Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Oct 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2781154)   #76
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They've only got the rights to use it and they've said that anything else using the image is against the copyright law. I know Liam has been involved in the development to DIRT3, at what level im not sure but for someone to issue legal proceedings over something so weak is a bit silly. As far as im aware the material isn't in breach of the copyright since its on Andy Scotts car!
Old 27 Oct 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2781180)   #77
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I work in the legal industry and there are rules on a logo's appearance in a photo being incidental (section 31 of Copyright, Patents and Design Act 1988, if you really are interested), such as the FA logo on football shirts appearing in photos. Anyway, that is WAY off-topic. Suffice to say that this is complex area but seems to be a very minor point and is definitely damaging rallycross.

Also, look forward to DIRT 3!! If Liam is involved, surely we get to race around Lydden!?!
Old 27 Oct 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2781197)   #78
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
No word confirmed on Lydden being included as a rallycross circuit, Only fictional ones have been confirmed as of yet! (Los Angeles, Michigan, Aspen & Monaco)
Old 27 Oct 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2781234)   #79
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can remember at least once an british champ round poster having an open championship sticker in view.Like others have said its Rallycross being advertised not a brand!

As for talking drivers out of racing ! Just think why there where so little super car/Super Mod drivers who ever entered a non British Champ Round?

A small clue is back when tyres where not free choice...but it seams that the anti has moved up a few clicks .
Old 27 Oct 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2781393)   #80
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So how were the europeans attracted to the rallycross superprix in previous years?

I realise Hansen raced because of Citroen UK, and with a British ERC round, maybe the need is not there for them to fund a second visit.

But how were the super nationals tempted to come across and race, and does the loss of croft and the channel ferries mean that cannot be repeated?

where does the superprix go from here?
Old 28 Oct 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2781490)   #81
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that even in the old days of Brands, people like P&O and Sealink were involved in attracting ferries from places like Norway and most of the people on them would be drivers and teams perhaps? Plus the GP in those days got huge crowds, BBC coverage etc so was easier to attract drivers. They are hugely different days back then both financially and in rallycross.#

These days Europeans only come over to hire out cars or sell them on. I imagine the Supers were attracted with a travel fund? THey used to do Belgium/Holland ERC aswell. And look now over there are getting loads of Volvo's? And mainly self built not bought from Scandinavia.

You have to speculate to accumulate sometimes, and over here there is so much posturing and bickering things get left behind
Old 28 Oct 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2781508)   #82
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Most of them got free entry to the event and a good deal on the ferry if I remember reading on the old website a few years back, The Hansen funding ended before the Lydden ERC had even been run hadn't it?
Old 28 Oct 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2781675)   #83
Coppertop
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex
Coppertop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When the SuperPrix and Inter Nations were in their 'heyday' the majority of 'big names' were actually paid an appearance fee and had the majority of their expenses met.

This was possible years ago when countries and sport had money, unfortunately this isn't the case for either at the moment so that would have an impact on them coming over.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2782484)   #84
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant believe some of what im reading here, what has happened to the sport I love? Is it really being run by some kind of dictatorship? I doubt it.

Anyway as far as the Superprix is concerned it should only continue in name if it is actually something super. I felt and stated in the past that Peter Stott would have been better off organising clubmans type meetings, bringing new drivers into the sport on a budget, without the glare of tv cameras etc and then see and help some progress on to the BRC , but though most of their meetings were low key they still insisted on trying to promote them as something they were not.

As a spectator and as others have said I dont give 2 hoots whos organising the meeting. I just want to see big entries, good racing and organized to a professional standard and even if the entry isnt that big to at least know what im going to see. Thankfully I have easy access to cross channel ferries so I can and do get to see all of the above by taking in some French rallycross rounds and if things continue as they are thats where I shall concentrate.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2782584)   #85
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair for several seasons Peter was the ONLY organiser running a meaningful international meeting in Britain - the Superprix (despite a boycott by some British rivals who didn't have anything like it to offer). Whatever happened this year give credit where its due.

Yes we now have an ERC round but domestic rallycross is in a worst state than ever. Too many conflicts of interest, people trying to block entries, tiny grids, new meetings like Mallory that are a fiasco... A fresh start is needed that combines the best of both organisers. Unless British domestic rallycross gets back on track we won't have an ERC round for long as there are plenty of other countries who want it and have a domestic set up that is in much better shape.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2782927)   #86
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't understand whats happening over in england whether it be too many championships the amount of travel involved to get to meetings for some people or maybe the economy has suffered a bit more than here in ireland because the rallycross over here is almost booming . There was an average of almost 90 entries per event all last year and the same 3 weeks ago and i'm led to believe there is a few more entries for next weekend give or take that is without a few championship regulars . . .