Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Oct 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3147166)   #351
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I made a joke. Chuckle and move on. Everything has been so damn serious around here the past few years...
Yes please. MOVE ON everyone.

This is a thread about Petit entries. Let's leave it at that.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 01:03 (Ref:3147315)   #352
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I made a joke. Chuckle and move on. Everything has been so damn serious around here the past few years...
I thought it was funny!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 02:28 (Ref:3147337)   #353
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
I thought it was funny!
Same! Ah well, the it go under the bridge. I'm happy to see the Franchitti brothers getting some driving time together, should be interesting to see what Dario can do, last time I saw him out was in the Highcroft ARX-02a in '09!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3147568)   #354
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Same! Ah well, the it go under the bridge. I'm happy to see the Franchitti brothers getting some driving time together, should be interesting to see what Dario can do, last time I saw him out was in the Highcroft ARX-02a in '09!
I hope Marino can actually get a stint in the race. He hashad some bad luck on that front this season. If I were him I would be begging to start the race!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 15:22 (Ref:3147627)   #355
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Be good to see the Bro's together . Be even better to see just the 2 of them teamed up together in a dceent P car for the full season .
Old 7 Oct 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3147705)   #356
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm hoping it's enough for Dario to get bitten by the bug again. He's a bit further on in his career now that he could start looking at options outside of IndyCar.

We need Ashley Judd at Le Mans to compete with Dr Ullrich and De Chaunac for screen time!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3147729)   #357
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I decided to come to Petit. I wasn't going to given the entry list isn't the greatest, but I was able to do it very cheaply, so I decided to go.

Plus with the new series coming in 2014, I think 2013 could be a big lame duck year as teams prepare for the new series. And there's always the chance that the Frances sell Road Atlanta to real estate developers (although I don't think it'll happen).

I'm just flying down early on race day, but it should be fun, none the less.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3147887)   #358
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Attending my third Petit Le Mans, but first for my wife.

Went in 2008 and 2011, and loved it both times. Both terrific races.

I am pleasantly surprised at how good the entry list is this year, especially with the ELMS teams and the Delta Wing.

I have been reading the posts regarding Scott Tucker and the Franchittis. While I agree that people who utitlize Pay Lenders like Tucker need to have their heads examined, I still think what he is doing is morally bankrupt.

I am not without fault and I have made some rather regretful decisions in my life, but I still think he is a rather unsavoury character.

Having said that, he is a damn good driver. And, with the Franchittis along for the ride, he stands a very good chance at winning the P2 class at Petit and the overall win if the P1 teams falter.

Should be a great race. I really love Murphy Prototypes, and I would love to see them take the P2 honours. And, of course, I hope both Wilkins and Marcelli have good runs in LMPC and do the Canadian flag proud.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3148296)   #359
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw the SRT haulers on my way to work this morning.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3148350)   #360
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I saw the SRT haulers on my way to work this morning.
That kinda stuff gets the blood pumping.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3148376)   #361
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That kinda stuff gets the blood pumping.
Yes it does. Also, I haven't been able to attend a race this year so I am itching to get there.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3148385)   #362
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're so excited to see that so many are attending Petit this year! Be sure to stop by the Falken rig and say hi! We've met several Ten Tenthers this year already!

For those who are in the Atlanta area already or will get in early, ALMS is throwing a Pre-Petit party for the fans at Mall of Georgia by PF Changs. It's going to be Friday, October 13 from 6pm to 9pm (Of course our own Bryan and Wolf will be there). If we hear of any other events going on around race week, we'll let you know! See you all soon!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3148393)   #363
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
We're so excited to see that so many are attending Petit this year! Be sure to stop by the Falken rig and say hi! We've met several Ten Tenthers this year already!

For those who are in the Atlanta area already or will get in early, ALMS is throwing a Pre-Petit party for the fans at Mall of Georgia by PF Changs. It's going to be Friday, October 13 from 6pm to 9pm (Of course our own Bryan and Wolf will be there). If we hear of any other events going on around race week, we'll let you know! See you all soon!
You guys kick ass.

I shoudla came and said hello at Mosport, but I forgot.

Woulda been nice to see the Vipers there too... Oh well. Everyone have fun down at RA!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3148397)   #364
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Is it Friday or Saturday? Cause Sat is the 13th.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3148402)   #365
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's on Saturday. Testing starts on Sunday and Monday. Teams will start moving in on Friday.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3148455)   #366
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for catching that! We'll let the organizers know the date they have is wrong! whew. It's Saturday, October 13.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3148465)   #367
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
You guys kick ass.

