Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Jan 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4027284)   #1326
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Fixed that for you
😂😂
Old 6 Jan 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4027286)   #1327
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fixed that for you

Watch this space
Old 6 Jan 2021, 21:12 (Ref:4027289)   #1328
Lee TinTop
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lee TinTop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed, however the actual interview could have been done several days prior to that. This feels like where we were back in March last year - the situation is rapidly evolving. It's all very well TOCA staying that they are planning to start the season as normal with spectators and hospitality, but too many people will get fooled into thinking that will definitely happen. I don't think anyone can accurately predict where we will be in 3 weeks time let alone 3 months time.

It's a bit like the comments in this thread from people quoting the govt website about what you can and can't do in terms of race meetings and getting marshals. Those are the rules as at today, which were different from the rules a week ago, and may well be different again in a week from now.

Sorry if I'm being overly negative.
The interview was on 4th January at 10am
Old 6 Jan 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4027292)   #1329
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Shame, end of an era, Bartrum and Motorbase has been a big part of the BTCC in the last decade or so.

Wonder whether they'll be running under the Motorbase name, or AmD, or MB? Let's not combine them into another stupidly long team name... AmD Tuning with MB Motorsport with Motorbase Performance accelerated by Blue Square accelerated by Green Group accelerated by the Andy Neate Fan Club
article says team will stay with motorbase name.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4027293)   #1330
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could it be the lack of main sponsor ? they were mainly plain red this season
Old 6 Jan 2021, 22:06 (Ref:4027300)   #1331
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
article says team will stay with motorbase name.

That’s good to hear. No offence to AMD, but Motorbase have been great stalwarts of the championship and deserve to stay
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4027353)   #1332
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting that the articles (I've read) don't seem to confirm Hill as first driver?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4027358)   #1333
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's quite sad, I wonder what is behind Bartrum's decision to sell the team. If I were him I'd feel as if I was selling my own child... but quite possibly it's about the money.

Does it mean it'll be now four-car Motorbase team and no AMD/Blundell team? Or is MB going to be a seperate entity?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4027359)   #1334
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Interesting that the articles (I've read) don't seem to confirm Hill as first driver?
From Autosport mag
"With Motorbase’s 2020 team leader Rory Butcher linked heavily with replacing Tom Ingram at the Speedworks Toyota squad, it appears that Jake Hill – already confirmed as remaining in the AmD/MB stable for 2021 – will spearhead the Ford attack. Osborne Jr is a logical pick considering his father’s role. Motorbase’s two-time 2020 race winner Ollie Jackson already has an AmD history, while the other member of the Ford squad last season was Andy Neate – none of this trio have confirmed their 2021 programmes to date."
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4027360)   #1335
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Never mind, Autosport has more details and confirms Jake

"It means that four of the fourth-generation Ford Focuses, built and developed by Motorbase prior to the 2020 season, will compete in 2021 – two will run under the Motorbase banner, and two as MB Motorsport, named in recognition of AmD commercial partner Mark Blundell. They will all be fielded out of Motorbase’s premises in Wrotham, Kent."
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4027363)   #1336
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
He was confirmed back in November - along with the name of (at least part) of the team for 2021:

https://www.btcc.net/2020/11/13/jake...uare-for-2021/
Old 7 Jan 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4027367)   #1337
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Power MaxedVauxhall AstraPlatoConfirmed in press release
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra???Confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8CammishConfirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8Shedden?Confirmed in press release, Neal talked about options away from racing and trying to get a deal for Flash
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGoffConfirmed in press release
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGeddieConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra LeonTaylor-SmithConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra Leon???Confirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50BoardleyConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iMorganConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330i???Confirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30Smiley?Strongly suggest in Bert Taylor social media
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30ButelConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30Ingram?Confirmed in press release - Ingram rumoured in press
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30???Confirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusHillConfirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusO.Jackson?Rumours of car/driver connected to Motorbase/Hollamby
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusNeate? Confirmed in press release
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusOsborne? Confirmed in press release – Osborne family involved with purchase of team
WSRBMW 330iJelley?Reported as considering a move away from Parker
WSRBMW 330iOliphant?Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
WSRBMW 330i???Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8CookConfirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8Crees Confirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8??? Confirmed in press release
SpeedworksToyota CorollaButcher?Confirmed in press article
SpeedworksToyota Corolla???Confirmed in press article

Likely Entries   
??????ChiltonNot mentioned in connection to BTC entry
??????RowbottomIn this very thread from the driver!

Possible Entries   
??????Parfitt JrPublicising an attempt to be on the grid
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8???Intention for 3rd car reported in MN - depending on TBL

Entries with doubt   
Parker??????Rumoured to have left BTCC

All entries could be marked '*' due to COVID   
Old 7 Jan 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4027368)   #1338
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Having heard years of comments that Speedworks will struggle to develop their car as fast as others due to only having one entry. Are we now entering an era where we will continually hear comments that Speedworks will struggle to develop their car as fast others due to only having two entries?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4027369)   #1339
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
It's quite sad, I wonder what is behind Bartrum's decision to sell the team. If I were him I'd feel as if I was selling my own child... but quite possibly it's about the money.

