Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give this year's Brazilian Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 15 30.61%
7 15 30.61%
6 10 20.41%
5 5 10.20%
4 1 2.04%
3 1 2.04%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Mark Webber 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Nov 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3473161)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Brazilian Grand Prix

What score do you give this year's Brazilian Grand Prix?
Old 9 Nov 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3473216)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An intriguing 8.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3473220)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ill take an 8 as well.

battles up and down the track with some funny moments provided by Piquet.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3473221)   #4
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I actually enjoyed this one...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 9 Nov 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3473226)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did find myself getting distracted a couple of times but then this race was always about tyre management and very hot track conditions, 55ºC at one point and not out and out racing, so from that point of view I found it was interesting. 7
Old 9 Nov 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3473264)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
some great tactics and good racing but domination of mercedes does lower some of the excitement so gave it a 6
Old 9 Nov 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3473271)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7. Quite enjoyed it. Shame we didn't see Lewis and Nico going wheel to wheel....
Old 9 Nov 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3473275)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7 - love the track. Overtaking a challenge, but not impossible. Good battles.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3473300)   #9
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gave it a 6. I didn’t think is was not as good as Austin but that may have been because of the sky telecast. Did anyone else think the commentary team made a lot more errors than normal? It seemed they were missing on track action, incorrectly identifying cars and simply not realising what was occurring on track much more than usual.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 00:51 (Ref:3473303)   #10
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
6. Good stuff but somehow I did expect a bit more from this race. A resolute performance from Button, a spirited effort from Raikkonen.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3473304)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An 8. Rather surprised with the quiet, droning battery cars from Formula Bernie.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 03:38 (Ref:3473324)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8, had everything except drama from Mercedes.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3473328)   #13
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 7. Piquet puckering up to Lauda was hot!
Old 10 Nov 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3473361)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rather better than of late, 7
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 10 Nov 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3473385)   #15
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8. With Massa finishing on the podium after a stop/go penalty, Rosberg got a new victory after being overtaken by Hamilton in Italy and USA.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3473443)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I can't believe people are giving this an 8?!

Apart from, Hamilton chasing down Rosberg and a brief scrap between the Ferrari and Red Bulls (or any of them in isolation) naff all else happened did it
Old 10 Nov 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3473450)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
at first i didnt think LH would be able to claw back his 7 sec mistake and i spent the last 20 laps with my heart in my throat convinced that one of them was going to blow an engine.

on at a reasonable time so was taking part in the tenths chat room, talking trash with buddies (who dont usually watch) on the phone because its end of season and more people are watching.

i allowed myself to get caught up in it and had fun doing so, so i gave it an 8.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3473459)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I can't believe people are giving this an 8?!

Apart from, Hamilton chasing down Rosberg and a brief scrap between the Ferrari and Red Bulls (or any of them in isolation) naff all else happened did it
Interlagos is an automatic 8 just for being, come on!

But apart from that, a tense race up front and some good fighting. A shame about the tyres that captain safety Felipe Massa recommended, but you can't have it all.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3473463)   #19
gloomerize
Rookie

Scotland
Forfar
gloomerize should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Normally, at best this would be a 4/10; a Nico Rosberg victory meaning the WDC can still be decided by 'regular' points and a pretty decent performance by Kimi Räikkönen bump it up to a 5.

There was plenty of intrigue regarding tyre management right enough, but, idk, this race really struggled to hold my attention.

(First post here, btw. Hi!)
Old 10 Nov 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3473464)   #20
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 5. I love Interlagos, but I was hoping for rain. I'll admit the Mercedes scrap was intriguing - sadly, we were sort of robbed of that scrap when Lewis had his little off. Realistically though, I think he would have to made some sort of very risky move to get by Nico. Nico just seemed to have the speed this weekend.

There was some decent battles with the Red Bulls and Ferraris, but a lot of the race was rather undramatic.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3473503)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
7 - only saw the highlights on BBC - but there was a fair amount of action. Obviously would have liked Lewis to have pitted a lap earlier which would have put him back on track either "just" ahead or "just" behind Nico , setting up a real battle.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 01:28 (Ref:3473575)   #22
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 is a fair score
Old 11 Nov 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3473577)   #23
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
7 - only saw the highlights on BBC - but there was a fair amount of action. Obviously would have liked Lewis to have pitted a lap earlier which would have put him back on track either "just" ahead or "just" behind Nico , setting up a real battle.
I was expecting more fireworks but Hamilton just seemed subdued and even though he was close enough to use DRS made no real attempt to do so. I think he had resolved already that he wasn't going to try wheel to wheel stuff with Nico. If they touched and one of them had had to retire it would have been a real problem politically.
I later saw him on an interview made after qualifying and he remarked about how hard it was going to be to pass around Interlagos.

I think he decided second was good enough and he'd save it for Abu Dhabi...
Old 11 Nov 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3473578)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I was expecting more fireworks but Hamilton just seemed subdued and even though he was close enough to use DRS made no real attempt to do so. I think he had resolved already that he wasn't going to try wheel to wheel stuff with Nico. If they touched and one of them had had to retire it would have been a real problem politically.
I later saw him on an interview made after qualifying and he remarked about how hard it was going to be to pass around Interlagos.

I think he decided second was good enough and he'd save it for Abu Dhabi...
Lewis is a smart lad and will SPANK Nico at Abu Dhabi.....
Old 11 Nov 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3473595)   #25
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Lewis is a smart lad and will SPANK Nico at Abu Dhabi.....
Lewis will SPANK Nico at Abu Dhabi, but lets not get carried away with the crazy talk.