I shoudla came and said hello at Mosport, but I forgot.

Woulda been nice to see the Vipers there too... Oh well. Everyone have fun down at RA!
Thank you! Bummer we didn't see you at Mosport. Next year?
Old 8 Oct 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3148472)   #368
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
FalkenALMS, I don't think I have said it before, but thanks to the company for their support of racing and thanks to you for visiting this forum!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3148492)   #369
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
FalkenALMS, I don't think I have said it before, but thanks to the company for their support of racing and thanks to you for visiting this forum!
I'll be sure to pass the word along. Thank you for the kind words!

We also owe a huge thank you to the Mods of Ten Tenths who allow us to been here. Other forums have not been so kind and have kicked us off, seeing our insider information as spam and useless. We are SO grateful for Ten Tenths being so kind and helpful to us. This is a great forum and we're more than happy to spread the word to other enthusiasts
Old 8 Oct 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3148499)   #370
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
owe a huge thank you to the Mods of Ten Tenths who allow us to be here. Other forums have not been so kind
Thanks Mods for all you do also!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3148520)   #371
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
Attending my third Petit Le Mans, but first for my wife.

Went in 2008 and 2011, and loved it both times. Both terrific races.

I am pleasantly surprised at how good the entry list is this year, especially with the ELMS teams and the Delta Wing.

I have been reading the posts regarding Scott Tucker and the Franchittis. While I agree that people who utitlize Pay Lenders like Tucker need to have their heads examined, I still think what he is doing is morally bankrupt.

I am not without fault and I have made some rather regretful decisions in my life, but I still think he is a rather unsavoury character.

Having said that, he is a damn good driver. And, with the Franchittis along for the ride, he stands a very good chance at winning the P2 class at Petit and the overall win if the P1 teams falter.

Should be a great race. I really love Murphy Prototypes, and I would love to see them take the P2 honours. And, of course, I hope both Wilkins and Marcelli have good runs in LMPC and do the Canadian flag proud.
Enjoy the race, and kudos for the considered and positive post!

Chris
Old 8 Oct 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3148527)   #372
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We also owe a huge thank you to the Mods of Ten Tenths who allow us to been here. Other forums have not been so kind and have kicked us off, seeing our insider information as spam and useless. We are SO grateful for Ten Tenths being so kind and helpful to us. This is a great forum and we're more than happy to spread the word to other enthusiasts
Your being here is a win-win situation, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's fair to say that we (by which I mean all of our Sportscar & GT members, not just the 'staff') have thoroughly enjoyed the exchanges your presence on 10Tenths has enabled. Your thread has been hugely insightful and informative, and you have also taken the time and trouble to engage in other threads (110 posts to date). This has all been done without overt self promotion and in the 'for the fans' spirit synonomous with the ALMS. I can safely say it has been an eductaion and a pleasure to have you aboard.....and long may the association continue!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3148555)   #373
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'll be sure to pass the word along. Thank you for the kind words!

FalkenALMS, I find it hard to believe that other Forum's wouldn't want this type of information on their Forums. Thanks to Ten Tenths Mods for being good guys and letting you on. We really appreciate the scoops and updates you bring that give a lot of us ordinary Joe's such great insider Info. thank you for taking the time to fill us in.

Is their any chance you guys will ever run a second car? Maybe at this year's Petit?

DK
Old 9 Oct 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3148664)   #374
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Your being here is a win-win situation, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's fair to say that we (by which I mean all of our Sportscar & GT members, not just the 'staff') have thoroughly enjoyed the exchanges your presence on 10Tenths has enabled. Your thread has been hugely insightful and informative, and you have also taken the time and trouble to engage in other threads (110 posts to date). This has all been done without overt self promotion and in the 'for the fans' spirit synonomous with the ALMS. I can safely say it has been an eductaion and a pleasure to have you aboard.....and long may the association continue!
Agreed - Well done to Falken and the TT mods......

James - I think you will have the pit visit sorted when and if Falken make it to Le Mans!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3148749)   #375
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
James - I think you will have the pit visit sorted when and if Falken make it to Le Mans!
Imagine the shock & horror if Arakis & Rich07 were there that year , they couldnt possibily attend that visit , not without seriously blowing their cover !!!

Yeehaa ..... Porsche through and through . Love to see Falken at Le Mans though