i would love to know how people were blocked from entering. I agree totally with Mark and Mike we need to be posative and not negative and take rallycross to a new level for the good of the sport and all the negative, interfeering waste of spaces who just thrive on gossip to make a story need leaving behind to fester in there own mindless world rallycross does not need you ..............
Old 26 Oct 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2780768)   #66
M.Lowe
Veteran

Good pics there Jock3
Good to see Dave "The Rave" Ewin out in the pics and Ian Biaggi
I used to watch him in the Biaggi special when I was a steward with Anita and Peter Robinson at North East Autocross events
Old 26 Oct 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2780849)   #67
redtop raiders
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe View Post
Good pics there Jock3
Good to see Dave "The Rave" Ewin out in the pics and Ian Biaggi
I used to watch him in the Biaggi special when I was a steward with Anita and Peter Robinson at North East Autocross events

and he still brings it out and competes in all the autocross events
Old 26 Oct 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2780875)   #68
M.Lowe
Veteran

The last time time I seen that compete was just before the rules about roofs being attached to the specials
Is the Googleplex still about?
Old 26 Oct 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2780898)   #69
Flying Scotsman
Rookie

Scotland
St Boswells
Flying Scotsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I competed at the event, enjoyed every minute a big thank you must go to all marshalls!!Who won the two wheel drive superprix ??

Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 26 Oct 2010 at 21:00. Reason: missed last bit out
Old 26 Oct 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2780899)   #70
rossjmcgregor
Rookie

rossjmcgregor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly hope the Superprix comes back to Knockhill next year, but this time hopefully with more high-profile entries!

Incidentally, i've uploaded one or two pics from sunday, check them out here if you're interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rossjmcgregor/ (got some other pics from Knockhill this year too)
Old 27 Oct 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2781030)   #71
redtop raiders
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe View Post
The last time time I seen that compete was just before the rules about roofs being attached to the specials
Is the Googleplex still about?

ha ha thats definitley a blast from the past, no, not seen the googleplex for a lot of years.
there are a few faces coming back to autocross though, bill falconer has competed this year, his first time back for a lot of years
Old 27 Oct 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2781038)   #72
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sport Racing View Post
No 1 tried stopping me from racing at the weekend it was my own decision not to go and was made easier by the fact that my car had been sold, but while we are on this topic no 1 will ever tell me where i can and cant race, irrespective of what class i am racing in, i would love to know how people were blocked from entering. I agree totally with Mark and Mike we need to be posative and not negative and take rallycross to a new level for the good of the sport and all the negative, interfeering waste of spaces who just thrive on gossip to make a story need leaving behind to fester in there own mindless world rallycross does not need you ..............
I resent being called an interfering waste of space particularly as I've always tried to be positive about the sport despite all the b******s of the last few years. I was only making a valid point.
Old 27 Oct 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2781089)   #73
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been a while since ive been posting on here, Last week there was a bit of discussion on the root of all evil, facebook, about one of the series threatening to sue the other over use of the "Rallycross" logo in their promotional material, Albeit it was in a photo used in the material (which is not exactly the most notable of positions!) for promotion. Is this really what is in the best interest? If its for the promotion of the sport let it go!
Old 27 Oct 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2781094)   #74
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones View Post
Been a while since ive been posting on here, Last week there was a bit of discussion on the root of all evil, facebook, about one of the series threatening to sue the other over use of the "Rallycross" logo in their promotional material, Albeit it was in a photo used in the material (which is not exactly the most notable of positions!) for promotion. Is this really what is in the best interest? If its for the promotion of the sport let it go!
especially as that logo is actually from DIRT, right? So most people's thoughts who don't know the score will just think it is promoting a video game, and those who do know, won't give a hoot.

And no, it's not in anyone's interest. Such a shame that in many aspects the sport is taking leaps forward, but in many others, huge steps back.
Old 27 Oct 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2781151)   #75
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
especially as that logo is actually from DIRT, right?
Yeah, its from DiRT 2. I don't know the specifics, but I know that the logo from DiRT 2 has been secured (possibly trademarked?) as the new logo/branding for the BRxC.

I also understand that there is quite a high level of co-operation between the BRxC and Codemasters for DiRT 3.

I'm sure there is a lot more to this story then I'm aware of. Irrespective, even with the little I do know, its pretty obviously that bickering and negativity is bad for rallycross as a sport. If the arguing parties could get things straightened out then surely there is the potential to transform British rallycross - I just hope they don't realise this too late.