Does it mean it'll be now four-car Motorbase team and no AMD/Blundell team? Or is MB going to be a seperate entity?
He's not getting any younger. At some point we all want to enjoy the fruits of our labours. Being able to sell the team with the name and staff staying the same (other than top guy) is about as good as it gets for slow down plans.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4027385)   #1340
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
He's not getting any younger. At some point we all want to enjoy the fruits of our labours. Being able to sell the team with the name and staff staying the same (other than top guy) is about as good as it gets for slow down plans.
More to do with the fact he was running the team largely out of his own pocket in 2020 the same as he did in 2015 and money isn't infinite, and a global pandemic hasn't made sponsors more likely to fund motorsport. The time was right to call it a day.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4027387)   #1341
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Dave isn't getting any younger, money isn't growing on trees and he can obviously see the commitment and professionalism Blundell and Hollamby have. He's given the organisation he built and all of the workforce a future. Good on him.

I do hope that in the future when covid is a distant memory he'll be at events bantering with all and sundry. Great character is Dave.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4027388)   #1342
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Having heard years of comments that Speedworks will struggle to develop their car as fast as others due to only having one entry. Are we now entering an era where we will continually hear comments that Speedworks will struggle to develop their car as fast others due to only having two entries?
We'll enter that era in 2022
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4027389)   #1343
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Autosport article on the Motorbase takeover also mentions Senna Proctor a possible driver at Cicely as well as Chilton. Quotes from Norman Burgess.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4027404)   #1344
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
The Autosport article on the Motorbase takeover also mentions Senna Proctor a possible driver at Cicely as well as Chilton. Quotes from Norman Burgess.
Chilton was looking at WSR too but if they are full as rumoured there aren't many seats left up for grabs. The question at WSR woukd be if they can keep Turk's if BMW bail out as rumoured.

Dynamic's 2nd seat, as Neal was quoted may need to be financially viable, points to Honda possibly exiting, though they could still run 3 cars if the deals are right and they can get a TBL.

Add another name to the returning drivers we could see as well as Rowbo, add Sam Smelt.

Personally I'd prefer to see Proctor in at Ciceley,but have heard him linked to the remaining BTC Honda. Talking of BTC, I see they are switching to the Swindon engine for this season.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4027410)   #1345
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Dynamic's 2nd seat, as Neal was quoted may need to be financially viable, points to Honda possibly exiting, though they could still run 3 cars if the deals are right and they can get a TBL.
IIRC, Neal's reference to being financially viable was more about the return on giving his son the drive, rather than the team being able to enter. Their main financial backers are signed on for a few years yet having extended the contracts.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4027416)   #1346
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Chilton was looking at WSR too but if they are full as rumoured there aren't many seats left up for grabs. The question at WSR woukd be if they can keep Turk's if BMW bail out as rumoured.

Add another name to the returning drivers we could see as well as Rowbo, add Sam Smelt.

Personally I'd prefer to see Proctor in at Ciceley,but have heard him linked to the remaining BTC Honda. Talking of BTC, I see they are switching to the Swindon engine for this season.
I've seen some of these rumours on the reddit silly season site, so I'm guessing that that is where you got them from.
https://www.reddit.com/r/btcc/commen..._silly_season/
If the Senna Proctor to BTC link is derived from pigeon445's comment on the site, that is my reddit account, and it was just a guess. If it is derived from a more trustworthy source, then maybe my guess was correct!
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4027424)   #1347
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion it'd be a bit of a shame if Proctor was to leave Exclr8 after just a single season. He was quite impressive in that Hyundai and possibly new year could mean even better results.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4027428)   #1348
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
In my opinion it'd be a bit of a shame if Proctor was to leave Exclr8 after just a single season. He was quite impressive in that Hyundai and possibly new year could mean even better results.
Might be trying to escape Smiley. I understand he’s got something of a reputation as a team mate as well as out on the track and being somewhat *difficult* to get along with.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4027434)   #1349
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I bet Chilton wakes up at night in a cold sweat thinking about the Focus.....
Old 7 Jan 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4027442)   #1350
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I've seen some of these rumours on the reddit silly season site, so I'm guessing that that is where you got them from.
https://www.reddit.com/r/btcc/commen..._silly_season/
If the Senna Proctor to BTC link is derived from pigeon445's comment on the site, that is my reddit account, and it was just a guess. If it is derived from a more trustworthy source, then maybe my guess was correct!
I'm not on Reddit, this comes from a BTCC source, now hearing Proctor's deal is done but missing the key info of who with