Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 16 Sep 2001, 10:20 (Ref:146889)   #1
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changes at Ten-Tenths

Good morning everyone -

I'd firstly like to apologise for the delay in posting this announcement, it's taken me a while to get my brain back into gear after recent events.

Over the last month we've been making some fairly large changes at Ten-Tenths, which will affect the way the site is run for all of us. I'll detail these below.

Firstly, as some of you will already have noticed, Craig Antill has decided to step down as head of Ten-Tenths. Craig no longer has any involement in the running or administration of the site, and has expressed a wish to return to being simply a user of the site like the rest of us. Therefore we've needed to put out the appeals that you've seen for help running the site, for which I'd like to thank you all for the excellent respone received so far.

Appointments
Craig's role of Webmaster, which involves fixing problems with any part of Ten-Tenths not functioning correctly, has been taken on by me. Anything you see that is broken can be reported to me as webmaster@ten-tenths.com, and I'll get right onto it.
The WebMaster role also largely covers making enhancements to the site. Likewise if you've got any suggestions for new parts to the site, you can either post them in the Questions/Suggestions/Feedback forum, or email them to me above.

Steering Committee
As I have no plans to run the site on my own, at Craig's suggestion a Steering Committee has been formed to plan out and implement the way ahead for Ten-Tenths.com. This committee currently consists of Gerard as Chairman, Liz, EERO, AMoffatt and myself..
The committee's primary role is to ensure the smooth running of the site as a whole, and any decisions on the site will be taken by us as a group, there will be no one person dictating the future of the site. We'll listen to what you all have to say, and hopefully the changes we make will benefit us all.

Forums
On the forum side of things, we'd like to thank Minardi Fan for filling in the role of moderator in the Trackside forum.
We also welcome a new member to the Ten-Tenths staff, Wrex, who is now in charge of the links directory. Any problems or questions you have relating to the Links directory can be sent to links@ten-tenths.com

Jobs still available
As the site moves forward, we'll be in touch with those who've offered assistance with writing for the site, and participating in the development of the site on the technical side of things.
More immediately, we need a volunteer to take over the running of the Polls section. This is not a huge amount of work, it requires setting a new question each week, and collating the results at the end of each poll. If you're interested, webmaster@ten-tenths.com would love to hear from you - thanks!
Old 21 Sep 2001, 09:01 (Ref:149062)   #2
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the initial creation of the steering committee, it was concluded that one or two younger members of the forum be added in order to keep a a balance. Therefore we have decided to add Bella and Ralf's Girl to the committee.

Welcome to both